Started by Jroo, August 18, 2014, 07:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: brad on September 23, 2014, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 23, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
Melbourne's bid for a priority pick has been denied
rightfully so imo

wrongfully so imo

how bad does a team need to get and for how long?

Punishing people who aren't even at the club anymore

The Demons aren't that far from collapsing imo

GoLions

Quote from: ossie85 on September 23, 2014, 05:29:55 PM
rightfully so imo

wrongfully so imo

Os, do you think they went downhill this year? If this had of been proposed 1-2 years ago, I would've been for it 100%
I just feel like they improved a fair bit this year and, ignoring all previous years, would right now be ahead of the Saints, which meant I couldn't really see them getting a priority pick

Vinny

They didn't need one but if they got one it wouldn't be wrong either.

Going in the right direction, slowly, but it was always going to take time.

SydneyRox

upthemaidens

Melbourne should move to Tasmania and be called the 'Tasmanian Demons'  Play home games in both Hobart and Launceston.
  They could still play 9-10 games a year in Melbourne.

There's no point giving them priority picks, because they will just stuff'em up like all the other high draft picks they have had in the past.

ossie85

Quote from: GoLions on September 23, 2014, 05:32:28 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 23, 2014, 05:29:55 PM
rightfully so imo

wrongfully so imo

Os, do you think they went downhill this year? If this had of been proposed 1-2 years ago, I would've been for it 100%
I just feel like they improved a fair bit this year and, ignoring all previous years, would right now be ahead of the Saints, which meant I couldn't really see them getting a priority pick

Yes they improved, but so did the Greek economy

Purple 77

Will have to consult you all the time now maidens about how we are going to use our future draft picks.

Think it's time the AFL took down the carrot of a priority pick, no one is going to get. Didn't really support our request for it this year, but for us to be denied of it last year just proves no one is going to get it.

We didn't even get the spoon this year, so it's not all bad.

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 23, 2014, 06:00:50 PM
Will have to consult you all the time now maidens about how we are going to use our future draft picks.

Think it's time the AFL took down the carrot of a priority pick, no one is going to get. Didn't really support our request for it this year, but for us to be denied of it last year just proves no one is going to get it.

only team in the comp not to beat a bottom 4 side

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on September 23, 2014, 06:02:51 PM

... please don't question my coping mechanism  :P

Toga

I liked the mini-draft concessions system that GWS were given. Think giving Melbourne some mini-draft players that must be traded would be a better idea than a priority pick to get them back on track.

upthemaidens

It wouldn't hurt  ;)

..Giving extra picks to Melbourne is like giving a sandwich to someone who is starving, only for them to stick it their ear instead of eating it.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: ossie85 on September 23, 2014, 06:02:51 PM

that only means they beat opponents much better than them. 2 of our wins were against bottom 4 teams

Melbourne have improved a lot. they already have a few young guys with showerloads of potential. they will have picks 2 and 3 in the upcoming draft. just be patient. Melbourne got a few things wrong that have put them in this position, but I think that's out of their system now and we will start seeing them improve in the coming years

Big Mac

YES! I forgot we were losing one of the best KPDs in the league in return for pick 3 - now we will easily turn this club around  :D :D :D Thanks for helping me see the light

Big Mac

Also, this contrived concept that we have 'improved' doesn't mean shower when all the other bottom teams improved as well. We still finished 17th

Bill Manspeaker

alright, so with all this asking of handouts, who do the Saints and Bulldogs talk to about getting a couple more premierships added to their tally?