Main Menu

Jonathon Patton ACL

Started by Vinny, August 17, 2014, 09:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-17/gws-forward-patton-needs-knee-surgery/5677030

GWS forward Jonathon Patton tears ACL, needs another knee reconstruction.

Greater Western Sydney gun forward Jonathon Patton has suffered a second serious knee injury in as many AFL seasons.

Those scans revealed the worst-case scenario for Patton - that he requires a second knee reconstruction in the space of 17 months.

Confirmed.

Terrible news for the guy.  :(

Nige

Oh flower, poor guy.  :(

Dude was having a pretty decent year and boosted his value a bit.

It's just been shot again though.  :-\

Mat0369

He also came into the league with a knee issue, they sent him over to Germany in his first season. I am not sure if it was the same knee but it is not a good sign regardless. Hopefully his rehab goes well and he can overcome this hurdle.

Bill Manspeaker

flowerin terrible news :( good luck to him

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 17, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
He also came into the league with a knee issue, they sent him over to Germany in his first season. I am not sure if it was the same knee but it is not a good sign regardless. Hopefully his rehab goes well and he can overcome this hurdle.
If I remember correctly, I think it is the same one (from what I remembering hearing during the coverage on 7).

Capper

shower, that sucks. Hopefully he has a full recovery

Torp

Gotta feel sorry for him, it isn't looking good.

TomK

Absolutely terrible news  :( Wish him all the best

Master Q

Big Mac

Probably also means that all the rumours about GWS trading a key forward can be put to rest now

Jroo

Ringo

Poor kid can not take a trick All the best General and hope you come back stronger,

Mailman the 2nd

Not only does it set him back a whole year, but it cuts out a lot of financial gains he could've earned

Jroo

Great news for GWS,
@GWS_Giants: Breaking News: @GWS_Giants has committed to Jon Patton till the end of 2017. An official announcement tomorrow #StandTall

Capper

Great news for Patton and the club