Main Menu

Titch is here to stay

Started by stew42, August 04, 2014, 04:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

They're just trying to butter up to Barry Mitchell trying to get him to convince him that Carlton was his true club (even though he only played 38 games there opposed to the 170 for Sydney).

He's still contracted, so Robinson isn't going to do anything to help their cause trying to trade hm over.

Capper

kilbluff1985

_wato

Would you guys really care if he did leave? Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills and Josh Dunkley all to be drafted in the next two years and are jets - you already have a great midfield and a great group of kids (Lloyd, Cunningham) etc

I would be happy if he left Sydney if I were you, could get good compensation, and the only thing Sydney are lacking is a good KPD to take over when Teddy and co retire in the next few years (or am I wrong?)

SydneyRox

I am getting more and more used to the idea.

I like it better because we should be able to Buttf*ck the Blues into overpaying.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: _wato on September 19, 2014, 04:20:34 PM
Would you guys really care if he did leave? Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills and Josh Dunkley all to be drafted in the next two years and are jets - you already have a great midfield and a great group of kids (Lloyd, Cunningham) etc

I would be happy if he left Sydney if I were you, could get good compensation, and the only thing Sydney are lacking is a good KPD to take over when Teddy and co retire in the next few years (or am I wrong?)

Yeah you're right, with LRT, Everitt, Mattner all gone for good and Johnson needing another reco we need to look for a couple key defenders.

Have a few in development already (Allir, Teddy's brother, Lockyear etc.) but I don't think they'll be all the way up for it when Grundy and Ted start to give

Nige

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 19, 2014, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: _wato on September 19, 2014, 04:20:34 PM

Yeah you're right, with LRT, Everitt, Mattner all gone for good and Johnson needing another reco we need to look for a couple key defenders.

Have a few in development already (Allir, Teddy's brother, Lockyear etc.) but I don't think they'll be all the way up for it when Grundy and Ted start to give
Do Sydney care if they have no defenders though? They've got Buddy and Tippett along with heaps of other boys capable of kicking goals (the rest of their forwards and midfielders). Clearly the plan is to just outscore the opposition every game.

_wato

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 19, 2014, 05:08:23 PM

And you also have to weigh into the fact that Malceski is also not happy with the supposed two year offer he's been given when he's asking for three and could also be on the way out - all it takes is a few more key injuries to blokes like Ted/Grundy/Smith and Sydney won't be looking too flash down in the defensive department.. You could develop Sam Reid into becoming a good CHB, reads the play well and has a great set of hands? However, next year you lose Goodes so you ultimately may want him down in the forwardline. Whichever way you look at it you need some more KPD's and don't need to be looking for more midfielders.

Hence, getting rid of Mitchell may be a good decision and would enhance the players knowledge that nobody's spot is safe in the team, regardless of how well you play.

_wato

Quote from: Nige on September 19, 2014, 05:22:45 PM
Do Sydney care if they have no defenders though? They've got Buddy and Tippett along with heaps of other boys capable of kicking goals (the rest of their forwards and midfielders). Clearly the plan is to just outscore the opposition every game.

You must be joking right? You cannot win a premiership with no defence, and I will stand by that comment.

Look at how good Hawthorn and Geelong have been in the past few years - premierships are built on good team defence.

How do you think Sydney beat Hawthorn in the 2012 grand final? They didn't have the best forward line back then.

Goodes, LRT, Reid, Bird, O'Keefe and Mcveigh back then vs Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Gunston, Breust and Smith.

No brainer who would win that, but the team witch was much less potent won the game.

Capper

With Heeney, Mills and Dunkley to come in, who goes out?? we cant have a stockpile of mids in the 2 and no other players.

Lloyd and Cunners have found their way into the 1s this year but the likes of Hewitt, Biggs, Perris, Robo, Titch, Towers and Bjack are all waiting to crack into the 1s full time.

IMO if Titch was fit, Lloyd would not have played as much in the 1s, but Lloyd has gone from strength to strength this year and killed it

Trade week will be very interesting this year. Pebbles is gone, so that is 1 of 4 manditory changes to the team. LRT retiring makes 2. Does Goodes play on? Is Tommy Walsh going home?? Matty Dick didnt play the GF in the NEAFL, does that mean he is on the outer? Does Eski stay? Do the Swans see what teams are willing to get for him? Same with Titch, Reid and Membrey

Capper

Quote from: _wato on September 19, 2014, 05:28:57 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 19, 2014, 05:22:45 PM

You must be joking right? You cannot win a premiership with no defence, and I will stand by that comment.

Look at how good Hawthorn and Geelong have been in the past few years - premierships are built on good team defence.

How do you think Sydney beat Hawthorn in the 2012 grand final? They didn't have the best forward line back then.

Goodes, LRT, Reid, Bird, O'Keefe and Mcveigh back then vs Franklin, Roughead, Rioli, Gunston, Breust and Smith.

No brainer who would win that, but the team witch was much less potent won the game.
We are currently developing some guys like Aliir (who impressed me when he was swapping between taking Buddy and Tippett at the intra club games at the start of the year), X, Lockyer, Zones (off HB), Dick (didnt play NEAFL GF so worried for him) and laidler who is there purely for cover

Mailman the 2nd

I think Goodes and Malceksi aren't the hardest blokes to cover for us, as Tim Membrey and Shane Biggs/Gary Rohan have got some seniors experience already and could slot into the side decently early. Reid has been doing ok as a floating half back, Laidler isn't bad and Rampe can play a bit above his height, but a replacement Tall back would definitely be useful.

Someone like younger version Spangher for Hawthorn is the type of guy we need to look for. Someone a bit of utility who can hold their own back if we need him in the side.

I still want Mitchell to stay, he's a jet in congestion and he got unlucky with injuries while the rest of the side got really lucky this year.

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 19, 2014, 05:35:43 PM
I think Goodes and Malceksi aren't the hardest blokes to cover for us, as Tim Membrey and Shane Biggs/Gary Rohan have got some seniors experience already and could slot into the side decently early. Reid has been doing ok as a floating half back, Laidler isn't bad and Rampe can play a bit above his height, but a replacement Tall back would definitely be useful.

Someone like younger version Spangher for Hawthorn is the type of guy we need to look for. Someone a bit of utility who can hold their own back if we need him in the side.

I still want Mitchell to stay, he's a jet in congestion and he got unlucky with injuries while the rest of the side got really lucky this year.
X is taller than his bro, and can be used as a rebounding back as well.

How long has Robo been on the rookie list for?? They surely wopnt get rid of him as they signed him as a 14yo

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tabs on September 19, 2014, 05:29:59 PM
With Heeney, Mills and Dunkley to come in, who goes out?? we cant have a stockpile of mids in the 2 and no other players.

Lloyd and Cunners have found their way into the 1s this year but the likes of Hewitt, Biggs, Perris, Robo, Titch, Towers and Bjack are all waiting to crack into the 1s full time.

IMO if Titch was fit, Lloyd would not have played as much in the 1s, but Lloyd has gone from strength to strength this year and killed it

Trade week will be very interesting this year. Pebbles is gone, so that is 1 of 4 manditory changes to the team. LRT retiring makes 2. Does Goodes play on? Is Tommy Walsh going home?? Matty Dick didnt play the GF in the NEAFL, does that mean he is on the outer? Does Eski stay? Do the Swans see what teams are willing to get for him? Same with Titch, Reid and Membrey

LRT and ROK gone are the first two.

Tommy Walsh won't be resigned, he'll probably head back home. At a guess, one or two of George Hewett, Harrison Marsh, Matthew Dick and Jordan Lockyear will be delisted as well.

Changes to the rookie list gets interesting, as Lloyd will almost definitely be upgraded. Not sure if any get delisted? Richards obviously signed a 2 years deal, Perris is in his first year, Robinson/Biggs were really good and Naismith is kind of needed as an emergency backup.

Not sure what the deal with Pat Mitchell's contract is, maybe he might be let go

Goodes and Malceski the real unknowns