EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue

Quote from: _wato on August 13, 2014, 08:49:21 PM
Would love some thoughts, think I'm done now.

Mannone (Krul)
Cahill, Lovren, Debuchy (Bruce, O'Shea)
Ramsey, Mata, Nasri, Siggurdson, Henderson/Puncheon
Rooney, Costa (Bojan)

EDIT: Didn't see your post Luigi, sorry mate.

Great team I would leave it how it is. Only players I would maybe change is nasri, siggy, Henderson/puncheon all the rest are locks for me

Spite

Somehow I have ended with Diouf in my team over Bojan in a 3-4-3

dirkdiggler

I've gone with

Myhill Krul
Wisdom - Debuchy - Lovren- Filipe - Trippier
Siggers - Coutino - Herrera - Mata - Ramsey
Rooney - Costa - Naismith

Spite

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 14, 2014, 01:13:29 PM
I've gone with

Myhill Krul

If you've got krul, you may as well get Elliot since if krul goes down, Elliot will play and it saves you a transfer.
Not a fab of tripper, tough draw and probably won't keep many cleanies. What happened to Davies? Ward from GWs 2-7 has a great fixture and palace are solid defensively so he may be an option.
Too much guessing over Chelsea's back 4 for me, anyone that's not Cahill or Terry is a risk for early game week and you don't want to pay 6.0 for him not to play surely? Just an unnecessary risk unless you're certain he will start (I personally think he will but many people don't on the Chelsea forums)

Rest of the team is good, continho will need to learn to shoot properly to be a good pick but it's worth a punt for sure. Not sure about Herrera at the moment since man utd have some "big news" to share in the next 48 hours. If it's Vidal or Di Maria signing then Herrera may be rotated more than you'd like at the price.

blue

Quote from: blue on August 13, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

Mannone (Krul)
Rooney, Costa (Bojan)

Great team I would leave it how it is. Only players I would maybe change is nasri, siggy, Henderson/puncheon all the rest are locks for me

Is mannone nailed just read that he has some pressure  from pantilimon

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on August 14, 2014, 03:48:52 PM
I've gone with

Myhill Krul

If you've got krul, you may as well get Elliot since if krul goes down, Elliot will play and it saves you a transfer.
Not a fab of tripper, tough draw and probably won't keep many cleanies. What happened to Davies? Ward from GWs 2-7 has a great fixture and palace are solid defensively so he may be an option.
Too much guessing over Chelsea's back 4 for me, anyone that's not Cahill or Terry is a risk for early game week and you don't want to pay 6.0 for him not to play surely? Just an unnecessary risk unless you're certain he will start (I personally think he will but many people don't on the Chelsea forums)

Rest of the team is good, continho will need to learn to shoot properly to be a good pick but it's worth a punt for sure. Not sure about Herrera at the moment since man utd have some "big news" to share in the next 48 hours. If it's Vidal or Di Maria signing then Herrera may be rotated more than you'd like at the price.

Mate....I didn't put my team up to ask for advice. I was just showing you how its done.  ;) ::)

Spite

Quote from: blue on August 14, 2014, 03:56:19 PM

Mannone (Krul)
Rooney, Costa (Bojan)

Not nailed yet, still fighting it out with Panti

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 14, 2014, 04:07:19 PM
I've gone with

Myhill Krul

Mate....I didn't put my team up to ask for advice. I was just showing you how its done.  ;) ::)

You took my advice for Davies, thought you may like some more ;)

If anything, at least read the first line because it's a clearly a better option regardless of opinions

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on August 14, 2014, 04:27:22 PM
Quote from: blue on August 14, 2014, 03:56:19 PM

Mannone (Krul)
Rooney, Costa (Bojan)

Not nailed yet, still fighting it out with Panti

Quote from: dirkdiggler on August 14, 2014, 04:07:19 PM
I've gone with

Myhill Krul

You took my advice for Davies, thought you may like some more ;)

If anything, at least read the first line because it's a clearly a better option regardless of opinions

If Krul goes down I am trading him out anyway. Makes no difference.

T Dog

Think i will start with this lot

Mannone (Myhill)
Lovren, Fonte, Trippier  (Vlaar, Bruce)
Ramsay, Mata, Gerrard, YaYa, El Ahmadi
Rooney,  Giroud  (Naismith)

Whaddayareckondudes?  ;D

blue

Starting my team again from scratch. Just realised I was a fool for trying to start without Rooney, it's like starting without Ablett

Spite

Quote from: T Dog on August 14, 2014, 09:09:42 PM
Think i will start with this lot

Mannone (Myhill)
Lovren, Fonte, Trippier  (Vlaar, Bruce)
Ramsay, Mata, Gerrard, YaYa, El Ahmadi
Rooney,  Giroud  (Naismith)

Whaddayareckondudes?  ;D

From another forum
"Fonte > Clyne

New BPS system favours fullbacks, and Clyne is a flying fullback capable of bombing forwards, completing dribbles and earning assists from crosses.

Verdict: No brainer"

I am not a fan of trippier but some are going for it. Would prefer Ward after GW1. Don't start with Vlaar, high ownership + hard start for villa = cash loss waiting to happen! Look at other 4.5 options like van annholt, ferdinand, chester etc (if you're going chester than change duff to wisdom)

Rest of the team looks good! Could even slip tripper to a 4.5 and after fonte too, grab hazard for gerrard if you're keen but big mid already!

(El Ahmadi may not play so I am assuming you'll be playing in 3-4-3 otherwise you'd need to fix that, maybe to marney or wanyama)

Quote from: blue on August 14, 2014, 10:34:09 PM
Starting my team again from scratch. Just realised I was a fool for trying to start without Rooney, it's like starting without Ablett

At least you realised now before the season started!!

Keeper27

Just a few thoughts guys.

@ 8.5-9.0 who do you guys reckon will score more?
Sterling/Nasri/Silva.

@ 6-7.0m who will score more?

Siggy/Punchy/Barkley/Hendo.

The last 2 mid spots have been changing since day one.
Fab, Ramsey and Mata are locked.

timmyparso

Quote from: Keeper27 on August 15, 2014, 06:12:06 AM
Just a few thoughts guys.

@ 8.5-9.0 who do you guys reckon will score more?
Sterling/Nasri/Silva.

@ 6-7.0m who will score more?

Siggy/Punchy/Barkley/Hendo.

The last 2 mid spots have been changing since day one.
Fab, Ramsey and Mata are locked.

Nasri and Barkley. Consider also de Jong if fit

Vinny

Keeper27

Quote from: timmyparso on August 15, 2014, 06:51:44 AM
Nasri and Barkley. Consider also de Jong if fit

De Jong was initially in me team but injury concerns have kinda put me off. Don't get me wrong if fit from the get go and his form preseason he'll definitely be on par with Barkley or even better

Silva/sterling over Nasri?