Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: TomK on October 06, 2015, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 09:16:05 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 06, 2015, 08:51:45 PM
To continue the discussion from the other day, Hampton to Crows for first trade done.

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 05:58:54 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2015, 02:57:25 PM
Could the South Australian Clubs re-enter the race for Jack Redden?  He has proposed to his South Australian girl friend so will this have some factor in final decision.
The Crows could try.
I really hope we do, pick 13 would do it.
I honestly see the Lions asking for Jenkins if this were to occur (not as good as Tex or Lynch, but physically what Brisbane are looking for)
Yeah, they would probably ask but It'd be a pretty quick no
Really?

The Crows have struggled since Tippett left and Jenkins has filled that void - so I see what you mean. However, Redden will be able to instantly fill the void left by Dangerfield (will fill the position well - but in no way comparable to Dangerfield premier ability). I agree, though that the Crows would not be willing to part with Jenkins (he plays an important role for the club).

Redden was a pick in the mid-20's so pick 13 is not far-fetched. However, the Lions have a tendency to overrate their players

This is a situation where keeping Spud McKernan would have been helpful  :P

Ringo

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 09:22:19 PM
To continue the discussion from the other day, Hampton to Crows for first trade done.

Could the South Australian Clubs re-enter the race for Jack Redden?  He has proposed to his South Australian girl friend so will this have some factor in final decision.
The Crows could try.
I honestly see the Lions asking for Jenkins if this were to occur (not as good as Tex or Lynch, but physically what Brisbane are looking for)
Really?

The Crows have struggled since Tippett left and Jenkins has filled that void - so I see what you mean. However, Redden will be able to instantly fill the void left by Dangerfield (will fill the position well - but in no way comparable to Dangerfield premier ability). I agree, though that the Crows would not be willing to part with Jenkins (he plays an important role for the club).

Redden was a pick in the mid-20's so pick 13 is not far-fetched. However, the Lions have a tendency to overrate their players

I would take Pick 13 for Reddo.  we will need some early picks to keep Keays and Hipwood under academy bidding and 13 would be perfect.

TomK

The Crows could try.
Really?

C'mon, no situation where McKernan is involved is useful ;)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2015, 09:39:48 PM

The Crows could try.
Really?

I would take Pick 13 for Reddo.  we will need some early picks to keep Keays and Hipwood under academy bidding and 13 would be perfect.
I did not consider this

I think Redden may most likely go to the Crows as West Coast would not be able to offer anything better unless they provided Sinclair or Lycett (Sydney likely to get one and I doubt West Coast is willing to part with both for a player they don't really need - i.e. Redden).

I honestly see pick 13 for Redden being a real possibility - looks to be the best case scenario for both clubs

Does Redden get a say in where he is going? Because he honestly shouldn't since he's still contracted and intends to severe it

Mat0369

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 06, 2015, 07:02:55 PM
I don't think he's that bad :P

Can take a mark and is still only 22

You guys do already have Casboult though, so I don't think he would be a good fit at Carlton

He's pretty bad.

Remember Geelong needed someone to play next to Tomahawk and had to go out and get Mitch Clark? If he can't be successful at Geelong next to Tomahawk and with the supply he was getting, how will he be any better at Carlton? Just because you play ok at VFL level doesn't mean you are going to be a good AFL player.

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 09:19:01 PM
+1

I thought Carlton were trying to avoid getting burnt this off-season...

Don't see it happening without Geelong parting with it's first rounder (or unless they can pick up another clubs early second rounder and package it with Spud Walker - Walker would honestly be a step backwards for Carlton unless their goal was to collect all the Walkers in the AFL).

Check Liam Jones, this seems like another one of those moves.

Ringo

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 06, 2015, 09:50:44 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2015, 09:39:48 PM

The Crows could try.
Really?

I did not consider this

I think Redden may most likely go to the Crows as West Coast would not be able to offer anything better unless they provided Sinclair or Lycett (Sydney likely to get one and I doubt West Coast is willing to part with both for a player they don't really need - i.e. Redden).

I honestly see pick 13 for Redden being a real possibility - looks to be the best case scenario for both clubs

Does Redden get a say in where he is going? Because he honestly shouldn't since he's still contracted and intends to severe it
Redden becomes an eligible restricted free agent after next season so with the request to trade Lions will try and get a decent trade now.

Nige

There's a rumour going around that the Tiges have offered their first rounder for Matthew Lobbe.

Can't imagine it will actually happen though.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on October 06, 2015, 11:47:38 PM
There's a rumour going around that the Tiges have offered their first rounder for Matthew Lobbe.

Waste. Better off drafting Callum Ah Chee!

Toga

Good move. Maric isn't getting any younger and Lobbe is a great ruckman.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on October 06, 2015, 11:47:38 PM

He's the Port Adelaide Vice-Captain and he's contracted until 2019. There's is literally no way Hinkley is going to let him go (internally Lobbe is revered, he doesn't want to go, and I can't imagine Port trading him because one poor season - and even if they would it wouldn't be for a measly first round pick (Lobbe is a first rounder himself and has always shown why from 2013-14).

Literally, no way this will happen. I think clubs need to give up on Hartlett & Lobbe, they will never move. Now supporters just need to sit and hope we can lock down Wines & Wingard (I'm sure they won't leave - the time to leave was 2012, not after Hinkley has rebuilt the team from the ground up). 

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 06, 2015, 06:36:24 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 06, 2015, 12:41:02 PM
Oh, well that's interesting. We did chase Trengove last year and now we've asked about Tyson.

I like Dom Tyson, but I thought we'd aim higher...

Yep Dom Tyson is terrible

Maybe go for some more established names like Taylor Hunt

:P

or Tom Mcdonald, Nathan Jones etc..

Ricochet

sounds like Redden will be going to WCE.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2015, 10:43:52 AM

What do you reckon will get the job done?

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 07, 2015, 11:06:03 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2015, 10:43:52 AM

What do you reckon will get the job done?
Schwab suggested multiple draft picks on Trade Radio this morning

Spite

Rumour of a 3 way trade between port, dees and pies with toumpas, kennedy and young being swapped around