Finals Week 2 Draw and Lodgement

Started by Ringo, August 11, 2014, 01:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

JBs-Hawks

Funny that if you didnt beat me in the last round of the year id be playing a prelim next week as my 142 woulda beat the Hoods. But Beams is gone anyway so woulda lost next week.

Nige

My scores of late have been kinda ordinary.

Got super lucky this week.

Should be able to beat the Breakers though.

Justin Bieber

Never in doubt! Biggest game of season! Shame it's not the grand final!!

Ringo

These results reinforce my firm belief that when best xv's are available any team can beat any team even the Giants and Steins can do that.

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on August 18, 2014, 10:43:09 AM

Dream on mate hahahaha.

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on August 18, 2014, 07:53:58 PM

Dream on mate hahahaha.

Fresh reminder for ya Nate.  ;)

Quote from: Ringo on December 16, 2013, 09:27:55 AM
Round 3 results
Liverpool Rams 25.20.170 defeated Swansea Breakers 22.20.152

Oh, and the Breakers finished 16th whereas the Rams finished 13th.  8)

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on August 18, 2014, 08:20:43 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on August 18, 2014, 07:53:58 PM

Dream on mate hahahaha.

Fresh reminder for ya Nate.  ;)

Quote from: Ringo on December 16, 2013, 09:27:55 AM
Round 3 results
Liverpool Rams 25.20.170 defeated Swansea Breakers 22.20.152

Oh, and the Breakers finished 16th whereas the Rams finished 13th.  8)
Hence the 'hahahaha'. Should be a good game though ;)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on August 18, 2014, 03:06:00 PM
These results reinforce my firm belief that when best xv's are available any team can beat any team even the Giants and Steins can do that.

Not quite. It would have to be a really good day for us to win.

The promising thing is though we have improved as the season has gone on. More players playing than the bare 15 and a lot of guys have started to show improvement or been good finds - B Martin, R Stanley, Cunningham, Gordon, Josh Kelly, Jenkins, Spangher, Hunter have all improved from last season or shown good signs this season.

A good off- season and another gun midfielder (either in the draft with #1 pick or by trading and we should be much more competitive next season.

Ringo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 19, 2014, 12:09:29 AM

The promising thing is though we have improved as the season has gone on. More players playing than the bare 15 and a lot of guys have started to show improvement or been good finds - B Martin, R Stanley, Cunningham, Gordon, Josh Kelly, Jenkins, Spangher, Hunter have all improved from last season or shown good signs this season.

A good off- season and another gun midfielder (either in the draft with #1 pick or by trading and we should be much more competitive next season.
I think you are underselling your lists a little bit while not overly strong it is capable of beating teams from 10 - 17 at the current time imo. 

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on August 19, 2014, 07:21:20 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 19, 2014, 12:09:29 AM

I think you are underselling your lists a little bit while not overly strong it is capable of beating teams from 10 - 17 at the current time imo.
Purposely underselling it because he wants picks.  ;)