Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade 
BREAKING: Richmond have officially entered the race for Lions youngster James Aish. #AFL #AFLTrade

Mat0369

I would be pretty pissed if Josh Green is the only compo we get for Bell. It would be a Shaun Grigg/Andrew Collins situation all over again. Aish has been rumored to Carlton all season, if Aish is coming to Carlton, it will be involved in a deal for Bell if he wants to go home. Bell could still stay at Carlton, but if he goes Aish will be part of the deal.

Again, assuming Aish wants to come to us, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hendo pick is used in that deal if Bell stays at Carlton.

Quote from: nrich102 on September 09, 2015, 06:02:48 PM
Schache is flowering coming to Brisbane.

Probably not, we still probably take the key forward first overall. We need key players on both ends of the field but we have been trying to find a key forward for the last 5 years.

nrich102

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
I would be pretty pissed if Josh Green is the only compo we get for Bell. It would be a Shaun Grigg/Andrew Collins situation all over again. Aish has been rumored to Carlton all season, if Aish is coming to Carlton, it will be involved in a deal for Bell if he wants to go home. Bell could still stay at Carlton, but if he goes Aish will be part of the deal.

Again, assuming Aish wants to come to us, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hendo pick is used in that deal if Bell stays at Carlton.

Probably not, we still probably take the key forward first overall. We need key players on both ends of the field but we have been trying to find a key forward for the last 5 years.
:'(

Ringo

Thanks Matt - Aish is now being chased by Tigers and Collingwood and still to confirm his intentions to the club

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on September 09, 2015, 06:24:28 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade 
BREAKING: Richmond have officially entered the race for Lions youngster James Aish. #AFL #AFLTrade

:D

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on September 09, 2015, 06:33:40 PM
Thanks Matt - Aish is now being chased by Tigers and Collingwood and still to confirm his intentions to the club

Basically the Bell rumor came about because of a situation similar to Beams where his dad is sick and he wants to be close to his family.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-could-head-to-the-afl-draft-with-as-many-as-five-top-20-picks-this-year/story-fnp04d70-1227492159567?sv=cb759256faa7998c23ed6247d52f9ca

QuoteQueenslander Bell is contracted for 2016 but his manager Tim Hazell said he would consider his future in coming weeks.

His father has been sick but Brisbane’s lack of draft picks â€" they will use them on Brisbane academy kids â€" makes a trade hard to orchestrate.

“Belly is contracted. His dad has been crook and at the moment he wants to concentrate on the year and see how the trade period plays out,’’ he said.

“He is just really focused on giving the footy club everything over the next fortnight.”

I can't fault him for leaving in that case and we will do right by him, but the only way I see this work is future picks or a player.

So Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong are going to recruit every available player for trade or through FA? Good luck to em

Toga

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 06:46:37 PM
So Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong are going to recruit every available player for trade or through FA? Good luck to em

Who else is Richmond getting

Mat0369

Quote from: Toga on September 09, 2015, 06:50:37 PM
Who else is Richmond getting

Rumored players Richmond are after include

Treloar - he picked Collingwood
Yaz
Kreuz
Stevie J
Motlop before he resigned

Now add Aish and a few others I am probably forgetting.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on September 09, 2015, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 04:32:07 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on September 09, 2015, 01:50:23 PM
Bell for pick 21 (Bris)
Henderson for pick 10 (Gee)
Menzel for 31 (Ade)
Yarran for 34 (Rich)

Kreuzer leaves we get pick 2
Pick 10 for Carslile

Do you reckon that's possible?

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 09, 2015, 02:11:30 PM
Why would that one happen?? O.o

This

Plus we will want a hell of a lot higher pick for Yaz. He is still contracted so we have leverage on that deal.

No way we give up 21 year old 1st round pick in Menz for a pick in the 30's. Bell will likely be involved in the deal for Aish. It might be something like Bell and next years 2nd for Aish and Brisbane's 3rd this year.

Ideally I wouldn't want to give up 10 for Carlisle, too much to give up for a guy with a potential 2 year suspension looming over his head, if I am Carlton I am letting the other teams fight to make a deal for him and then grab him in the PSD if it all breaks down. Although considering he thinks Essendon is a bit of a mess he might want to go to a club with some stability
From Brisbane perspective if we do not get decent compensation picks or trade picks can not see us giving 21 for Bell - We will need to early picks to retain Academy Players Keays and Hipwood  if they are bid for early.
Do not how much truth in rumour Straight swap of Bell for Josh Green.

Any reason why Greeny wants to leave?

Mat0369

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 09, 2015, 07:08:14 PM
Any reason why Greeny wants to leave?

Ringo mentioned he was coached by Bolton in Tassie so he wants to work with him again.

Mat0369

Actually, reading into that I call BS. Bolton was at Clarence for one season, that was 2008, I am pretty sure Green was there in 09

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on September 09, 2015, 04:49:56 PM
AFL 24/7 ‏@AFLTrade
Matthew Kreuzer has failed a medical at the Western Bulldogs AND Collingwood in the past few days. #AFL #AFLTrade
maybe not

Sam McClure ‏@sam_mcclure
Just to clear things up:
Matthew Kruezer has not even had a medical anywhere, let alone failed one.

silloc

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 09, 2015, 06:25:47 PM

No way you'll give up weitering, you'll probably be able to get a key forward with your 2nd pick

Ricochet

Saints boys will love this

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-essendon-could-target-jack-billings-in-jake-carlisle-trade-with-st-kilda/story-fnp04d70-1227521624420

QuoteWHEN Essendon talks turkey with St Kilda about a deal for Jake Carlisle next week, one name will stand out above all else on the Bombers’ wishlist.

Classy goal kicking midfielder Jack Billings.

Big Mac

I don't even support the Saints but Essendon can get flowered