Main Menu

Where to now?

Started by Master Q, June 08, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

pretty sure smith is contracted to the end of 2015

Jroo

This is interesting.
@AFL_Nick: Richmond is cashed up and will have a "big focus" on luring an opposition star to Punt Rd at the end of this year http://t.co/RMU6vNtgXo

Toga

Wouldn't mind a Nat Fyfe or a Dangerfield in the yellow and black ;)

Master Q

Quote from: Toga on June 09, 2014, 03:34:15 PM
Wouldn't mind a Nat Fyfe or a Dangerfield in the yellow and black ;)
Keep dreaming  :P

Nige

Wouldn't mind us grabbing Lachie Plowman to be honest.

But one of those 'big names' would be fantastic.

shaker

The coach has to be mostly responsible for plight they find themselves in they just are not responding to him , Cotchin is not a good captain he is a timid , the depth of the list is poor it will be shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic for the rest of the season no easy fix to this  :-[

Kellogscrunchynut

Look on the brightside, I recall Cotchin saying that he would retire after we win a flag.

Vinny

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on June 09, 2014, 08:51:48 PM
Look on the brightside, I recall Cotchin saying that he would retire after we win a flag.
Cotchin to play till he is 85!!

Ziplock

Quote from: Vinny on June 09, 2014, 09:32:54 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on June 09, 2014, 08:51:48 PM
Cotchin to play till he is 85!!

Richmond- till death do us part.

JBs-Hawks

Get rid of Vickery and give Aaron Edwards a game!

Toga

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 09, 2014, 09:57:15 PM

With Vickers out for two you'd think Az would be a good chance for a game this week as he's been in good form! Although there's talk of BOH getting a game as well

Nige

Quote from: Toga on June 10, 2014, 10:57:18 AM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 09, 2014, 09:57:15 PM

With Vickers out for two you'd think Az would be a good chance for a game this week as he's been in good form! Although there's talk of BOH getting a game as well
Both are fairly deserving, but I daresay there's only room for one.

Jroo

Azza is better than BOH atm, but Azza will nearly definitely go at the end of the year, so try and get some games into BOH.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on June 10, 2014, 04:57:08 PM
Azza is better than BOH atm, but Azza will nearly definitely go at the end of the year, so try and get some games into BOH.
This is pretty much exactly it. I like Az, but BOH is probably worth getting games into since he'll be a part of our future (or at least I think he could be/hope he is).

quinny88

I know it seems like the end of the world for Richmond and I cant blame fellow Richmond supporters for the mentality of "here comes another rebuild" but rest assured we are NOT in that bad of a position and the list wont change that much between now and round 1 next year, nor should it.
What will change is some added A grade personnel and another year into our young guns.

When you look at teams like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo etc and wonder.. How the fk do they keep bringing guys in that become guns straight away from the depths of the draft?? quite simple really. Look who they are learning from. Look at their role models. Guys that have been in the system for a long time and been some of the best players in the AFL over the past decade.
Who are ours looking to for that mentor role? A kid thats a couple of years older than them?
Unfortunately we dont have the luxury of players learning from the best. Cotchin, Martin, Ellis, Conca, Vlastuin etc.. they are having to create their own culture and standards. We came from the very bottom with a list as bad as anyones. People look at how bad Melbourne were for so long, lets not forget we werent much better if any better at all for a long time.

All of our best players are still young. There are very few on our list that you could say have hit the age where they will start going backwards now due to age. Most will get better.
We have probably 2 of our best 22 players that could retire at the end of the year. Newman and King (borderline best 22 anyway). The rest will still be there and still at a really good age to go to the next level.
I would be open to us moving guys like Vickery and Grigg on but I doubt it will happen. It doesnt really need to. We have guys like McBean, Elton and Griffiths who will be another year more developed and able to step in. Vickery will find himself pushed out as he has already been at times this year. Up to him then if he wants to be an AFL player or not.

And the best part of it all.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-09/tigers-go-to-market