Main Menu

HA HA!

Started by quinny88, July 13, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on July 16, 2014, 01:05:04 PM
You're pretty much getting hung up on a technicality that its possible that he could've been a metre or 2 over the limit and it just makes you sound salty lol.

He clearly deserved the goal, not to mention it didn't even impact the result of the game so idk what you're complaining about

'a metre or 2' over the limit is so far from reality that I won't even bother responding.

Ricochet's post seems closer to the truth.

GOTY probably.

Alll I am saying is it's not without controversy.

Ziplock

white's 180cm tall and bolt's 195cm... each step of white's is going to be shorter than bolt's.

he took 7 steps before his first bounce, and 2 steps for the ball to return
10 steps before the seconds bounce and 2 steps to return
he took 13 or 14 steps before the 3rd bounce and another 2 steps to return
and 10 steps to to take the kick

if he should have been pinged, it should have been pinged before the 3rd bounce where he took 13/14 steps

Anyway, I took a rough estimate of white's stride using the 10s mark from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPqoirbtsqw

Which was actually a pain in the ass to do even in slow motion, as the panning camera makes it hard to figure out where the step started

Anyway, then using white's known height of 180cm, a still from where the step finished (and the known location of where it started), using basically the number of pixels as a measuring device, I worked out how long the step was (using his height as a known reference point), correcting for the fact he isn't standing up straight, and that he has boots on (which would have affected his apparent height).

Basically, it came to white having a step length of 1.34m, which makes sense as that would give him a stride length of 2.68m and average stride length is about 1.34x a person's height (180cm for white), which would give 2.412 (although sprinters normally have a larger stride length when running).

So if each step's 1.34m about, then his 13/14 steps would = 17.42m, which while looking at it in real life/ at full speed, is close enough to 15 that it's completely understandable the umpires wouldn't be able to necessarily differentiate/ call it as a free kick.

anyway, here's the picture (although it won't be in the same dimensons as the original screen shot, you can work it out proportionally if you feel inclined to check)

here's the working out :
White=180cm tall
torso=829-244 pixels= 585 pixels-distance with bent legs(831-589=242)=343 pixels
heights= torso +length upper leg + length lower leg
length upper leg= vert= 656-588= 68 pixels
horiz=834-761= 73 pixels
upperleg= sqrt((68^2)+(73^2))=100 pixels
lower leg(inc. foot/ ankle)= vert=827-657= 170 pixels
horiz=762-725= 37 pixels
lowerleg= sqrt((170^2)+(37^2))=174 pixels
total leg length= 174+100=274 pixels
total pixels= 274+343=617 pixels
180cm= 617 pixels
1.8m= 617 pixels
1m= 343 pixels

Length of step= 1193-733= 460 pixels
460/343= 1.34m
13*1.75= 17.42m

Mailman the 2nd

lol thanks Zip hahaha

quinny88

Wtf is going on here..  :o

Im a Richmond supporter and still at no stage even considered that he ran to far without a bounce.
Can't believe there's even a discussion on it.

tor01doc

Ziplock - I love it.

A high distinction for you.

Vinny

Hahaha get owned, Zip has spoken.

Toga

Haha gee Zip, you just love an analysis don't you? :P But nice work mate that's some serious effort

Quote from: quinny88 on July 16, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

Im a Richmond supporter and still at no stage even considered that he ran to far without a bounce.

But yeah this was what I thought. Terrific goal, hope it gets GOTY!

Nige

I blame the tattoo.  :P

Jroo

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on July 17, 2014, 11:36:41 AM
Haha gee Zip, you just love an analysis don't you? :P But nice work mate that's some serious effort

Quote from: quinny88 on July 16, 2014, 04:42:40 PM

But yeah this was what I thought. Terrific goal, hope it gets GOTY!

I didn't enjoy a second of it when it happened I must admit haha
But after the final siren I could reflect back and appreciate it

quinny88

kilbluff1985

Rusty00

It's humorous how hard you're trying to get Noz to bite ::)

You remind me of a lot Crows fans here in Adelaide. If they had to choose one option they would prefer Port to lose rather than their own team winning :P

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 04, 2014, 10:58:20 PM

You remind me of a lot Crows fans here in Adelaide. If they had to choose one option they would prefer Port to lose rather than their own team winning :P
As a Richmond supporter, more often than not I do find more enjoyment in seeing the Bombers, Blues and Norf lose rather than us winning.  :P

quinny88

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 04, 2014, 10:58:20 PM

Haha no the nelson pic was my square up for Noz, this pic I just saw on a sportsbet ad so I thought I would share