EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Solid enough side.
Will Vlaar keep his WC form going?
Punchy is a solid choice with their relatively easier start.
De Jong has had a good preseason.
I'm rethinking my choice in Fabregas, and I might change him to Ramsey.
Luis should be a starter. Can arsenal rack up another 17 CS's like last season?

Good even team.  Good luck.

CrowsFan

Well here is my first up attempt, which I can guarantee will change a lot before the season starts. After my worst season ever in terms of final rank last season I'm looking to push back in to the top echelons of the comp, where the season before I was sitting just outside the top 1000 more than halfway through the season, but slowly fell back to finish in the top 20,000...

GK
Mannone and Pantillimon fighting for the Sunderland spot and they generally do alright for points.
Def
Zabaleta for the strong defender, although with Sagna now at the club could be in and out so a bit of a worry.
Jones should get plenty of game time as long as he stays fit, and with them playing 5 at the back should mean clean sheets and give him the opportunity to push forward for goals.
Azpi I think will lock in that RB spot for Chelsea this season, but can easily change to Luis if he doesn't.
Trippier and de Laet chosen because they either score goals or get assists for their clubs and are cheap.
Mid
Sanchez should really be playing as a forward so plenty of goals and assists on offer.
Eriksen really turned it on after January and I expect him to continue, he is a quality player! Would have risked it with Lamela, but he is the same price for some weird reason.
Schurrle I think should be starting for Chelsea each week he is a jet, but another to wait and see on. Could easily change to Ander Herrera who is priced the same. Will constantly be in the thick of it for United and is a beautiful passer of the ball so expect him to create plenty of chances for RVP and Rooney to slot away.
Barkley will show more improvement this year.
Johnson just for the solid scoring that he gets and is priced so cheaply for what he delivers.
Fwd
RVP is who van Gaal will be building his team around so expect plenty of goals from him now that he's over his injury troubles.
Nugent and Ings both dominated at Championship level, expect one of them to continue that trend in the higher league.

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on July 30, 2014, 09:00:15 PM

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I've picked my team up of pretty much the most popular players :P Help, please!!

Obviously you'll play Ramsey instead of Albright firstly...

But if you're going to play  a  3-5-2 formation then upgrade Albright to siggy at 6.0

Mertsecker won't start according to my research so change him to someone like B.Davies. Some other defenders are dodgy too. Vlaar is likely not going to be great unless he transfers clubs. Cameron probably won't start either. It's not a bad start.

There's more value than Howard as goalie too, De Gea (the man utd goalie) is only 5.5 and they have an easy opening draw

Although mannone and krul have a nice rotating fixture and they cost a total of 9.0 

Spite

@HB

You'll know more than I do about EPL without a doubt so I don't want to say too much or I'll get in over my head. That team just sort of looks to be lacking one more "super premium" player.

RVP to Rooney frees up 2m which could turn schurrle or Barkley to a much better player.

RVP isn't 100% going to play in Gameweek 1, (we don't know of LVG will ease him into it) and Rooney had been firing in the praccy matches. It's heaps of $$$ on someone that's not 100% to play at this stage (it may change before round 1, LVG may come out and say he's certain starter)

Anyway food for thought. Our backlines are relatively similar but you've spent an extra 1m than me there

Spite

Please be lenient on my grammar, I'm typing on my phone and it autocorrects some words. :p

Keeper27

Quote from: Honey Badger on July 30, 2014, 11:57:53 PM

decent side, is Schurrle locked in for a starter in Mourinho's side?? i dont think so.

Eriksen was amazing 2nd half of the season, avg'ing 7.22 PPG for the last 10 games. can he continue it with Pochettino's defensive style? what will his new role be?? will it be fantasy relevant??

not sold on Sanchez yet, and @ 10.5 you'd expect a return of 210+, personally i dont think he can do it. YES i know he had 19 goals and 12 assists in 34 games but that was with an attacking Barca who scored 100 goals compared to Wenger's Arsenals's 68 league goals.

I'd rather save some coin and grab Ramsey. 146 points in 23 games with 10 goals. i think he be better value than Sanchez.
(personally the more i think about it the more im convicing myself to change Fabregas to Ramsey)

I think Barkley will score more or less the same. 120+
De Jong is one at the same price who i think will outscore Barkley.

FWD line falls a tad bit short IMO. Rooney will be better value than RVP.

not tryna put you off your team just some suggestions.
good luck.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Keeper27 on July 31, 2014, 11:04:48 AM

decent side, is Schurrle locked in for a starter in Mourinho's side?? i dont think so.

Eriksen was amazing 2nd half of the season, avg'ing 7.22 PPG for the last 10 games. can he continue it with Pochettino's defensive style? what will his new role be?? will it be fantasy relevant??

not sold on Sanchez yet, and @ 10.5 you'd expect a return of 210+, personally i dont think he can do it. YES i know he had 19 goals and 12 assists in 34 games but that was with an attacking Barca who scored 100 goals compared to Wenger's Arsenals's 68 league goals.

I'd rather save some coin and grab Ramsey. 146 points in 23 games with 10 goals. i think he be better value than Sanchez.
(personally the more i think about it the more im convicing myself to change Fabregas to Ramsey)

good luck.

Pochettino does not have a defensive style...even if he did, he wouldn't be allowed to use that at Spurs. Spurs will play a high line and press the ball up the field. Eriksen I believe will play off one stirker. Spurs won't play both Soldado and Adebayor because there pressing of the ball and work ethic is poor. So he will use Eriksen behind the striker. Making him an excellent choice IMO

timmyparso

Quote from: dirkdiggler on July 31, 2014, 01:19:10 PM

good luck.

Pochettino does not have a defensive style...even if he did, he wouldn't be allowed to use that at Spurs. Spurs will play a high line and press the ball up the field. Eriksen I believe will play off one stirker. Spurs won't play both Soldado and Adebayor because there pressing of the ball and work ethic is poor. So he will use Eriksen behind the striker. Making him an excellent choice IMO

I think you'll find Lamela has been playing "in the hole" most of the pre season at Spurrs and playing well so may be a better option than Erikson

dirkdiggler

Quote from: timmyparso on July 31, 2014, 02:19:47 PM
Quote from: dirkdiggler on July 31, 2014, 01:19:10 PM

good luck.

I think you'll find Lamela has been playing "in the hole" most of the pre season at Spurrs and playing well so may be a better option than Erikson

I have Lamela in my team currently. The thing with Lamela is that he can play a variety of roles...not so sure that Eriksen can. My view is that Pochettino has been asked to get maximum out of Soldado, as he was an alarming failure last season but clearly has great quality. If you looked at the way Southampton played (and how Pochettino might try and replicate) Lambert dropped a little deeper and Rodriguez tended to provide pace and penetration...through the wings or channels. I think Spurs will try and get Lamela forward past Soldado and use his pace. Wheras Eriksen will end up playing more like Lallana did. Lamela and Eriksen are both good picls in my view. Lamelas should score more goals but Eriksen will be involved in the play a little bit more.

tor01doc

Quote from: Spite on July 31, 2014, 01:23:07 AM
Please be lenient on my grammar, I'm typing on my phone and it autocorrects some words. :p

What a fearsome reputation someone must have!  ;)

Jackross10

Andrew3747

Vinny

T Dog

blue

Thought I might have a crack finished 315k last year which was my 1st crack at it

De Gea, ( Krul )

Lovren, Debuchy, Ferdinand (  Targett, Bruce )

Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Mata, F