EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Give me some thoughts please lads, my first crack so I'm open to plenty of criticism.

De Gea (Krul)
Baines, Debuchy, Zabaleta (Bruce, Vlaar)
Sanchez, Barkley, Henderson, Ramsey (El Ahmadi)
Dzeko, Lukaku, Remy.

Spite

Quote from: _wato on August 08, 2014, 04:56:40 PM
Give me some thoughts please lads, my first crack so I'm open to plenty of criticism.

De Gea (Krul)
Baines, Debuchy, Zabaleta (Bruce, Vlaar)
Sanchez, Barkley, Henderson, Ramsey (El Ahmadi)
Dzeko, Lukaku, Remy.

Krul could be a 4.0 to save a buck, are you not planning on playing DDG all season?

Expensive backline, yet still no chelsea defenders is an interesting move. Bruce should become Wisdom who should play early GWs. I don't like Vlaar at AV but if he move clubs then he's an obvious choice. Overall it's ok, but arsenal have a semi-tough draw at the start so Debuchy will be hit and miss, not to say it won't be a great pick, but Evans or Jones at 5.5 cost the same and have a super easy opening 5.

Can't complain about the mids, Sanchez and Ramsey double up is very very strange but if you're keen then go for it. See point above about Arsenal though. Would pick one, either to mata (seems to be a lock atm for most people due to pre-season form and opening draw) or a maybe chelsea player (hazard/fab).

Dzeko, Lukaku, Remy is to put it bluntly, below par. Especially since you have invested a decent amount, you'd want a bit more bang for your buck.

Rooney without RVP is almost a must (see points above on mata but add in penalty taking as well)
Lukaku is a risk that could pay off, everton don't have the easiest of draws to start.
Remy was highly selected thinking he would move but since it doesn't look likely, he isn't a great pick any more so I would move on.

Consider Remy to Austin/Bojan and your 5th mid to Siggy at 6.0 and play 3-5-2 or even grab zamora (bench fodder at 4.5) as there are more value in the mids this year.

Decent first up attempt but come back with Rooney in your team please  :P

Keeper27

cool analysis of the team.
agreed with most parts.

GK's are fine. DDG for early CS, and Krul is a great bargain choice (10 CS for 120+)
Too much money spend on the DEF, no Chelsea or UTD (easy start - CS) ??? Baines/Zaba to Jones/Cahill + 1.5??

Quote from: Spite on August 09, 2014, 12:36:33 AM
Dzeko, Lukaku, Remy is to put it bluntly, below par. Especially since you have invested a decent amount, you'd want a bit more bang for your buck.

Rooney without RVP is almost a must (see points above on mata but add in penalty taking as well)
Lukaku is a risk that could pay off, everton don't have the easiest of draws to start.
Remy was highly selected thinking he would move but since it doesn't look likely, he isn't a great pick any more so I would move on.

agreed with this.
fair bit of money to be spent on an OK-ish fwd line.
Dzeko isnt a guaranteed starter with Jovetic firing in the preseason. (save 0.5)
Lukaku has proven he can score against big clubs. so the tough start isnt a worry for me.

Quote from: Spite on August 09, 2014, 12:36:33 AM
Consider Remy to Austin/Bojan

or Nugent. and save 2.0 at the same time.

Dzeko -> Jovetic +0.5
Remy -> 5.5 +2.0
Baines/Zaba ->Jones/Cahill +1.5

thats 4.0 that you can use to change El Ahmadi to a 8.5 (nasri ??) or a 7.0 (siggy/punchy/De jong/Cabella) and use 1.5 to upgrade Lukaku to Rooney??

that'll give you a 3-4-3/3-5-2 flexibility

Keeper27

this is me squad.
GK - Bego, why not the bloke went 135+ in back to back seasons. Gilks. Bench Fodder.

DEF - Them 5 are all starters. They all rotate perfectly for easy games till GW 20. (i'll always have 3 easier games and a big chance for 2-3 CS and hopefully a few goals.)

MID - where you score the most points. 5 starters all will go 150+ IMO.

FWD - Costa looks to have settled fine with his new team mates. Rooney will start the season on fire.

note: Siggy (2 goals, 2 assists) can go to Puncy for a safer option (CP easier start too) or to Hoilett (3 goals) playing in "the hole" and save 1.0
Nugent (4 goals) to Austin (4 goals)/Bojan (3 goals)/Fletcher (3 goals)

Spite

Great looking team keeper.
If Sanchez fires I assume you'll just dump the worst performing mid to a bandwagon and upgrade someone to Sanchez so it's relatively safe too.

Cheap defence but as you said they are all playing and rotate. Only have questions marks about Cameron starting, he isn't a 100% starting, maybe look at aanholt for Stoke instead, he seems to have nailed down a spot at the same price

T Dog

Rooney in 40% of all teams...wow

_wato

Alright, took a bit into what you said, thanks for the in depth stuff lads.. Like I said, this is my first go and while I'm not an avid supporter I do follow it reasonably closely and love watching the game!

De Gea (Krul)
Cahill, Debuchy, Jones, O'Shea (Bruce)
Sanchez, Fabregas, Siggurdson, Barkley (Albrighton)
ROONEY,  Diego Costa (Nugent)

Spite

Nugent is a perfectly good punt, Austin or bojan are in the same price bracket if you want to change him out later.

That's a great team you've got there!

timmyparso

Quote from: Spite on August 10, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Nugent is a perfectly good punt, Austin or bojan are in the same price bracket if you want to change him out later.

That's a great team you've got there!

Nugent is scoring well against 3rd, 4th and 5th tier teams, can he score in the Premier League? Leicester have tough opening fixture too. Bojan is a better option.

Jackross10

What a day today!

4:40-7:10 Collingwood vs WCE.
7:30-930 ALeague AS vs Juventus.
9:30-11:30 Liverpool vs Dortmund.
11:30-1:30 Arsenal vs ManCity.

_wato

Quote from: Jackross10 on August 10, 2014, 10:47:32 AM
What a day today!

Absolute perfection.

Jackross10

Quote from: _wato on August 10, 2014, 12:48:54 PM
Quote from: Jackross10 on August 10, 2014, 10:47:32 AM
What a day today!

Absolute perfection.

I reckon mate :)

blue

Can someone explain the hype around Barkley, he's the most popular midfielder at 7 m and with Everton having a tough start. Have I missed something?

Jackross10

Quote from: blue on August 10, 2014, 06:40:12 PM
Can someone explain the hype around Barkley, he's the most popular midfielder at 7 m and with Everton having a tough start. Have I missed something?

Yeah mate. Think it's just his price. I don't think he will be amazing. Probably 130-140 for the season. Siggy is a better option.

_wato