Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

just about done with the AFL if Hawks get Carlisle. equalization my ass

powersuperkents

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 15, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
Richmond's take on bringing in Bennell to meet with them

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-15/bennell-disrespected-tigers-during-trade-talks
I have a feeling that on the Fremantle trade spectrum of Colin Sylvia-to-Luke McPharlin

Bennell may end up leaning more towards the Colin Sylvia side of the spectrum in a year or two

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2015, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 15, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
Richmond's take on bringing in Bennell to meet with them

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-15/bennell-disrespected-tigers-during-trade-talks
I have a feeling that on the Fremantle trade spectrum of Colin Sylvia-to-Luke McPharlin

Bennell may end up leaning more towards the Colin Sylvia side of the spectrum in a year or two
2x Brownlows later

Southstorm

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 15, 2015, 03:02:30 PM
I've always said that players shouldn't have the right to choose which club they play for until they're a free agent, but if the Hawks are willing to pay that price in picks for Carlisle then the competition is still pretty equal.

_wato

Lake for Carlisle.

Unbelievable deal for Hawthorn.

AaronKirk

St Kilda's unwillingness to discuss an equilibrium position to come to an agreement with Essendon has just about cost them Carlisle.

If they offered any alternative to pick 5 then that could have been explored by Essendon and i'm sure a deal would probably have been reached.

But the fact they said we are not giving pick 5 and not offering any alternatives at all has meant Essendon has made discussions with other clubs.

Imagine this? Essendon and Hawthorn co-operating?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Southstorm on October 15, 2015, 03:08:04 PM
I've always said that players shouldn't have the right to choose which club they play for until they're a free agent, but if the Hawks are willing to pay that price in picks for Carlisle then the competition is still pretty equal.
no it's not. where does it end?

gun goes to Hawks, picks go to club

next year

gun goes to hawks, picks to club

next year

gun goes to hawks....

it will never end, they will always be in the premiership window, and guns will always want to go there because it's a guaranteed flag

powersuperkents

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 15, 2015, 03:12:27 PM
St Kilda's unwillingness to discuss an equilibrium position to come to an agreement with Essendon has just about cost them Carlisle.

If they offered any alternative to pick 5 then that could have been explored by Essendon and i'm sure a deal would probably have been reached.

But the fact they said we are not giving pick 5 and not offering any alternatives at all has meant Essendon has made discussions with other clubs.

I don't know why St Kilda were not willing to trade pick 5 for Carlisle - it is a fair deal...

Grazz

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 15, 2015, 03:13:23 PM

next year

next year

gun goes to hawks....

it will never end, they will always be in the premiership window, and guns will always want to go there because it's a guaranteed flag

Agree and there lie's the flaw in free agency.

Grazz

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2015, 03:14:32 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 15, 2015, 03:12:27 PM

I don't know why St Kilda were not willing to trade pick 5 for Carlisle - it is a fair deal...

Yep they've flowered this up a bit, if you want a player give the pick and get what you want, trying to have your cake and eat it to is thwart with danger in the draft period because sooner or later other clubs get interested as some of their deals don't pan out and you lose the advantage.

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 03:14:57 PM

next year

next year

gun goes to hawks....

That's trading, not FA. and will always happen. Clubs just need to get to Hawks level at attracting players

Ricochet

Jay Clark saying "Jake Carlisle has told Hawks he will play there, if Saints can't do deal (No.5). Hawks have green light"

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 03:19:53 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 03:14:57 PM

next year

next year

gun goes to hawks....

That's trading, not FA. and will always happen. Clubs just need to get to Hawks level at attracting players
but how can they if Hawks keep poaching the top level players and are always at the top

meow meow

Settle down, Carlisle isn't that good anyway. Never finished top 5 in a B&F. Inconsistent, increasingly injury prone sook.

Hawks have lost Franklin to free agency. Some of that money went to Frawley, some to McEvoy and the rest allowed them to keep the rest of their list.

They've lost Suckling, Lake, Hale, Anderson and Whitecross as well as their first round pick and brought in Carlisle. I don't see why everyone thinks they're better off.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 15, 2015, 03:21:51 PM
Jay Clark saying "Jake Carlisle has told Hawks he will play there, if Saints can't do deal (No.5). Hawks have green light"

I read that as him saying he is still happy to go to STK, but it's obviously up the them now to see if they can give Essendon what they want

If that's the case, fair play by Jake