EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirkdiggler

Quote from: blue on August 04, 2014, 10:33:42 PM
Thought I might have a crack finished 315k last year which was my 1st crack at it

De Gea, ( Krul )

Lovren, Debuchy, Ferdinand (  Targett, Bruce )

Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Mata, F

gonna need more players than that  :P

Spite

Sanchez + Arno vs Eriksen + Silva/Ramsey?

Second forward is driving me crazy, don't want Costa since have hazard but there's not another great option. Maybe Jovetic while aguero is out or adebayor but don't rate giroud/dzeko to start. So many issues!

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on August 05, 2014, 01:47:08 PM
Sanchez + Arno vs Eriksen + Silva/Ramsey?

Second forward is driving me crazy, don't want Costa since have hazard but there's not another great option. Maybe Jovetic while aguero is out or adebayor but don't rate giroud/dzeko to start. So many issues!

why would you consider Jovetic but not rate Dzeko? Negredo is injured. Dzeko is a great option and is locked in my team

Spite

Sorry the word "to start" was bad. I meant to start in my team, not start for city.  He will start. He has just been looking very average in these friendless and with Jovetic scoring 5 goals already, I can see aguero coming back gw3 and forcing a dzeko/Jovetic rotation. If Dzeko fires obviously he's safe but I don't want to have to take a risk.
I've dropped hazard to a 9.0 for now and got Costa but I'm not too happy with my backline or keepers (mannone giving me headaches)

timmyparso

De Gea (Krul)
Chester, Fillipe  Luis, Vertonghen, Debuchy (Janmaat)
Lamela, Nasri, Barkley (Sigurdsson, de Jong)
Fletcher, Rooney, Diego Costa.

Not 100% yet but getting close. Keenly awaiting transfer news on Vermaelen but Arsenal don't want ManU to get him.

Andrew3747

Keeper27

Quote from: timmyparso on August 05, 2014, 04:33:18 PM
De Gea (Krul)

Not 100% yet but getting close. Keenly awaiting transfer news on Vermaelen but Arsenal don't want ManU to get him.

I'm guessing you'll be playing 3-5-2 with that team.
I like your mid choices.  Still not sold on Barkley but will score well.

timmyparso

Quote from: Keeper27 on August 06, 2014, 07:24:51 AM
Quote from: timmyparso on August 05, 2014, 04:33:18 PM
De Gea (Krul)

I'm guessing you'll be playing 3-5-2 with that team.
I like your mid choices.  Still not sold on Barkley but will score well.

would depend on weekly fixture as to the formation I think I've got great flexibility with this squad to do many things from week to week. First week would be as above for 4-3-3 but generally will be a 4-4-2 as fixtures will likely give 1 of my mids a tough week. Hopefully this affords me luxury of minimal -4 trades early on and even ability to hold my wildcard until later in the season. Well, that's the plan anyway.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on August 05, 2014, 03:32:39 PM
Sorry the word "to start" was bad. I meant to start in my team, not start for city.  He will start. He has just been looking very average in these friendless and with Jovetic scoring 5 goals already, I can see aguero coming back gw3 and forcing a dzeko/Jovetic rotation. If Dzeko fires obviously he's safe but I don't want to have to take a risk.
I've dropped hazard to a 9.0 for now and got Costa but I'm not too happy with my backline or keepers (mannone giving me headaches)

I wouldn't pay much attention to pre season form for established players. They are all on differrent fitness programs and indivually being managed. Ageuro works better along side another striker. City won't play Ageuro up top on his own very often

BoredSaint

Andrew3747

3-5-2/3-4-3 rotation is def the go. also there needs to be a h2h league.

Keeper27

Quote from: Andrew3747 on August 08, 2014, 08:06:03 AM

Bad. H2H would be cool

timmyparso

Quote from: Andrew3747 on August 08, 2014, 08:06:03 AM

the changes to the bonus point system apparently helps defenders so 4 defenders is not a bad option given they are generally cheaper

Vinny

Fanfooty H2H League

Code to join this league: 200924-297705

timmyparso

Quote from: Vinny on August 08, 2014, 11:16:37 AM
Fanfooty H2H League

Code to join this league: 200924-297705

Also known as the Lotery League. I finished top in classic league last year but could only manage 7th or 8th in H2H  :o