Football Manager 2014

Started by Vinny, July 12, 2014, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

So just investing heaps in to the youth academies and scouting then to bring in young players?

Vinny

For some reason my squad is not becoming familiar with the new formation?

Training on tactics only at high intensity for last three weeks, all match training on tactics too.

Played 7 friendlies so far.

Any ideas guys.

CrowsFan

Maybe it's a stupid formation? :P

Vinny

Did I just get Badgered?

Haha 4-1-2-1-2 with Liverpool.

Suarez, Sturridge.
                    Coutinho.
               Henderson, Gerrard.
                      Leiva.
      Cissokho, Agger, Sakho, Johnson.
                    Mignolet.

PowerBug

Quote from: Andrew3747 on July 15, 2014, 08:31:01 PM
Deep runs in cups is what makes it. How long do you spend on the game? Training is a huge part+scouting. I'd def scout for young talents and sign them on pre contracts if that counts as not buying.
Quote from: Honey Badger on July 15, 2014, 08:37:48 PM
So just investing heaps in to the youth academies and scouting then to bring in young players?
Unfortunately the handheld version is a little rundown and easier to manage than the full PC version, so that's probably why I make it sound so easy.

If the board let me upgrade the training facilities I would. Scouting I'm not doing as it's whoever is in my club + whoever I can get from my reserve side, which don't go down as transfers should I offer them a contract. I considered about whether to allow free transfers but deciding against that too.

Justin Bieber

Andrew3747

Quote from: Vinny on July 15, 2014, 09:59:30 PM
Did I just get Badgered?

Suarez, Sturridge.
                    Coutinho.
               Henderson, Gerrard.
                      Leiva.
                    Mignolet.

narrow formations are really hard to get right in FM.

I'd def read into football tactics  specifically Tactical Theorems. huge help for me helping to understand tactics. It also shows how much of a real life sim FM really is.

BratPack

Quote from: BratPack on July 12, 2014, 10:00:17 PM
I still play '13. I'm doing the Next Goal Wins challenge (Try and take American Samoa, the world's worst football team, to the World Cup)

I BEAT NEW ZEALAND! Now I only have to beat Columbia to make it....

I am so boned

Andrew3747

San Marino is prob the worlds worst.

Vinny

Quote from: Andrew3747 on July 16, 2014, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: Vinny on July 15, 2014, 09:59:30 PM
Did I just get Badgered?

Suarez, Sturridge.
                    Coutinho.
               Henderson, Gerrard.
                      Leiva.
                    Mignolet.

narrow formations are really hard to get right in FM.

I'd def read into football tactics  specifically Tactical Theorems. huge help for me helping to understand tactics. It also shows how much of a real life sim FM really is.
Thanks dude, appreciate it

Vinny

So I added in another tactic and all of a sudden the players started become familiar with the original one, probably just a glitch or something. :P

Jukes

Just signed a bloke named Tony Abbott :P

Pretty average centre back but he's still young (20).

Made it into the epl with maidenhead too, 5 straight titles :3 am 2 wins and 2 draws after 4, beat city and newcastle but drew liverpool and southampton.

BoredSaint

nah i dont have FM14. Ive just been playing FM13. I'm in 2030 now.. so 18 seasons? :P

And yeah I've won around 12 leagues :D EVERTON FTW

BoredSaint

Also my formation is legit 4-3-2-1 with wing backs, 1 DLP, 2 wingers, 1 IF, 1 AP and 1 Poacher

sounds like it should never work but it works so well. Its really important to get a really good CM who can attack and defend though. And having the 2 wingers at ML and MR means that they will also help defend

PowerBug

I had to pick up a Karl Pilkington, young CB.

My formation is 4-2-3-1. Two Wing backs, two limited defenders, the CDMs are Deep Lying and Ball Winning. Attacking three are Winger, CM, Winger (Defensive through the centre of the pitch), and the Striker is a Poacher. Seems to be working well enough, my CM has high stamina so can play out 90 minutes easily. :) Wing Backs struggle sometimes.