Four clubs in the hunt for Higgins

Started by Ricochet, July 30, 2014, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-29/four-clubs-circle-higgins

SHAUN Higgins has become one of the most sought-after players in 2014's dwindling free agency pool, with at least four clubs circling the classy Western Bulldog.

AFL.com.au understands North Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond and Greater Western Sydney have expressed their interest in Higgins, who has put off contract talks with the Western Bulldogs until the end of this season.

It is understood the main sticking point in the Dogs' negotiations with Higgins earlier this year was the length of their proposed new offer rather than remuneration.

The Bulldogs are believed to have offered Higgins a two-year deal but the 26-year-deal is after a new three-year contract.

Higgins is on between $350,000-$400,000 a season under his existing deal with the Bulldogs but the level of interest in him could push his price up.

Jroo

You know the free agency pool isn't great when Shaun Higgins is "one of the most sought-after players".  :P
I'd like to see him at Richmond, because he's got talent, but we don't really need him at HB. Carlton will probably get him.

Nige

Not against getting him but I wouldn't want him to turn into another Chris Knights where he has talent but also injury history that could strike.

AaronKirk

Rumour on the ground is that Higgins has told the Western Bulldogs that he is leaving at the end of the year and thus the reason he is not getting a game in the seniors at the moment. Watch this space.

kilbluff1985

I was suspecting as much really

Annoying he is on my SC bench

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on July 30, 2014, 10:44:51 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-29/four-clubs-circle-higgins

SHAUN Higgins has become one of the most sought-after players in 2014's dwindling free agency pool, with at least four clubs circling the classy Western Bulldog.

AFL.com.au understands North Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond and Greater Western Sydney have expressed their interest in Higgins, who has put off contract talks with the Western Bulldogs until the end of this season.

Toga

Quote from: AaronKirk on July 30, 2014, 09:55:14 PM
Rumour on the ground is that Higgins has told the Western Bulldogs that he is leaving at the end of the year and thus the reason he is not getting a game in the seniors at the moment. Watch this space.

Yeah I assumed as much... Seemed to be in reasonably good form before being dropped and sounds like his VFL form has been solid as well so must be another reason he's not getting games

Nige

This is bit where somebody photoshops him into all four team jumpers and we decide where he goes based on which one he looks best in.  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 30, 2014, 09:58:53 PM

Yeh sitting on mine too. Thought he would be the perfect F7 ::)

Jroo

Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2014, 09:27:04 AM

Yep got him there, in RDT.
Decided to keep a trade and not do Higgins to Stefan Martin  ::) :'(

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on July 31, 2014, 10:46:33 AM

Ah bugger man. That trade may come in handy tho!

elephants

Yep, he is on my DT and SC bench :P

Quote from: NigeyS on July 31, 2014, 09:25:05 AM
This is bit where somebody photoshops him into all four team jumpers and we decide where he goes based on which one he looks best in.  :P

Yesssss, go go go! ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on July 31, 2014, 10:49:11 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on July 31, 2014, 10:46:33 AM

Ah bugger man. That trade may come in handy tho!

mines worse

i could either upgrade CC to Martin or i could downgrade Higgins to Martin then bring in Miles in my midfield bench

so pissed about that decision

Toga

Bill Manspeaker

I reckon they all suit him. maybe the Tigers jumper suits him the most