Main Menu

Richmond roaring or reeling?

Started by Ziplock, May 20, 2014, 04:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Yeah I agree Zip Patton/Boyd/Cameron need to play forward I don't think they can be used down back as it is a waste of talent, and as shown by Cameron's efforts down there on the weekend he just looked lost and lacking intensity. But doesn't excuse him playing up & looking as disinterested as he did.

Trade one of them for a KPD would be a very smart move IMO.

Ziplock

Like, we started off the season well enough, and while our form's been shocking, you can see a pattern with our injuries.

Pre-season injury: Mohr

Round 1: Sydney, +32
Injuries: Davis, Palmer

Round 2: St Kilda, -7

Round 3: Melbourne: +32
Injuries: Mumford, Smith

Round 4: WBD, -27
Injuries: Hoskin-Elliott (played following week)

Round 5: Adelaide, -55
Injuries: Ward, Frost (both played following week)

Round 6: Gold Coast: -40

Round 7: Port Adelaide, -45
Injuries: Hampton, Treloar

Round 8: WCE, -111
Injuries: Haynes, Greene

Round 10: Richmond, -113

I really just think the hackline (hahaha, legit typo, but I'll leave it :P ) injuries have piled up on our talls- both the absolute smashings have come with our last starting tall going down.

Quote from: tabs on May 26, 2014, 06:45:11 PM
Davis was the biggest one you missed and have missed most of the season

Him going down was crushing, especially after such a solid performance in round one

Quote from: Toga on May 26, 2014, 06:55:27 PM
Yeah I agree Zip Patton/Boyd/Cameron need to play forward I don't think they can be used down back as it is a waste of talent, and as shown by Cameron's efforts down there on the weekend he just looked lost and lacking intensity. But doesn't excuse him playing up & looking as disinterested as he did.

I actually didn't see the game, so I can't comment on Cameron's interest... that being said, it's really disorienting playing in a position you're not used to, especially if you're not happy about it- honestly though I don't know if we had much of a choice- we were playing gilham, corr... frost was dropped after getting smashed by kennedy. Giles/ Mumford were rotating through the ruck/ forward, Mohr's still underdone and Davis/ Haynes injured as well as Boyd.

Our other remaining talls- Downie, Golds, Jaksch, Lobb, McCarthy, Phillips, Plowman, Stewart.

None of those players are really AFL ready- I can see why Patton and Cameron were both tried in defence.

Ziplock

When fit, I actually think we have a reasonable backline with Davis, Mohr, Haynes, Hampton, Kennedy, Shaw, Bugg
With older players like Hunt, Gilham and developing players like the ones I named above.

Capper

The fact the Shaw had to play on JROO for a half hurt your outlet from the backline on the weekend as well

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on May 26, 2014, 07:05:54 PM

I actually didn't see the game, so I can't comment on Cameron's interest... that being said, it's really disorienting playing in a position you're not used to, especially if you're not happy about it- honestly though I don't know if we had much of a choice- we were playing gilham, corr... frost was dropped after getting smashed by kennedy. Giles/ Mumford were rotating through the ruck/ forward, Mohr's still underdone and Davis/ Haynes injured as well as Boyd.

Our other remaining talls- Downie, Golds, Jaksch, Lobb, McCarthy, Phillips, Plowman, Stewart.

None of those players are really AFL ready- I can see why Patton and Cameron were both tried in defence.

Yeah I know what you mean man but are these blokes playing for the guernsey or for themselves? If you were truly playing for the club you would be doing what the club needs you to do, and playing where the team needs you to play! I understand you were undermanned down back but yeah Cameron could've done better IMO. Gaz & Damo discuss him on access all areas from 6:27 till about the 7:00 mark, and it shows some of the footage I was talking about.

And yeah as you say you're undermanned down back but look at those tall forward stocks you have now: JC, Patton, Boyd, Giles, Jaksch, McCarthy, plus all the other rucks etc that can play forward. The only way to fix this is to trade for another key defender using the currency you have!!

kilbluff1985

random info

the GWS reserves side smashed the GC reserve side by some crazy amount on the weekend i forget how much nut was over 100 i think and Lamb kicked 6 goals and O' Rourke got plenty of it so those 2 expected to come in this week

i agree they need to trade Patton or Boyd for a KPD that's not old

Capper

Will Cameron miss a week for the punch??

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tabs on May 26, 2014, 07:16:58 PM

reprimand if pleads guilty

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 26, 2014, 07:16:18 PM
random info

the GWS reserves side smashed the GC reserve side by some crazy amount on the weekend i forget how much nut was over 100 i think and Lamb kicked 6 goals and O' Rourke got plenty of it so those 2 expected to come in this week

More than half of the Gold Coast reserves team isn't on the Gold Coast list and they get smashed by all the NEAFL sides so its not really new

Ziplock

random info

it was like 191 or something ridiculous

Quote from: Toga on May 26, 2014, 07:15:22 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 26, 2014, 07:05:54 PM

Yeah I know what you mean man but are these blokes playing for the guernsey or for themselves? If you were truly playing for the club you would be doing what the club needs you to do, and playing where the team needs you to play! I understand you were undermanned down back but yeah Cameron could've done better IMO. Gaz & Damo discuss him on access all areas from 6:27 till about the 7:00 mark, and it shows some of the footage I was talking about.

And yeah as you say you're undermanned down back but look at those tall forward stocks you have now: JC, Patton, Boyd, Giles, Jaksch, McCarthy, plus all the other rucks etc that can play forward. The only way to fix this is to trade for another key defender using the currency you have!!

As I said, I think our best talls are more than adequate- all three of them just happen to be injured, and we have plenty developing... that being said, we do have an excess of tall forwards, and assuming we retain giles, one of boyd/ patton should probably be traded. 

We don't really know what was fulling going on with cameron this game either.

Quote from: tabs on May 26, 2014, 07:16:58 PM

not sure, depends on the impact grading. If it's graded as low, body, intentional (which I think it was), it'll be a 125 points, so should get off with an early plea

CrowsFan

random info

191 points to be exact. Final score was 210-19!

But to be fair to the Suns, they only had 11 listed players playing for them in that match. So half a team really.

Ziplock

Quote from: Honey Badger on May 26, 2014, 07:31:43 PM
random info

191 points to be exact. Final score was 210-19!

But to be fair to the Suns, they only had 11 listed players playing for them in that match. So half a team really.

yeah, I was just about to say that, I think the entire giants side was afl listed in contrast.