Started by nostradamus, May 28, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on May 31, 2014, 04:51:59 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 31, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 31, 2014, 01:19:05 PM
Whelp, forgot the emergencies again... 

Gonna need one for Stratton.

Just had a look and we only have two players named this round to pick emergencies from and one of them - Brodie Murdoch (fwd) had already played. Looks like it's Bontempelli OOP for us!

But it's already lock out?

EXV isn't rolling lockout  ???

Yeah, this is odd...
It would help if this competition had some clear rules somewhere and the admins were easily contactable or active... just sayin' (no disrespect to Spink and Holz, they do a good job).

Can someone at least explain to the new guy what actually happens in this scenario?

Named Stratton and forgot to name emergencies of which we only had two - Murdoch and Bontempelli. I'm aware there's no rolling lockout, but I just assumed that since Murdoch already played that we wouldn't be able to use him...

Clarification would be genuinely helpful.

LaHug

Quote from: NigeyS on May 31, 2014, 04:57:27 PM

Just had a look and we only have two players named this round to pick emergencies from and one of them - Brodie Murdoch (fwd) had already played. Looks like it's Bontempelli OOP for us!

Yeah, this is odd...
It would help if this competition had some clear rules somewhere and the admins were easily contactable or active... just sayin' (no disrespect to Spink and Holz, they do a good job).

Can someone at least explain to the new guy what actually happens in this scenario?

Named Stratton and forgot to name emergencies of which we only had two - Murdoch and Bontempelli. I'm aware there's no rolling lockout, but I just assumed that since Murdoch already played that we wouldn't be able to use him...

I think the rule in the past has been that, if you forget to name your team (whole or part), you get the same team from last game. What were your emergencies last game?

Just saying, I have no problem with you getting Bontempelli, I just want clear and consistent rules.

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on May 31, 2014, 05:09:10 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 31, 2014, 04:57:27 PM

Yeah, this is odd...

I think the rule in the past has been that, if you forget to name your team (whole or part), you get the same team from last game. What were your emergencies last game?

Just saying, I have no problem with you getting Bontempelli, I just want clear and consistent rules.
Well, if I get the same team from last round, that's supposed to be a 'penalty' or sorts yeah? But surely that shouldn't be the case seeing as I did actually name the XV which is the main part of the team.

I'll have to check the team from Round 5, but I know that if we do get that team, it'll be a similar problem.

Oh, and I totally agree on the clear and consistent rules thing.

Vinny

Nige, I reckon you should get whichever emergencies you had last game.

Not naming the full team is on you, sorry man.

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on May 31, 2014, 05:15:44 PM

Two of my emergencies last week aren't even named (Buntine, Cassisi) and even if I use the one that is, I'll still only have like 12 players this week (if I'm being punished with last week's team).

Not even being able to name 18 players most weeks is really starting to annoy me tbh and the lack of rules just makes it worse as I have nothing to reference in such a situation. 

Vinny

Then I think you should keep last weeks emergency and this weeks starting team.

If you forget to name emergencies you shouldn't have the option of choosing one mid round.

Not trying to screw you, just a matter of making sure rules apply to everyone.

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on May 31, 2014, 05:25:45 PM
Then I think you should keep last weeks emergency and this weeks starting team.

If you forget to name emergencies you shouldn't have the option of choosing one mid round.

Not trying to screw you, just a matter of making sure rules apply to everyone.
I'm happy for us to just play 14 players this round and not have anybody come in for Stratton, it's not like it's going to make any difference. This team is less competitive than the Giants in the AFL as CF pointed out a round or two ago.

Vinny

You still have some solid players who are young, you can turn things around.

A good offseason with some good trades and you can easily become competitive again.

Not really your fault you were given a previously uncared for team. (No offence Hawka haha)

Nige

Quote from: Vinny on May 31, 2014, 05:31:52 PM
You still have some solid players who are young, you can turn things around.

A good offseason with some good trades and you can easily become competitive again.

Not really your fault you were given a previously uncared for team. (No offence Hawka haha)
Eh, I knew the challenge ahead when I signed up to co-coach with Hawka.

The team has a future, but 2016/2017 in a long wait, especially when you have to endure weeks like these (I celebrated like it was my birthday when I remembered Rhys Palmer was a forward and I didn't have to play an OOP player).

It's still Hawka's team and I know he loves it, so I don't wanna go trading half the team just to make it decent. I'll chat to him about if he ever gets back to me on Facebook (messaged him about the team on Wednesday I think it was, no reply yet).

I had to do something similar with the Rams (then Lobsters) in BXVs, but the difference is that they were my team from when I took over towards the end of last season, whereas I've come in to help Hawka more than anything else.

Vinny

Yeah fair enough, I wouldn't want to trade either. I think you need to trade hard and try get some more mature aged players.
I made the mistake of chasing too much youth when I first took over the Owls in BXV but made up for it towards the end. I'm sure Hawka will still be for making the team better even though he may have some favourites there.

By the way Garlett lining up as I'm typing. ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: NigeyS on May 31, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

Two of my emergencies last week aren't even named (Buntine, Cassisi) and even if I use the one that is, I'll still only have like 12 players this week (if I'm being punished with last week's team).

Not even being able to name 18 players most weeks is really starting to annoy me tbh and the lack of rules just makes it worse as I have nothing to reference in such a situation.

I think what you guys need to do is sit on your mids for a bit, then offload some of the excess talent to fix up your other lines.

Nige

Quote from: Ziplock on May 31, 2014, 06:33:44 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 31, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

I think what you guys need to do is sit on your mids for a bit, then offload some of the excess talent to fix up your other lines.
That's pretty much the plan I've devised, but obviously it's just a waiting game. The defense and mids are actually okay imo, but the forwards and rucks need some work (personally not a huge Daw, Currie or Vardy guy).

Nige

Ha wow, how's the luck? Another forward pops up as named. Hurley a late out for the Bombers so Daniher places him. To think I was worried about our forwards at the start of the week more than our backs...  :P

Nails

Rhys Palmer is a forward?

I been stuck playing him mids in AXVIIIS.

What is he? M/F?

Justin Bieber

Yeah, if a team is failed to be named, get the same one from last week. Think if some aren't playing, get others from your list to come in at like 1/4 points if I remember correctly (or may be getting it mixed up with Worlds here). It's strict which means have to be on the ball.

And Wingard :'(.