EPL 2014/15 Discussion and Banter Thread

Started by Tominator, August 17, 2014, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Tipped the draw for United! But boy oh boy they just look devoid of any conviction or any confidence at all. They need a complete overhaul of midfield and defence... Di Maria is a great signing but a world-class CB and CM are needed NOW. Mehdi Benatia is an absolute necessity and I thought the deal was all but done, gone quiet now. Khedira is on the market, not sure why he hasn't been linked (much)... They should forget Vidal cos that deal looks dead in the water.

Forget 7th - they'll be lucky to make the Top 8 if they keep this up and don't make CB/CM signings.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Tominator on August 25, 2014, 10:19:36 AM
Tipped the draw for United! But boy oh boy they just look devoid of any conviction or any confidence at all. They need a complete overhaul of midfield and defence... Di Maria is a great signing but a world-class CB and CM are needed NOW. Mehdi Benatia is an absolute necessity and I thought the deal was all but done, gone quiet now. Khedira is on the market, not sure why he hasn't been linked (much)... They should forget Vidal cos that deal looks dead in the water.

Forget 7th - they'll be lucky to make the Top 8 if they keep this up and don't make CB/CM signings.

if transfers were that easy to get over the line they would do it. United have to give consideration to the fact that TOP draw talent is not easily available, and agents in their wisdom will make a song and dance about Utd not have CL football to offer..and make ridiculous wage demands. The worst thing United can do right now is lurch from one mistake to another. I am not a United fan at all, but the team isn't half as bad as everyone thinks.

Tominator

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 25, 2014, 05:12:36 PM
Quote from: Tominator on August 25, 2014, 10:19:36 AM

if transfers were that easy to get over the line they would do it. United have to give consideration to the fact that TOP draw talent is not easily available, and agents in their wisdom will make a song and dance about Utd not have CL football to offer..and make ridiculous wage demands. The worst thing United can do right now is lurch from one mistake to another. I am not a United fan at all, but the team isn't half as bad as everyone thinks.

I don't support MU either but as a football fan in general I don't wanna see them languishing like this for too long. A new CB is probably more important than a new CM right now but both are necessities. Not sure about LVG's 3-5-2 yet but a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 could work wonders for them.

With a 4-2-3-1, RVP could play striker with Rooney as the winger, but roam the final third a la CR7, with the LB (Rojo or Shaw) bombarding forward. Mata in the No. 10 role behind the striker and Di Maria (if the signing goes through) on the other wing.

De Gea
Rafael - Evans/Jones/New CB - Rojo - Shaw
Herrera - Carrick/Fletcher/New CM
Di Maria - Mata - Rooney
RVP

Now that's not that bad a team on paper is it?

T Dog

Keeper27

Well I'm a little disappointed about the game.
Played well in the first half but got outplayed in the second half.

#1 Johnson is a f'n Muppet. Useless. Defensive liability.
#2 Manquillo better start next game.
#3 Moreno is a gun. Hard working. Love it.
#4 SAS looked flat today.

We will bounce back from this.

Jackross10

Quote from: Keeper27 on August 26, 2014, 07:49:45 AM
Well I'm a little disappointed about the game.
Played well in the first half but got outplayed in the second half.

#1 Johnson is a f'n Muppet. Useless. Defensive liability.
#2 Manquillo better start next game.
#3 Moreno is a gun. Hard working. Love it.
#4 SAS looked flat today.

We will bounce back from this.

Very true. Johnson is a hack. I agree Moreno looked awesome. Just slow to clear that ball which lead to Jovetic goal. But other than that, nothing too bad. Can't wait for Balo to play. Will he play vs Spurs?

Tominator

so United lost in a 2nd-Round Capital One Cup game to MK Dons this morning... 4-0...

It's getting sad now........

elephants

BREAKING: Angel Di Maria has handed in a transfer request upon seeing the League Cup result.

Keeper27

Quote from: Tominator on August 27, 2014, 01:04:29 PMIt's getting sad now........

I'll be the first to say i dislike United very very much and i love bagging out United fans as they've done so to me for years but i actually feel bad for their supporters. but then i realize that they'd be rubbing it in so frack em.

Quote from: elephants on August 27, 2014, 01:06:03 PM
BREAKING: Angel Di Maria has handed in a transfer request upon seeing the League Cup result.

LOL  ;D

Nige

When I found out MK Dons won, I could not stop laughing.

Nige

Tominator

T Dog

elephants

Quote from: T Dog on August 29, 2014, 03:08:08 PM
Van Gaal under pressure yet?  :-\

I'd argue unless your name is SAF, you're always gonna be under pressure as Man United manager.

He'll be given time though, longer than Moyes you'd think.

Jackross10

Why don't we predict scores on here? I'll kick us off.

United 3-0 Burnley
City 2-0 Stoke
Newcastle 1-0 Crystal Palace
QPR 2-0 Sunderland
Swansea 2-1 West Brom
WestHam 0-2 Southampton
Everton 1-2 Chelsea
Aston Villa 0-1 Hull City
Spurs 2-3 Liverpool
Leicester 0-2 Arsenal