Main Menu

EXV: Grand Final

Started by Hellopplz, August 25, 2014, 02:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Now comes the final week of the season where we will certainly be crowning a new Premier. First Grand Final that doesn't feature Sweden either.

Serbia have been strong throughout the season, finishing clearly on top of the ladder after the regular season, then cruising through their Finals matches against Macedonia and Belgium. Even on an off week with players missing, they can still put up a monster score with their top tier of players. Serbia will likely be missing Boomer and Barlow while others may be on the verge of resting so they could be coming in a bit under-strength. In both their final appearances they have still scored over 150 while keeping their opponents under 130, so have had a strong series.

Their opponents are the Iceland Polar Bears who've had a fine Finals series. Taking out England, Macedonia and then Spain, they sent the competition a signal that they are the right choice to take on Serbia this season. Not be to outdone by Serbia, scores of 159, 148 and 148 in their three finals matches show they have the firepower to try to match Serbia if they are caught napping in the Grand Final.

With Serbia entering this season as the strong favourites, they have faltered along the way occasionally. Can they hold strong in the biggest match of the year? Will Iceland pull off the huge upset with their team of underdogs? And will the coaches finally be happy they can start trading after this match?

Spinking

Sorry HP. Got my money on Serbia to win by a half head.

Should be a cracker though!

Congrats to both coaches for fine seasons!

Justin Bieber

All good Spinks, doubt anybody will actually pick Iceland to win even if they wanted us to ;). But we are more than happy to prove everybody wrong :D.

LaHug

Do we have some kind of Brownlow equivalent to do before the Granny?

Also, I had to tip Serbia too :( sorry

Justin Bieber

Polar Bears gonna snatch the Eagles from the sky and devour them this weekend >:D.

Iceland Polar Bears Grand Final Team

Backs: J. McVeigh, A. Mackie, J. Harbrow, J. Watts
Mids: J. Lewis (C), M. Duncan (VC), C. Judd, D. Tyson
Ruck: S. Mumford
Fwds: R. Gray, J. Westhoff, C. Wingard, C. Mayne
Bench: F. Ray, H. Bennell

Emg: A. Rance, S. Selwood, Z. Merrett

OUT: J. Frawley
IN: J. Watts

Frawley has been great all year but his recent moves down back has hurt his scoring :(. Watts gets his chance to shine on the big stage now! New looking emergencies as well :P. Lewis keeps his captaincy as been great in the role this season. Just edges out Gray and Duncan who've been less inconsistent with their scores.

Holz

Backs: M.Hibberd, K.Simpson, N.Malceski, H.Shaw
Mids: S.Pendlebury (C), M.Barlow, M.Boyd, B.Deledio
Ruck: A.Sandilands
Fwds: D.Martin, M.Lecras, D.Petrie, J.J.Kennedy
Utility: B.Gibbs (VC), B.Goddard

Emg: R.Douglas, S.Fisher, A Schneider

putting my faith in heath shaw and simmo after letting me down last week. Barlow is rushed back into the grandfinal side pushing out douglas just hope he is ready. Goldy out is a loss but with Sandi and Clarke not too big. Would have loved Boomer in that forward line but hopefully Dmart isnt a late out and I should be ok.

Almost gave the captaincy to Gibbs but at this stage im putting the faith in the people who got me here, so Pendles it is.

Justin Bieber

Lewis getting Iceland off to a flier :D :D :D.

LaHug

Quote from: Hellopplz on August 29, 2014, 09:44:45 PM
Lewis getting Iceland off to a flier :D :D :D.

And Pendles killing Serbia.

Justin Bieber

I LOVE YOU LEWIS <3 <3 <3. 145 as Captain :D.

His finals series has been phenomenal! 144, 156, 108 and 145 ALL as captain, Finals MVP right there.

Justin Bieber

Our forwards combining for around 400 points between them :D. Can't complain at all there.

elephants

Iceland looking good! #lovesanunderdog

Justin Bieber

Serbian Eagles

Backs: M.Hibberd 73, K.Simpson 100, N.Malceski 112, H.Shaw
Mids: S.Pendlebury (C) (89*2 = 178), M.Barlow 87, M.Boyd, B.Deledio 123
Ruck: A.Sandilands 75
Fwds: D.Martin 84, M.Lecras, D.Petrie, J.J.Kennedy
Utility: B.Gibbs (VC) 87, B.Goddard 79

Emg: R.Douglas, S.Fisher, A Schneider

998/10

VS

Iceland Polar Bears

Backs: J. McVeigh 86, A. Mackie, J. Harbrow, J. Watts
Mids: J. Lewis (C) (149*2 = 298), M. Duncan (VC), C. Judd 85, D. Tyson
Ruck: S. Mumford
Fwds: R. Gray 113, J. Westhoff 110, C. Wingard 106, C. Mayne 79
Bench: F. Ray, H. Bennell

Emg: A. Rance, S. Selwood, Z. Merrett 79

877/7

3 games down and nearly half of both teams have played and we have the commanding lead over Serbia :D. Huge performance by Lewis + our Forwards while Serbian players faultering at the final hurdle, Holz will have to give his guys a spray if he wants them to come back and get the grand final they were favourites for!

EDIT: 4 games down and Serbia just under 100 p.p while Iceland look to have a commanding lead however the quality of players left there is quite a margin. The Iceland backs/mids will have to play beyond average performances in order to keep up this lead.

Holz

Petrie going ok , Mackie watts with a stinker but Tyson Duncan  balancing it out, will be close.

Justin Bieber

Hoping Watts can match Petrie and Tyson/Dunks to get over the ton by a bit to make up for Mackie :(. At least after tonight will get a good idea what is expected from tomorrow's players ;).

Holz

Watts is going good half cheering him on as have him in worlds and half booing him.

He scored was like yaaaayyyy ohhhhhhh