7.18 vs Essendon (L by 2)
16.10 vs Richmond (L by 20)
10.12 vs Melbourne (W by 3)
10.10 vs Collingwood (L by 6)
7.16 vs Sydney (L by 26)
7.14 vs Gold Coast (W by 9)
20.20 vs Carlton (W by lots)
14.13 vs Fremantle (L by 8)

Anyone can make up any excuse in the book as to why Port are losing matches. Fix up the kicking (And have our best 22, that is key, we don't have the depth like Hawthorn and Sydney do) and Port will win the flag from 5th. It's the only common factor from all our losses. Would've knocked off Adelaide, Essendon, Sydney, Freo with straight kicking. Obviously we didn't and have to make do with 5th place, but Port are not out of the Premiership race at all.

Mailman the 2nd

You wouldn't be winning the flag from 5th if you could kick straight.

Hence, it probably won't happen. All teams struggle with kicking straight in games

PowerBug

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 30, 2014, 08:02:02 PM
You wouldn't be winning the flag from 5th if you could kick straight.

Hence, it probably won't happen. All teams struggle with kicking straight in games
Oh there's no way we'll fix it up and get it right four weeks in a row, don't worry about that. The first couple of times (Adelaide and Essendon) I was fine with it, but it's a bit annoying now.

I just hope we can get through the first one (Will not be easy at all) and have another crack at the Dockers or Swans. :)

Nige

We're not any better at kicking straight, I wouldn't be too worried.  :P

SydneyRox

Yeah no strangers... the game vs Swans, we kicked 12.12 (and 14.14 earlier in the year).

PowerBug

See. 8.1 opening term puts the game beyond doubt. Had it been 3.6, Richmond would've been still in it.

It was the only thing missing. Now to back it up.

Slashers

Quote from: PowerBug on August 30, 2014, 07:59:44 PM
Obviously we didn't and have to make do with 5th place, but Port are not out of the Premiership race at all.
I'm hearin' ya PowerBug ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Slashers on September 07, 2014, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 30, 2014, 07:59:44 PM
Obviously we didn't and have to make do with 5th place, but Port are not out of the Premiership race at all.
I'm hearin' ya PowerBug ;)
It's all Hinkley's master plan right? He's just toying with the AFL hahaha :P

powersuperkents

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-12/the-inquirer-who-wins-the-semis

Statistically we really are the favourites in this upcoming game. Dockers only have a 30% win rate without Ballantyne so his absence should help as well.

Would still say Dockers are favourites because they are strong at the Subiaco. But either way Port have exceeded expectations this season. We win & we'll easily be the most impressive side (comparing us to the 2012 & 2013 team (also the most impressive side in 2013 finals imo, lagged off for a while though like this season). We lose, we still did what was expected of 5th and either way we give the competition something to fear over the next 5-10 years  :) 

powersuperkents

On top of that, I think more trade requests will come. Polec was obviously inspired by the Power last season, selecting them over the Crows. Players will see his development and will want to be part of this inspirational side. Furthermore, Port's matchday experience is now the best in the comp. already we are seeing teams, Brisbane (and I ensure you more will follow), attempting to emulate us.

Port truly has brought the matchday experience similar to that of the Roo's in the 70's & the Swans in the 80's back into relevance 

PowerBug

See, Hinkley is a mastermind, purposely losing that game two weeks ago so he could have a shot at the flag from 5th. He's just toying with the AFL, and in the mean time taking all the pressure off his team.

Mailman the 2nd

Still can't kick straight though  :P

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 14, 2014, 01:32:29 PM
Unfortunately they kicked straighter than Freo.  :(

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on September 14, 2014, 02:34:21 PM
They kicked straight when it mattered. Gray nailing those shots in the 3rd quarter.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on September 14, 2014, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 14, 2014, 02:34:21 PM
They kicked straight when it mattered. Gray nailing those shots in the 3rd quarter.
To be fair, he got 2 cracks at one of them :P