Main Menu

Round 22 Discussion

Started by Mr.Craig, August 18, 2014, 12:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Another tall order to come off a 5 day break and face our nemesis. Despite their record, Geelong have looked very vulnerable at times this year so hopefully we can put up a good showing. Roughy will obviously be back but then we have Spangher and Sewell who could be potential inclusions. Grimley towelled up Bendigo for six goals on the weekend and I'd love to see him get a go but that's highly unlikely. Hallahan and Hartung were also both solid in the VFL.

Mr.Craig

Nige

Mr.Craig

Bill Manspeaker

wonder when the AFL "experts" will admit they were wrong saying the McEvoy trade was in Hawthorn's favour

Mr.Craig

Quote from: brad on August 22, 2014, 12:33:21 AM
wonder when the AFL "experts" will admit they were wrong saying the McEvoy trade was in Hawthorn's favour

From what I remember the consensus at the time was that it was a win-win. Would I prefer to have Cegs rucking along with Dunstan and Savage on the list? At the moment yes, but I'm not going to throw Ben under the bus just yet.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mr.Craig on August 22, 2014, 02:00:26 AM
Quote from: brad on August 22, 2014, 12:33:21 AM

From what I remember the consensus at the time was that it was a win-win. Would I prefer to have Cegs rucking along with Dunstan and Savage on the list? At the moment yes, but I'm not going to throw Ben under the bus just yet.

any time they talk about it during a Saints game, it's always "geez St Kilda's decision to trade McEvoy is really coming back to bite them" or words to that effect and it just sickens me

I love Macca and agree it was a win-win, but I think it's at least a 60-40 Saints way

Savage, Dunstan and Acres vs McEvoy and Hartung

plus we picked up Longer as insurance and he has a lot of talent, but I guess that's a separate trade

it's just one thing that really annoys me

kilbluff1985

has Langford been tagging lately? think i noticed he been playing forward a bit

just deciding who to make VC Sloane or Jelwood

Ricochet

McEvoy dropped :o that's not good news for him leading into finals

Mr.Craig

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 22, 2014, 09:13:34 AM
has Langford been tagging lately? think i noticed he been playing forward a bit

just deciding who to make VC Sloane or Jelwood

Langford tagged Selwood in Round 5 and kept him to 20 touches and 58 DT. I'd imagine he'll go to him again.

Mr.Craig

Good to know that 2 decent quarters is enough to beat Geelong. Would still like to see some more out of a few guys though.

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on August 23, 2014, 10:34:36 PM
Good to know that 2 decent quarters is enough to beat Geelong. Would still like to see some more out of a few guys though.
i think it was only the 2nd quarter that the hawks didnt play their best. Same against the Swans the other week as well

JBs-Hawks

Those two quarters were a bit better then 'decent' :P

Rusty00

Limited output from Rough, Gunston, Breust and still kicking 11 goals in the second half was a good sign.

Mr.Craig

It was a bit of the old rope-a-dope last night. Geelong ran so hard in the first two quarters but didn't seem to have the legs after that. A few other things obviously played their part but if we can get Hill, Smith and Breust fully involved it will go a long way to beating them in the final.