EPL Fantasy 2014/15 Thread.

Started by Jackross10, July 20, 2014, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

MTTY

Is anyone doing the Ultimate version?

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Jackross10 on July 25, 2014, 10:01:07 PM
DD. You think this would be better ? With StevieG?

Mannone (Myhill)
Bruce, Rafael, Cameron (Upson, Duff)
Sanchez, Hazard, Gerrard, Sigurddson, (Albrighton)
RVP, Rooney, Austin.

Gerrard is interesting. His points total was greatly enhanced by the number of penalties LFC managed to acquire last season.
Lallana will take a more advanced role in the side, so I suspect Gerrards output to drop. He'll also be rested now and then given the CL committments.
I would avoid playing both Rooney and RVP personally....but it could pay off. I think you are a bit light at the back to be honest, proably one risk too many...but it if works,...you'll be some kind of god  8)

Spite

Is RVP worth the 2m more than Rooney? I would probably use the money to beef up the backline or bony to Costa but I don't particularly want Costa...

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Spite on July 28, 2014, 01:04:57 PM
Is RVP worth the 2m more than Rooney? I would probably use the money to beef up the backline or bony to Costa but I don't particularly want Costa...

potentially he is. I think that Van Gaal will put his faith in RVP early and see Rooney played second fiddle. However I think the best bet is Rooney with the 2m reinvested in stronger other options.

The_Captain

had sturridge. But reading this, i have changed to Rooney. Frees up a mill. But cant free up another mill for RVP.

Keeper27

Updated Squad. Happy with it now. even across all lines. 0.5 in the kitty.

GK - DDG is a lock @ 5.5, with their easy start im expecting a few clean sheets.

DEF - My back 3 should be a lock for starters. Debuchy should improve his scoring if Arsenal can replicate its 17 CS from last season. Chelsea will have a few CS's too. Decent back up in Coloccini and Targett (who seems to have replaced Shaw)

MID - Fab will kill it this year. Mata will go back to 160+ with LVG playing him in his right position. De Jong/Siggy are going to be the value buys this season. LOCK IT IN.

FWD - Costa will score 20+ goals with all the talent feeding him. Rooney should start good with easy start he'll have a massive year - assists & goals. Dzeko should be #1 with Negredo out (been reading Jovetic is doing well preseason, not sold, possibly Injury Prone)

Watchlist - Ramsey (still think he'll be better value than Sanchez), Nasri, Silva, Eriksen, Pelle

The_Captain

Quote from: Keeper27 on July 29, 2014, 10:07:10 AM

GK - DDG is a lock @ 5.5, with their easy start im expecting a few clean sheets.

DEF - My back 3 should be a lock for starters. Debuchy should improve his scoring if Arsenal can replicate its 17 CS from last season. Chelsea will have a few CS's too. Decent back up in Coloccini and Targett (who seems to have replaced Shaw)

MID - Fab will kill it this year. Mata will go back to 160+ with LVG playing him in his right position. De Jong/Siggy are going to be the value buys this season. LOCK IT IN.

FWD - Costa will score 20+ goals with all the talent feeding him. Rooney should start good with easy start he'll have a massive year - assists & goals. Dzeko should be #1 with Negredo out (been reading Jovetic is doing well preseason, not sold, possibly Injury Prone)

Watchlist - Ramsey (still think he'll be better value than Sanchez), Nasri, Silva, Eriksen, Pelle

What's de jong worth mate? Maybe go to soemone like Shelvey if you can..

Keeper27

Already got Siggy don't need Shelvey.
De Jong is only 7.0. I'd like Nasri but I'd have to cut 1.0 from somewhere else and ruin my lines

The_Captain

Quote from: Keeper27 on July 29, 2014, 10:51:59 AM
De Jong is only 7.0. I'd like Nasri but I'd have to cut 1.0 from somewhere else and ruin my lines

Maybeee go Barkley or Mirileas. Don't think De Jong will score any good hey.

Keeper27

Quote from: noto07 on July 29, 2014, 11:06:54 AM
Quote from: Keeper27 on July 29, 2014, 10:51:59 AM

Maybeee go Barkley or Mirileas. Don't think De Jong will score any good hey.

cheers. i'll keep me eye out on the preseason.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Keeper27 on July 29, 2014, 10:07:10 AM

solid team. Fabregas is tempting but I will wait and see. I think he's gone backwards as a player. Chelsea clearly see him as a Lampard replacement, working off the main striker whilst providing discipline in the middle of the park defensively. I don't think that his heart will be in at totally at Chelsea and I don't think he'll be as good as you think. But he's certainly on option

Luigi197

Jackross10

nrich102

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I've picked my team up of pretty much the most popular players :P Help, please!!