Sir Tom "GOAT" Rockliff

Started by GoLions, June 21, 2014, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammy123

Glad i traded him the 1st injury. Giving coaches headaches at wrong end of season

no eye deer

Punted for Beams. Could backfire, but can't afford to let him bleed more cash. He's had too many chances.

Bully

Quote from: no eye deer on July 27, 2017, 10:31:50 PM
Punted for Beams. Could backfire, but can't afford to let him bleed more cash. He's had too many chances.

Did the same and it saved my bacon this week. Rocky is done as a SC player.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on July 30, 2017, 08:45:55 PM
Quote from: no eye deer on July 27, 2017, 10:31:50 PM

Did the same and it saved my bacon this week. Rocky is done as a SC player.

Wish I did the same thing

Was so damn close to fielding Witherden over Rocky, but of course I gave this hack another chance and for the 6th or 7th week running he burnt me

If I can afford it, Rocky to Beams this week. I'm done

Huttabito

Glad I booted him this week. For the 1 extra point Z.Merrett offered and the (C) duties :'(

Wanderer

Quote from: Huttabito on July 30, 2017, 09:27:04 PM
Glad I booted him this week. For the 1 extra point Z.Merrett offered and the (C) duties :'(
+1 but not the (c)

HappyDEZ

Quote from: Huttabito on July 30, 2017, 09:27:04 PM
Done the exact same thing Hutt. No (C) tho. $150K diff or whatever it was. A very expensive point. Not impressed.

rfc4eva

So badly want to get rid of this useless seagull.Have him GAJ and JPK and still need to upgrade Greenwood with 4 trades!

Marstar

Finally got rid of my fav SC player too. Rock -> Beam (C). Had to done.

Won, finished 1st in the League, went passed go and collected $200.

3 trades + $120k left for finals and sitting at rank 800 flat.

D6 Newman (Witheran)
M8 Sloane/JPK/Selwood ... i know right? (Witheran/Mountford)
F6 Nank (Greenwood)

Can afford Newman -> Savage/Roberton and Nank/Greenwood -> Billing ... but that will leave me with 1 trade  :-\

Holz

Round 23 2017: Everyone will be saying ill never pick this spud up again.
Round 1 2018: Top 10 selected mid.

90% chance he is in my round 1 squad. clearly hampered by injury.

I think he will be about 500k. 123 average before the injury.

Lock

Danger Dmart Rocky Fyfe Bont

Wanderer

If you look at his history, he has only had one reasonable year (where he scored ok and wasn't injured too much). He had one massive year averaging 132 but only played 18 games.  All the other years he was either injured or didn't score well.  Just too big a risk and liability.  Never again.

Holz

Quote from: Wanderer on July 31, 2017, 09:59:29 AM
If you look at his history, he has only had one reasonable year (where he scored ok and wasn't injured too much). He had one massive year averaging 132 but only played 18 games.  All the other years he was either injured or didn't score well.  Just too big a risk and liability.  Never again.

2013 he played 21 games for 110.

2011 he played 20 games for 114

your right on the last 3 years though.

RaisyDaisy

The recent years are what is relevant though

Shades of Ryan Griffin with this bloke

Never again for me. There's more than enough much more reliable good scorers to chose from

You don't have a big edge by having Rocky, it works against you

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 31, 2017, 11:21:11 AM
The recent years are what is relevant though

Shades of Ryan Griffin with this bloke

Never again for me. There's more than enough much more reliable good scorers to chose from

You don't have a big edge by having Rocky, it works against you

kinda depends if he stays healthy or not. You might have a big edge, or as you say it might work against you.

I you started him this year he was still a good pick up, 123 over the first 8 rounds and then he cost you a trade but he made cash.

If you kept him or traded him in you got burnt big time.

He has played 28 of the last 30 games and assuming he plays the year out, he has missed 25 games in the last 8 years. Not great but not too bad.

The interesting comparison is Nat Fyfe, will people look at him next year. He is actually more injury prone then Rocky. With a 123 in the last month he will be on Peoples radars too.

RaisyDaisy

Fyfe is an easy pick over Rocky

At least when he's down he still puts up 90+ and not this constant 50-70 rubbish Rocky does