Should I Finally Trade/Cull This Cash Cow?

Started by Nails, August 11, 2014, 02:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Unlike many people I started the season with this bloke. I know a lot traded him in but I actually started the season with him.

Now my experience is if your cash cow makes 150K or so that's pretty good and a good time to trade him. Now with this fella after waiting all season long has finally hit 148K profit for the season.

Is it too late/pointless to downgrade a cash cow at this time of season or what should I do? He has made a good amount of money but I'm not sure if he's good enough to maintain a spot in my side.

Could you guys please help?

What should I do with Tom Rockliff?

colmullet

with 180 in his average i reckon his b/e will be quite low, i reckon he still has a bit more to make before it would be wise to downgrade him

GoLions

kilbluff1985

Nige

pommyadam

he has a pretty difficult draw home, so I'd look at trading personally

but then Adelaide were meant to be difficult and he did pretty well on them, so what do I know

Ricochet

nrich102

Nails

Thanks guys

He's gone up another 40K since this trade. At 190K profit for the season and a BE of 127 next week I think it's finally time to trade him out.

RiOtChEsS

pommyadam

Quote from: Nails on August 24, 2014, 11:45:25 PM
Thanks guys

He's gone up another 40K since this trade. At 190K profit for the season and a BE of 127 next week I think it's finally time to trade him out.

but his BE is below his average, I'd keep personally
I guess you could cull, and then premo another option, depends on your cash situation
BUT he is doing pretty well though, so maybe you could just stuff him at M9 as reliable cover ;)

RiOtChEsS

nomination for thread of the year surely :D

Sydney_Rox

if you dont cash in the money you will never be able to afford the most expensive and best players...

Nails

Quote from: pommyadam on August 25, 2014, 04:09:19 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 24, 2014, 11:45:25 PM
Thanks guys

but his BE is below his average, I'd keep personally
I guess you could cull, and then premo another option, depends on your cash situation
BUT he is doing pretty well though, so maybe you could just stuff him at M9 as reliable cover ;)

WTF MAN WTF POMMY ADAM? flowerING SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU CAN NEVER TRUST THE POMS!

I had decided it was best to cull him and use the money to bring premos in. I was 100% convinced this was the way to go but you single-handedly convinced me otherwise with your BE lower than average bullsh1t. flower you man, seriously wtf why give me such bad advice? dog act.

timmyparso

You got greedy Nails and held for 1 week too long  :'(