Main Menu

Scotland to retire at season's end

Started by Ricochet, May 20, 2014, 02:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

SuperFooty (AFL) ‏@superfooty  13m
BREAKING: @CarltonFC veteran Heath Scotland will retire at season's end due to a "degenerative issue in his ankle".

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/5/carlton-blues-veteran-heath-scotland-has-announced-his-afl-retirement/

Carlton veteran Heath Scotland has announced he will retire from football at the end of the season.

The 33-year-old has been placed on the long-term injury list due to a degenerative ankle issue and may have already played his last AFL game as a result.

Scotland has played 215 games for the Blues to go with the 53 he racked up for Collingwood for a combined total of 268 across 16 seasons.

The defender has spent the last 11 seasons at Carlton since crossing there at the end of 2003 from the Magpies where he made his league debut in 1999.

"I will forever be indebted to the club for taking me on. I hope I was able to repay their faith in me," Scotland said of Carlton on Tuesday.

Mat0369

:(

He and Waite are my two favourite players at the club

Vinny

Mat0369

Lap of honour during the Crows game. I think I am going to go

tbagrocks

would have been a valuable player in a top side, good luck mate!

Wondering now if the youngster who is a big boy, bigger than Couch and Dunstan, Cripps will get more games soon? ???

Mat0369

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 20, 2014, 07:09:15 PM
would have been a valuable player in a top side, good luck mate!

Wondering now if the youngster who is a big boy, bigger than Couch and Dunstan, Cripps will get more games soon? ???

Busted leg so not for a while

Nige

Was a good player, bit unfortunate that things had to end so abruptly.

T Dog

I remember a couple of sensational dream team years.... ;D......then nuthin... :'(

RiOtChEsS

his interview sounded as tho he was retiring effective immediately ???

Nige

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 21, 2014, 01:20:04 PM
I think he is.

Kellogscrunchynut

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 21, 2014, 01:20:04 PM

He is on the clubs injury list for the rest of the year (Prob allows them to elevate a rookie) but he is done, wont play another game

He was a very reliable and solid player, as Dennis would call him "Scotland the brave" lol

Mat0369

Outsiders really underrate Heath Scotland. He was elite in his position, an elite kick on both feet and never took a backward step from a contest. Even when Carlton were a finals side he was still in our best players week in week out.

RiOtChEsS

yeah absolutely agree, always hit targets off half back on either side of his body!!

was a lock in DT for about 4 years out of the backline too :)