PA's Captains - Round 23 = GrandFinal week

Started by pommyadam, August 28, 2014, 11:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisso1

I'm 8th overall and 239 points behind leader. If you were in my position would you go for a unique captain? So hard to not pick Rocky, but it might be the only way.

LF

If I could throw another one your way please pommy
Paul Chapman
thankyou

pommyadam

Quote from: luvfooty on August 29, 2014, 03:11:59 PM
Paul Chapman
thankyou

hopefully as a fwd target right?
quick summary: the only forward to have broken 120 vs Carlton this season, in good form, and does well at the MCG, but prone to some sub-70s, TON predicted, but not much more

@Chrisso - 239 points is a lot to make up, but how safe are you in the top 10? I also made a smaller Rocky prediction when he played Adelaide (and that turned out real well) because of how tight they are... everyone's putting it on Rocky though, but I don't think he'll be too big down in sunny Geelong (no rain predicted this weekend)

LF

Quote from: pommyadam on August 29, 2014, 05:55:09 PM
Quote from: luvfooty on August 29, 2014, 03:11:59 PM
Paul Chapman
thankyou

hopefully as a fwd target right?
quick summary: the only forward to have broken 120 vs Carlton this season, in good form, and does well at the MCG, but prone to some sub-70s, TON predicted, but not much more

Partly yes partly wanted to check out his history v Blues as another possible captain choice for my other team and wanted to see if he would be worth bringing in for AF

No Punt Intended

Barlow's back. Could you post his numbers thanks? Do you source these stats already calculated from somewhere or actually do it yourself?

pommyadam

Quote from: No Punt Intended on August 29, 2014, 06:04:14 PM
Barlow's back. Could you post his numbers thanks? Do you source these stats already calculated from somewhere or actually do it yourself?

Barlow - good numbers, but is he 100% (or are they risking him for the potential double chance?) - may impact his scores, but still a solid 110

As for these numbers, the form/team/ground are sourced right here from FanFooty's player profiles (all figures, I just take the last 3 and average them)
But I take the opposition-stats from my personal research (looking at the best mid from each game and collating it, you can do that yourself, but effort - Yes, I do like my numbers)

BGK

No Punt Intended

They probably are rushing him back sooner than if it was round 10 but its also just a hand injury so i wouldn't think it'll affect his run & ball getting as opposed to a back or lower body injury...

& congrats & thanks on the work you've put in over the year to give this info to the people. This is the first time i've posted but i check your post every week & it's a great source of information. You present it easy to read, give relevant stats & facts based opinions in your predictions. All credit to you mate, great work :)

pommyadam

Quote from: BGK on August 29, 2014, 06:16:07 PM
Any thoughts on Macrae and Stokes? Thanks

Macrae looks solid, but WB might do something weird and give him the vest :P - In good form, and does well vs GWS, a solid C option here at 110
Stokes is in poor form, but does well vs Lions, and inconsistent at home, not sure he's up for the ton, with a prediction of 95

The fact that it is only a hand injury (or thumb) nerfs Barlow slightly, but still good for a decent score given that he'll be around the contest quite a bit (given Fyfe's absence)

and thank you for the kind words NoPunt, I have accepted that everyone's sticking their C on Rocky these days
so I understand that this can double up as the "which mid to bring in?", especially given the amount of carnage lately

kilbluff1985

Lol Kade Simpson still had the VC from when the Blues played Thursday night weeks ago

pommyadam

Alka

Thank you so much Pommy. Not only did I trade in Lewis, but had him as my VC over Rocky. Great call mate, you just won me a Grand Final!

Ricochet

Quote from: Alka on August 31, 2014, 04:50:24 PM
Thank you so much Pommy. Not only did I trade in Lewis, but had him as my VC over Rocky. Great call mate, you just won me a Grand Final!
haha same. Traded him in, put the VC on him, won a GF.
Thanks PA

pommyadam

that's what I'm here for :)

Thank you for your support over the year, and roll on 2015! :P