Main Menu

Bootsma to be sacked

Started by Ricochet, June 03, 2014, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Mat0369

The sad thing with Boots is he showed a lot of potential in his first season. I was at his first game against the Giants and he was cheered loudly every time he went near the ball. The next week Carlton played the Dees and he went hard at a contest colliding with Brad Green right below me. Green ended up going off the ground with broken ribs and didn't return. To see a guy of his size recklessly throw himself in harms way was brilliant. He had a nice run of games before he was eventually dropped after the Hawthorn game. He was abused physically by the bigger bodied Hawk opponents and Carlton were forced to sub him at HT he was struggling that bad. The next year there was the infamous run of games, this year he has played VFL all year, every time I have checked out a game he just looks like he couldn't give a flying F and didn't want to be there. His head is obviously not in it which sucks, his disposal was pretty good, he had decent pace, he read the ball well, he was hard at it, he just struggled physically on bigger opponents and obviously mentally. He could have been a very handy player if he was used in the right situation.

blue

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 04, 2014, 01:54:48 AM
The sad thing with Boots is he showed a lot of potential in his first season. I was at his first game against the Giants and he was cheered loudly every time he went near the ball. The next week Carlton played the Dees and he went hard at a contest colliding with Brad Green right below me. Green ended up going off the ground with broken ribs and didn't return. To see a guy of his size recklessly throw himself in harms way was brilliant. He had a nice run of games before he was eventually dropped after the Hawthorn game. He was abused physically by the bigger bodied Hawk opponents and Carlton were forced to sub him at HT he was struggling that bad. The next year there was the infamous run of games, this year he has played VFL all year, every time I have checked out a game he just looks like he couldn't give a flying F and didn't want to be there. His head is obviously not in it which sucks, his disposal was pretty good, he had decent pace, he read the ball well, he was hard at it, he just struggled physically on bigger opponents and obviously mentally. He could have been a very handy player if he was used in the right situation.

Should never of cut his hair

Mat0369

I am just watching the replay of 360, it was a accumulation of things and apparently there was a teenage girl involved in the photos Bootsma sent out, hence the sacking.

Capper

So he is dating a teenager, got her pregnant and her mother dobbed him in.

Well done there champ, classy!!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: tabs on June 04, 2014, 01:29:29 PM

The mother of the girl he sent the pic to dobbed him in, not his pregnant partners mother. :)

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 04, 2014, 01:42:58 PM

The mother of the girl he sent the pic to dobbed him in, not his pregnant partners mother. :)
Article?

Capper

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 04, 2014, 01:42:58 PM

That makes him even more classy.

Capper

kilbluff1985

Oh well there's one player I can easily delist from my BXV team

Vinny