Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Nige

Stevo reckons Freo are faves to land Harley.

Pies (surprise surprise!) and Crows leading the race for Curtly Hampton.

Kreuzer failed medicals at the Pies and Dogs, expected to re-sign with the Blues.

Gorringe finally seeking a move away from the Gold Coast.

Suns considering offering Jed Adcock a similar deal to what they offered Andrew Raines - to lead the NEAFL side and play if injuries strike.

Woosha offered a 5 year contract by the Bombers to coach them.

RaisyDaisy

What a pathetic offer for Jed. I hope he doesn't entertain it

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on September 16, 2015, 10:57:38 AM
Stevo reckons Freo are faves to land Harley.
Peel Thunder link may have something to do with this.

We managed to turn Son Son's career around, we should be able to manage Harley

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 16, 2015, 10:58:57 AM
It's been said he believes he can still play at the top level and that he will keep looking for better offers (which I'm sure he'll get).

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on September 16, 2015, 11:02:52 AM
It's been said he believes he can still play at the top level and that he will keep looking for better offers (which I'm sure he'll get).

I find it very interesting that...

1) a team would cut their ex-captain's career short by 2-3 years
2) another team would only offer a role like that in the 2s

... if they believed he could still cope at the top level for another couple of years

Football Factory

I like Bennell but don't want the Bombers to get him for obvious reasons  :-X  Freo will be happy if they can help Bennell over his problems (gun player)

Football Factory

He wont take that crap, pretty motivated to play on at the top level for a few years, wont be playing ressies surely.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 16, 2015, 11:06:10 AM

I find it very interesting that...

1) a team would cut their ex-captain's career short by 2-3 years
2) another team would only offer a role like that in the 2s

... if they believed he could still cope at the top level for another couple of years
'The Suns are considering presenting an offer to former Lion captain Jed Adcock.

The Suns see Adcock playing a similar role to retired midfielder Andrew Raines, who was a leader of the NEAFL side but also a reliable call-up to the seniors whenever injury struck.

However Adcock will explore every available option as he believes he is still capable of playing every week at the elite level.

- Herald Sun"

- AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News page on Facebook.

Bit weird tbh.

meow meow

Adcock was flowering awful this year. He played well in one game against a team that was half trying. Brisbane cut him for a reason.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on September 16, 2015, 11:48:14 AM
Adcock was flowering awful this year. He played well in one game against a team that was half trying. Brisbane cut him for a reason.

Agreed. Can't understand the love for him to be honest.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on September 16, 2015, 11:57:14 AM

To be fair, so was the rest of his team bar a couple. I don't love the guy at all, but just think he is still good enough for AFL when you see so many other spuds a lot worse than him getting a run. I just think he has more to offer

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 16, 2015, 12:02:24 PM

To be fair, so was the rest of his team bar a couple. I don't love the guy at all, but just think he is still good enough for AFL when you see so many other spuds a lot worse than him getting a run. I just think he has more to offer
and yet two AFL teams don't. It's an interesting situation. Personally I didn't see it coming

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 16, 2015, 12:02:24 PM

Difference is, he's spud nudging 30 haha. Fair to say his best footy is behind him imo

RaisyDaisy

Yeah it's interesting for sure. Personally I couldn't give a flower, but it does seem a little odd. I would have thought that any of the bottom teams could use him. Even his leadership ability to guide the up and coming kids in a young defense or something.

Ah well, we will just wait and see if anyone grabs him