Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstorm

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 03:21:51 PM
Jay Clark saying "Jake Carlisle has told Hawks he will play there, if Saints can't do deal (No.5). Hawks have green light"
I think Ameet just had his pants dropped and got bent over the table.... They might have got away with paying unders two days ago, now it could be overs if they really want him.

Pkbaldy

Jay Clark saying "Jake Carlisle has told Hawks he will play there, if Saints can't do deal (No.5). Hawks have green light"

Jay Clark get the Carlisle before his Manager or Clarkson? What a laugh.

I couldn't care less if we get Carlisle or not. Rather get a player through free agency next year than spend a pick. We are the only club not to take advantage of FA, and it shows. Hurley as a free agent will be nice once he's OOC.

Holz

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 15, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 03:19:53 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 03:14:57 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 15, 2015, 03:13:23 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on October 15, 2015, 03:08:04 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 15, 2015, 03:02:30 PM
just about done with the AFL if Hawks get Carlisle. equalization my ass
I've always said that players shouldn't have the right to choose which club they play for until they're a free agent, but if the Hawks are willing to pay that price in picks for Carlisle then the competition is still pretty equal.
no it's not. where does it end?

gun goes to Hawks, picks go to club

next year

gun goes to hawks, picks to club

next year

gun goes to hawks....

it will never end, they will always be in the premiership window, and guns will always want to go there because it's a guaranteed flag

Agree and there lie's the flaw in free agency.
That's trading, not FA. and will always happen. Clubs just need to get to Hawks level at attracting players
but how can they if Hawks keep poaching the top level players and are always at the top

because when they fall they will fall hard.

Frawley and Carlisle arent that good.

remember they have lost Josh Kenendy and Franklin.

powersuperkents

Spot the difference  :P

Ricochet

I've always said that players shouldn't have the right to choose which club they play for until they're a free agent, but if the Hawks are willing to pay that price in picks for Carlisle then the competition is still pretty equal.

next year

next year

gun goes to hawks....

it will never end, they will always be in the premiership window, and guns will always want to go there because it's a guaranteed flag

That's trading, not FA. and will always happen. Clubs just need to get to Hawks level at attracting players
but how can they if Hawks keep poaching the top level players and are always at the top
They are giving up something decent for Carlisle though. And if Saints had offered overs (like Geelong have so far this period) and included pick 5 (and gotten Essendon's 2nd rounder back) then the deal would probably have been done already. It's why Freo are trying to offer overs for McCarthy, to get the job done

Quote from: meow meow on October 15, 2015, 03:23:41 PM
Settle down, Carlisle isn't that good anyway. Never finished top 5 in a B&F. Inconsistent, increasingly injury prone sook.

Hawks have lost Franklin to free agency. Some of that money went to Frawley, some to McEvoy and the rest allowed them to keep the rest of their list.

They've lost Suckling, Lake, Hale, Anderson and Whitecross as well as their first round pick and brought in Carlisle. I don't see why everyone thinks they're better off.
^

Southstorm

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 15, 2015, 03:26:05 PM

I couldn't care less if we get Carlisle or not. Rather get a player through free agency next year than spend a pick. We are the only club not to take advantage of FA, and it shows. Hurley as a free agent will be nice once he's OOC.
Think Hurley would be much less likely to leave than Carlisle I'm afraid.

Not the end of the world if you don't get Carlisle for sure though.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2015, 03:27:32 PM
Spot the difference  :P

I can see a similarity... They all look stoned. haha

powersuperkents

Quote from: Holz on October 15, 2015, 03:26:53 PM

next year

next year

gun goes to hawks....

young players at the club are starting to want out as well - not that many but still 1 or more per off-season. 

Jay

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Holz on October 15, 2015, 03:26:53 PM

next year

next year

gun goes to hawks....

yeah, they lost them... yet just won their third flag in a row? and look like going into next year as a top contender as well.

if, and that's a big if, Carlisle goes against his word and joins the Hawks, then flower him and we're better off without that type of person anyway

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Southstorm on October 15, 2015, 03:28:21 PM

I agree with you with Hurley man. I'm banking on the $$$ and childhood team in our favor to secure Hurley.

Even if we miss out of Carlisle i'd still be happy with 5 + 24 for 9 + 13 if Adelaide were still keen. Attempt to get Balic and Collins.

powersuperkents

I guess Carlisle really wants a picture of himself painted gold  :P

#lame

Southstorm

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 15, 2015, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on October 15, 2015, 03:28:21 PM

I agree with you with Hurley man. I'm banking on the $$$ and childhood team in our favor to secure Hurley.

Even if we miss out of Carlisle i'd still be happy with 5 + 24 for 9 + 13 if Adelaide were still keen. Attempt to get Balic and Collins.
Well, the bombers will be on a lot of money next year because we were saving bank for Jake. Not sure which other KPDs come into play next year. Think it's imperative the Saints find away to grab one from another club if you're serious about the imminent finals push.

meow meow

TBH Saints are a loooooong way off finals.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: meow meow on October 15, 2015, 03:55:06 PM
TBH Saints are a loooooong way off finals.

So were the Dogs. And so were Port.