Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: silloc on September 18, 2015, 09:39:38 AM
melksham isn't unskillful, he has the potential to rip games apart. He was progressing nicely until bomber took over. I still think he is a bee's dick away from a breakout season. I feel like it would've been this season if the team wouldn't have failed so hard.

Don't think he is a bad cross replacement. Not as prolific, but still manages to positively impact play without getting possession.
i agree mate

kilbluff1985

yeah i'm not sure how anyone can call him unskillful he is a very reliable kick at goal

his issue is consistency some player thrive at a new club like Bernie Vince

his contract would probably front loaded anyway

Football Factory

Might be a good move for him to go to the dees for a fresh start. Pick 10 2009 Nat

Is he worth 400k a year ? not sure. If Roos and co think he's worth it then I guess you have to back his judgement.

H1bb3i2d

He's got a hell of a kick on the outside and had a very strong inside game as a youngster, just never found the consistency as guys above have said. Maybe given more opportunity he could flourish?

elephants

Jesus that is filthy overs. 400k for 4 years for a younger Matt Jones with slightly more upside? :s

RaisyDaisy

Agree that he would be handy at Melbourne, but the salary is overs

I guess you need to pay overs when bringing in talent from another club

On a separate note, I just noticed Jed Adcock finished 9th in the clubs B&F. Just even more LOL that they dumped him

silloc

Quote from: elephants on September 18, 2015, 11:18:53 AM
Jesus that is filthy overs. 400k for 4 years for a younger Matt Jones with slightly more upside? :s

Well that's what I thought about what Adelaide paid for betts... they obviously saw something I didn't

Rusty00

Quote from: silloc on September 18, 2015, 11:48:15 AM

Well that's what I thought about what Adelaide paid for betts... they obviously saw something I didn't
To be fair on yourself most people (especially here in Adelaide) thought it was paying over for Betts. Those people don't seem to be complaining now :P

Jay

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 18, 2015, 11:52:11 AM

To be fair on yourself most people (especially here in Adelaide) thought it was paying over for Betts. Those people don't seem to be complaining now :P
People thought that? :o

Dudge

Quote from: Jayman on September 18, 2015, 11:55:48 AM

I'm afraid I did at the time, but now eating humble pie :-[

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2015, 11:45:52 AM
Agree that he would be handy at Melbourne, but the salary is overs

I guess you need to pay overs when bringing in talent from another club

On a separate note, I just noticed Jed Adcock finished 9th in the clubs B&F. Just even more LOL that they dumped him

I woulda finished 9th in Brisbane's B&F :p pretty sure he only finished that high because of the number of games he played hahaha

Rusty00

Quote from: Jayman on September 18, 2015, 11:55:48 AM

A lot of people at the time were questioning whether the money was worth it given he'd just come off a really average season at Carlton.

powersuperkents

Heard a Seedsman to Nth Melbourne rumour.

I don't think it's true as he is a die hard Magpies supporter

But could be as Collingwood try to free up money for the transfer period

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 18, 2015, 01:04:05 PM
Heard a Seedsman to Nth Melbourne rumour.

I don't think it's true as he is a die hard Magpies supporter

But could be as Collingwood try to free up money for the transfer period

Been in the news for a few days now

elephants

SEN reporting that the Bombers want Jeremy Howe and a First Round Pick for Jake Melksham.

How flowering high are they?