Qualifying Final - Hawthorn vs Geelong

Started by Mr.Craig, August 29, 2014, 11:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Here we go again.

A number of interesting selection dilemmas. Hodge, Stratton and Suckling would surely be in if fit but I don't know about Hill. Not the first time he's been a late out and his impact when playing has been fairly limited in the second half of the year. Duryea and Hartung were great tonight, although Billy was on after the game was broken.

Hopefully we can get off to a better start than the last couple of weeks.

henry

I think Hill's run is hugely important to us. He and Smith are the keys in that aspect, complementing the grunt of mitch, hodge and lewis.

Opposition teams have looked to tag Smith this year, and if he gets shut down and we don't have Hill playing we could be in a bit of strife. I think Hill has to play if fit.

JBs-Hawks

Will be saturday night right?  If so will be heading over!

Mr.Craig

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 29, 2014, 11:16:28 PM
Will be saturday night right?  If so will be heading over!

Already been to Melb twice this year. The piggy bank is looking a bit bare.  :(

Not sure about Saturday night. I don't have much luck predicting what the AFL will do.

Mr.Craig

Should also say good luck to the Box Hill boys who are playing a qualifying final tomorrow.

Scrads

Be prepared to change the thread title if Richmond do the unthinkable and get over Sydney tomorrow! ;)

I will discuss in more detail when more things are confirmed.

Mr.Craig

I think Richmond would have to get up by 10+ goals for us to be a chance of that, as nice as it would be.

kilbluff1985

sportsbet already have hawks vs cats friday night and dons vs north on sunday

Mailman the 2nd

Richmond have to win by 44 I think for that to happen

Nails

Guntung is the best player on Hawhtorn's list. His first game he was subbed on after QT and still hit the DT ton.

Torp

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 30, 2014, 02:27:49 AM
Sydney might not be as intense being so close to finals and see this game as a warm up? Who would Sydney rather play though, Port/Freo or Geelong? I'm not sure TBH.

Nige

Quote from: Torp on August 30, 2014, 09:18:13 AM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on August 30, 2014, 02:27:49 AM
Sydney might not be as intense being so close to finals and see this game as a warm up? Who would Sydney rather play though, Port/Freo or Geelong? I'm not sure TBH.
I reckon Sydney will let us win and then just smash us in the Grand Final.  :P

Mr.Craig

Well done to Box Hill, coming from behind to beat Port Melbourne today. McEvoy and Grimley kicked 4 each with Woodward, Hallahan, Cheney and Kelly all named in the best.

Nige

Torp

Great work Alex! He definitely had a stellar season.