Main Menu

Why don't you play Sheed!

Started by Memphistopheles, July 07, 2014, 01:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

This is the one thing that has been annoying me lately. Sheed looks like a real player but has not been given a chance this season. Why doesn't Simpson play him!

Especially given other pathetic efforts that some of our midfielders have been putting in lately (Wellingham/Masten)

Sheed strikes me as the type of player who would have thrived in the tough, close contests of the Fremantle and Sydney matches so not playing him is a big mistake.

He keeps getting in amongst it in the WAFL but needs AFL games to develop further. And, not as the sub! Maybe once to give him his first taste but give him a full game (or at least red-vest) him if you want him to develop.

What do others think?

Ricochet

He obviously still isn't quite ready. You boys still need to win games and can't go all out down the youth path. Plus Simpson would still be figuring out his senior players as well.

The_Captain

I feel ya Memph.. Some of these hacks have had more than enough oppurtunities and have proved that they are not up to it!

Cant hurt giving him a game. At least he can be developed. Some of our players are major let downs..

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ricochet on July 07, 2014, 01:54:50 PM
He obviously still isn't quite ready. You boys still need to win games and can't go all out down the youth path. Plus Simpson would still be figuring out his senior players as well.

There has been no chance of finals for some time now - Simpson is naive if he thought there was. Dockers and Swans games would have been the perfect 'big-game' experience Sheed needed imo.

He should get a game this week with Rosa out. If he doesn't I'm not convinced Simpson is the right person to take us forward.

Ricochet

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 07, 2014, 03:00:16 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 07, 2014, 01:54:50 PM

There has been no chance of finals for some time now - Simpson is naive if he thought there was. Dockers and Swans games would have been the perfect 'big-game' experience Sheed needed imo.

He should get a game this week with Rosa out. If he doesn't I'm not convinced Simpson is the right person to take us forward.
There was hope after you beat GC. You were only 2 games behind them and they had Geelong, Hawks, Pies. Who would have known they would have stolen 2 games there. If teams can mathmatically still make finals they will always push towards it.

Like I said, Simpson still needs to figure out his senior players, as well as his kids. He needs to decide which senior boys can make it at the required level and which can't. Sheed is a kid and locked in with his initial contract, where as others would still have question marks over their heads as to whether they are worth keeping.

elephants

Memphistopheles

Quote from: elephants on July 10, 2014, 07:09:22 PM
We do! ;D
About time.

If he is the sub though I will be very disappointed.

elephants

Prepare to be disappointed then haha, probably gonna be him or Tunners.