Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
WCE are the best team in the comp

quoted!

Nah RD, he won't be on big money, he's coming into his prime as a ruckman and he'll be an extremely cost-effective back-up/potential starter.

Have no doubt the Jetta deal was done with this in the pipeline.
Sorry mate, you will not want Giles, I remember him starting out at Port Adelaide (didn't get a game - although he was very young and had to compete with Brogan & Lade), in GWS he was pushed out completely by Mumford, in Essendon he was behind Bellchambers & Spud McKernan (both horrible rucks - sorry Bombers supporters, you cannot get too angry now that you have Luey though). Imagine him behind Nic NAt (and I have no doubts Lycett will always be selected before him).

He's just one of those players who only got senior opportunities because he lived in the era of the expansion teams - he's not up to AFL standard imo and is just trying to maintain contracts (or income) until he's too old to play
Then why would WCE fly him over for a meeting.... We on here must know more than AFL recruiters
Idk, big mistake if they recruit him imo. Essendon will not let him go for a insignificant price as well.

I think Giles is worried because of Luey's arrival, and I think West Coast are worried because their ruck depth suddenly seems depleted (i.e. Nic Nat (arguably injury prone and constantly monitored) + Lycett (unproven). I think Giles provides them with security (however, I don't see him playing unless someone gets injured) and I also think WCE see him as a cheap short-term option

RaisyDaisy

Dawson Simpson officially now with GWS

Cam McCarthy now pleading to be traded to Freo

"I love all the boys at GWS and they’ve been great and stuff like that, but living in western Sydney I don’t think is for me," McCarthy said.

"I don’t really get to come home much - all the Melbourne boys get to fly back every time there’s a weekend off, but I haven’t really had the opportunity because Perth is so far away.

"I’ve got two younger sisters and you don’t really see them grow up as much in a way.

"I don’t want to miss too much of that because they’re pretty important to me."

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 01:47:31 PM

"I love all the boys at GWS and they’ve been great and stuff like that, but living in western Sydney I don’t think is for me," McCarthy said.

"I don’t really get to come home much - all the Melbourne boys get to fly back every time there’s a weekend off, but I haven’t really had the opportunity because Perth is so far away.

"I’ve got two younger sisters and you don’t really see them grow up as much in a way.

The feeeeeels!

RaisyDaisy

Apologies if already mentioned, but North are looking to snare Aish now

Pkbaldy

GWS trade Jacob Townsend and pick 120 to Richmond for pick 70

iZander

Sounds like some Bs, to get a big salary. If thats how he felt why sign a large contract :P

Pkbaldy

Nothing special in there. Handy tagger, but skills are debatable....

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 01:57:58 PM

Richmond love trading in taggers for some reason

Saw a tweet by Freako that said something along those lines. Townsend, Hunt, Thomas and I think even someone else

Pkbaldy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 02:01:10 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 01:57:58 PM

Richmond love trading in taggers for some reason

Saw a tweet by Freako that said something along those lines. Townsend, Hunt, Thomas and I think even someone else

Was Grigg ever a tagger?

powersuperkents

Quote from: iZander on October 16, 2015, 01:57:33 PM

Sounds like some Bs, to get a big salary. If thats how he felt why sign a large contract :P
+1 mate. A big plus one

T Dog

Anyone heard about Rich being looked at by GWS ?. Just caught the end of a radio discussion. Missed any info if any.

Ringo

Josh Walker currently undergoing a medical with Brisbane. Rumour if passed will be packaged with Jansen for future picks next year possibly 3rd Round. That may be a bit light imo though.

Do not want Astbury or Bastinac if it means we compromise picks and miss Hipwood and/or Keays. Both these players are Qld bred and will not go home so a must for Brisbane as I see it.  Either that or they come home after 2 years

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2015, 03:24:00 PM
Josh Walker currently undergoing a medical with Brisbane. Rumour if passed will be packaged with Jansen for future picks next year possibly 3rd Round. That may be a bit light imo though.

Do not want Astbury or Bastinac if it means we compromise picks and miss Hipwood and/or Keays. Both these players are Qld bred and will not go home so a must for Brisbane as I see it.  Either that or they come home after 2 years
I don't see a players (i.e. Walker, Astbury, Bastinac, & Jansen) leaving Brisbane if they requested a trade there. It impugns a player's mentality if he request trades two times over the duration of their career.

If they can get the picks to recruit their academy players, plus pick up all four of these players, it will be a huge win for Brisbane over the off-season (I think it would render the loss of Redden & Luey as insignificant - I'm hoping that the Lions can land it all, but it will be tough)

Ringo

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2015, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 16, 2015, 03:24:00 PM

I don't see a players (i.e. Walker, Astbury, Bastinac, & Jansen) leaving Brisbane if they requested a trade there. It impugns a player's mentality if he request trades two times over the duration of their career.

If they can get the picks to recruit their academy players, plus pick up all four of these players, it will be a huge win for Brisbane over the off-season (I think it would render the loss of Redden & Luey as insignificant - I'm hoping that the Lions can land it all, but it will be tough)
Aish for Bastinac and a pick would suit me fine. Adds to the opinion I have clubs should negotiate the besty deal with a club in the city they want to go to.

Meant that Keays and Hipwood would stay unlike other players who are drafted to Brisbane.  Agree players moving to Brisbane probably will not leave.

elephants

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2015, 01:37:30 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
WCE are the best team in the comp

quoted!

Nah RD, he won't be on big money, he's coming into his prime as a ruckman and he'll be an extremely cost-effective back-up/potential starter.

Have no doubt the Jetta deal was done with this in the pipeline.
Sorry mate, you will not want Giles, I remember him starting out at Port Adelaide (didn't get a game - although he was very young and had to compete with Brogan & Lade), in GWS he was pushed out completely by Mumford, in Essendon he was behind Bellchambers & Spud McKernan (both horrible rucks - sorry Bombers supporters, you cannot get too angry now that you have Luey though). Imagine him behind Nic NAt (and I have no doubts Lycett will always be selected before him).

He's just one of those players who only got senior opportunities because he lived in the era of the expansion teams - he's not up to AFL standard imo and is just trying to maintain contracts (or income) until he's too old to play
Then why would WCE fly him over for a meeting.... We on here must know more than AFL recruiters
Idk, big mistake if they recruit him imo. Essendon will not let him go for a insignificant price as well.

I think Giles is worried because of Luey's arrival, and I think West Coast are worried because their ruck depth suddenly seems depleted (i.e. Nic Nat (arguably injury prone and constantly monitored) + Lycett (unproven). I think Giles provides them with security (however, I don't see him playing unless someone gets injured) and I also think WCE see him as a cheap short-term option

So you've literally just said he'll likely be very cheap and that we need depth now that we have lost Sinclair given how injury prone Nat and Lycett are...

So whats the major issue?? :p