"Attacking from the front" BOOM

Started by korza, March 16, 2010, 02:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korza

"Attacking from the front". The more i look at it, the more i disagree. I'm thinking of bolstering my backs with Hodge as my 5th defender. After thousands of combinations, i just cannot see the likes of Mcdonald,Malceski,Kennelly,Greenwood,Ladson, Hunt,or Waters pulling out big scores to give your team a realistic chance of scoring 2000pts a week to win this thing.
Sorry Ossie.

chatters24

Be careful as they don't score as well as the forwards. And there's nothing worse than when one of your better possetion winning backs get's a shut down or run with roll on one of the oppositions fwd's. The backs are giving me a headache this year.

GinoGod

i agree with korza but the players like kennelly and malceski etcccc dont need to pull big scores just 60 or 70 to rise in price and then tradeable. Malceski is capableof pulling big scores so might turn out to b a keeper and aventually the last spot in defence

maddhawker

i agree with korza on this one i have bombed my backline out and have 3 premium mids and ball and watson. i am not big on any forwards this year other than reiwoldt and aker

GinoGod

u have 3 prem mids plus ball and watson?????

Alex7089

Hodge is my 4th back. I have Hunt as my 7th with Mal and Kennelly ans 5th 6th. I think a team should be even, don't spend to much money all on one position. Get the players because they will perform well. Not because they play in a certain position.

korza

@ Ginogod

If you are thinking of scores of 60-70 as being enough to warrant a  significant price increase then you are wrong.
Sure one may come out of the pack and ave 70-80 however i cannot see 3 or 4 of them doing it.
I agree the only one capable is Malceski, barring injury.

GinoGod

yes malceski is capable but other dont need that average to increase...a score of 50 for hunt,ladson, kenelly will still increase in price

korza

Not enough rise to warrant a waste a trade to upgrade.

GinoGod

if u think there going to be waste of trade dont put them in ur team then