Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 16, 2015, 01:39:41 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2015, 01:36:33 AM
No, he's a spud.

Sorry KB he is a spud.

We were extremely lucky to get pick 25 for him.

Please! Stahp! No more!

:'(

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Barra13 on October 16, 2015, 12:16:07 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 16, 2015, 01:39:41 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 16, 2015, 01:36:33 AM
No, he's a spud.

Sorry KB he is a spud.

We were extremely lucky to get pick 25 for him.

Please! Stahp! No more!

:'(

At least he's an upgrade on Toumpas :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2015, 11:41:40 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 10:49:40 AM
WCE interested in Jon Giles.

I love this, should be cheap and the bloke can play when given the chance! Great Sinkers replacement.
He wants to go to a 4th club I think he's got an attitude problem tbh. If he's gone to three clubs to be the No. 1 ruck then at at two of them anyway he's been in the reserves and they've gone out next off-season to get another ruck. (They got Giles before Mumford came right?)

Would not go near him.

Agree. I don't want him at all

I'm not sure if it's attitude or talent or a combination of both, but if he thinks that he can just bounce from club to club if he isn't getting a game in the seniors then he probably needs to check his ego and realize that he is not as good as he thinks he is
Umm if clubs keep wanting him then he's obviously rated.... If you have clubs keen on you, you don't just go a flower it i'll go play VFL

Maybe he realised he made a massive mistake with Essendon? and then the grand finalist show interest in him... I know what I'd be doing regardless of how many clubs I've been at
Plus, you just lost your #2 ruck. You can't go into next year playing NicNat and Lycett and hope neither gets injured all year.

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 12:24:46 PM

I love this, should be cheap and the bloke can play when given the chance! Great Sinkers replacement.
He wants to go to a 4th club I think he's got an attitude problem tbh. If he's gone to three clubs to be the No. 1 ruck then at at two of them anyway he's been in the reserves and they've gone out next off-season to get another ruck. (They got Giles before Mumford came right?)

Would not go near him.

I'm not sure if it's attitude or talent or a combination of both, but if he thinks that he can just bounce from club to club if he isn't getting a game in the seniors then he probably needs to check his ego and realize that he is not as good as he thinks he is
Umm if clubs keep wanting him then he's obviously rated.... If you have clubs keen on you, you don't just go a flower it i'll go play VFL

Maybe he realised he made a massive mistake with Essendon? and then the grand finalist show interest in him... I know what I'd be doing regardless of how many clubs I've been at
Plus, you just lost your #2 ruck. You can't go into next year playing NicNat and Lycett and hope neither gets injured all year.

Yeah sorry RD but I could not disagree more.

Giles is the perfect pick-up for us. He will know that he isn't #1 ruck at the Eagles and he'll be vying with Lycett for the #2 spot. If we can get Giles for a third rounder it would be amazing. Even a second I'd take.

Giles roughly = Sinclair

Which leaves Jetta for a third rounder!

Ricochet

Hampton deal done

QuoteGWS Giants trade Curtly Hampton to Adelaide Crows for its 2016 Round 2 Selection.

RaisyDaisy

Would not go near him.

Good Luck getting an AFL game at West Coast. If he didn't with Essendon, then how does he think he can at WCE?

Lycett does very well when sole ruck if NN is out, and even guys like McInness give us better forward service than Giles would

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 12:57:16 PM

Would not go near him.

Giles is the perfect pick-up for us. He will know that he isn't #1 ruck at the Eagles and he'll be vying with Lycett for the #2 spot. If we can get Giles for a third rounder it would be amazing. Even a second I'd take.

Giles roughly = Sinclair

I guess I don't rate Giles as much as others. He's had a couple of good games, but I think NN, Lycett and McInness is still more than enough for as

@Rico - there are plenty of other clubs that don't have as many good rucks as we do, so what I'm saying is that Giles coming to us isn't a good idea because he has a better chance of getting a game at other clubs like Sydney, Carlton even Freo when Sandi retires etc but hey, if we wants to sit around as back and it costs us bugger all then fine by me  :)

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2015, 01:11:00 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 12:57:16 PM

Would not go near him.

Giles roughly = Sinclair

I guess I don't rate Giles as much as others. He's had a couple of good games, but I think NN, Lycett and McInness is still more than enough for as

@Rico - there are plenty of other clubs that don't have as many good rucks as we do, so what I'm saying is that Giles coming to us isn't a good idea because he has a better chance of getting a game at other clubs like Sydney, Carlton even Freo when Sandi retires etc but hey, if we wants to sit around as back and it costs us bugger all then fine by me  :)
But are they making an offer to him? Atm we only know WCE are interested

New environment, new coaches, new team. WCE are the best team in the comp for developing ruckmen. Anything can happen

He would see himself as #2 behind NicNat, or WCE would probably sell it that way. He knows he's #3-4 at Essendon behind Leuey, Belly, McKernan.

Plus he has more chance to play finals footy at WCE

If an offer is made, its obvious what he should be doing

RaisyDaisy

If he is in fact on the market, Sydney should be chasing him. He's a younger version of Pyke somewhat, so might as well!

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
WCE are the best team in the comp

quoted!

Nah RD, he won't be on big money, he's coming into his prime as a ruckman and he'll be an extremely cost-effective back-up/potential starter.

Have no doubt the Jetta deal was done with this in the pipeline.

Pkbaldy

Reports GC want 2 first rounders for Dixon.

What a flowering joke. Hes barely worth the pick 10 Port offered. Only good for 10-15 games a year. Man's made paper...

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 01:29:15 PM

What a flowering joke. Hes barely worth the pick 10 Port offered. Only good for 10-15 games a year. Man's made paper...
Yeh i laughed at that

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

quoted!

Nah RD, he won't be on big money, he's coming into his prime as a ruckman and he'll be an extremely cost-effective back-up/potential starter.

Sorry mate, you will not want Giles, I remember him starting out at Port Adelaide (didn't get a game - although he was very young and had to compete with Brogan & Lade), in GWS he was pushed out completely by Mumford, in Essendon he was behind Bellchambers & Spud McKernan (both horrible rucks - sorry Bombers supporters, you cannot get too angry now that you have Luey though). Imagine him behind Nic NAt (and I have no doubts Lycett will always be selected before him).

He's just one of those players who only got senior opportunities because he lived in the era of the expansion teams - he's not up to AFL standard imo and is just trying to maintain contracts (or income) until he's too old to play

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on October 16, 2015, 01:29:49 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 16, 2015, 01:29:15 PM

Yeh i laughed at that
+1

Yet they trade Bennell (a flowering prodigy) for a pick upgrade...

He's not worth pick 10 and Port are being generous, I assume they expect us to make up the difference because they got themselves ripped off in the Freo trade (max games per season for Dixon is 16... and that was this year...)

I hate the bias media saying that Port are being unreasonable with this trade and comparing us to St Kilda and the Carlisle deal... We are willing to give away our first flowering pick!!

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

quoted!

Sorry mate, you will not want Giles, I remember him starting out at Port Adelaide (didn't get a game - although he was very young and had to compete with Brogan & Lade), in GWS he was pushed out completely by Mumford, in Essendon he was behind Bellchambers & Spud McKernan (both horrible rucks - sorry Bombers supporters, you cannot get too angry now that you have Luey though). Imagine him behind Nic NAt (and I have no doubts Lycett will always be selected before him).

He's just one of those players who only got senior opportunities because he lived in the era of the expansion teams - he's not up to AFL standard imo and is just trying to maintain contracts (or income) until he's too old to play
Then why would WCE fly him over for a meeting.... We on here must know more than AFL recruiters