Main Menu

Where did it all go wrong?

Started by Nige, May 18, 2014, 09:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quinny i'm pretty sure you could upgrade Miles now for King then in 8 weeks again for the extra spot clubs get

i think anyway

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 19, 2014, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on May 19, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
The thing is last year a lot of our less talented players were playing well, winning premierships is about the bottom 6 players on the ground playing better than the oppositions bottoms 6.
This is the key point, a number of Tigers had career best years last year and/or played above themselves and this year they have either plateaud or gone backwards.

It is/was a similar situation to the Crows 2012-13 and the Hawks 2008-09 which results in a major drop down the ladder.

Richmond also don't have the depth that they can afford to have players like Maric and Deledio on the sidelines.
This is true, there is quite evidently a gap between the top guys at the club and the next lot of players. We need that gap to be bridged sooner rather than later to be truly competitive. We've just been incredibly exposed through injuries to keep players like Ivan, Lids and even Rance down back.

quinny88

The bottom 6 are mostly kids this year so can't expect much more from them.
It's about the 2nd tier players standing up.
Too much reliance on Cotch, Lids, Dusty, Jack, Rance and Ivan. You know what you will get from those guys most weeks but it's up to the next tier players to go up a level. Conca, Ellis, Vickery, Grimes, Titch etc. they just aren't doing it. Need a rocket up their ass

Capper

either way you stand by team hey Nige  :-\

Barra13

I'm a Dees suppporter here, so I won't know a decent amount about the middle/lower end guys in your team. But, I must say I agree that is where the issue lies. What happened to the guys like Ellis and Morris? They were firing last year and even Ellis was looking like a top rebounder running off half back I think he played. They just don't seem to have that run they use to have in my eyes.

Vinny

Please Richmond, don't drop Lloyd. Please.

Thanks.

quinny88

Quote from: Barra13 on May 19, 2014, 06:28:58 PM
I'm a Dees suppporter here, so I won't know a decent amount about the middle/lower end guys in your team. But, I must say I agree that is where the issue lies. What happened to the guys like Ellis and Morris? They were firing last year and even Ellis was looking like a top rebounder running off half back I think he played. They just don't seem to have that run they use to have in my eyes.

What you see is what you get with someone like Morris. Always gives 110% and plays like a maniac but will never be a star.

The players I want to see a rise from are..
-Ellis has gone cold when I predicted him to be our b&f this year after a massive pre season and such a good year last year.
-People keep telling me Conca is a jet but I'm yet to see it. Been the same for 3 years now.
-Vickery has still not gone to even a competitive level let alone broken out. Patience running out with him.
-Shane Edwards has always looked like he COULD become a really deadly forward like a Luke Breust type but it's just not happening.
-Grimes gets in form then gets injured every few weeks.
Those guys are the next level and in the age group where they need to go to the next level. If they did we would be in the 8.

quinny88

Quote from: Vinny on May 19, 2014, 06:51:17 PM

Thanks.

If they just drop kids to bring in more kids rather than dropping guys like Grigg and Vickery I will be fuming

Vinny

Quote from: quinny88 on May 19, 2014, 06:57:10 PM
Quote from: Vinny on May 19, 2014, 06:51:17 PM

Thanks.

If they just drop kids to bring in more kids rather than dropping guys like Grigg and Vickery I will be fuming
Hope you are right man, I need him to play this week.

tbagrocks

What I notice is similar to what we saw at Adelaide and West Coast, just not enough hunger and determination

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 19, 2014, 06:59:21 PM
What I notice is similar to what we saw at Adelaide and West Coast, just not enough hunger and determination

Agreed. Sometimes people want to make out that there is more wrong than there actually is but the most underrated thing in football is confidence and when you're low on it things turn to shower pretty quick.

Vinny

If you were to estimate how many of the remaining 13 games Lloyd will play, how many would you say?

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on May 19, 2014, 06:56:16 PM
Quote from: Barra13 on May 19, 2014, 06:28:58 PM

What you see is what you get with someone like Morris. Always gives 110% and plays like a maniac but will never be a star.

The players I want to see a rise from are..
-Ellis has gone cold when I predicted him to be our b&f this year after a massive pre season and such a good year last year.
-People keep telling me Conca is a jet but I'm yet to see it. Been the same for 3 years now.
-Vickery has still not gone to even a competitive level let alone broken out. Patience running out with him.
-Shane Edwards has always looked like he COULD become a really deadly forward like a Luke Breust type but it's just not happening.
-Grimes gets in form then gets injured every few weeks.
Those guys are the next level and in the age group where they need to go to the next level. If they did we would be in the 8.
I personally think Conca has been one of the better performers so far this season.

And Titch isn't at the level I'd like him to be either, but again, I think he's been a lot better than some others so far. He really did well the other week after coming on as sub and was definitely one of the better players last week in the loss to the Dees.

Quote from: Vinny on May 19, 2014, 07:11:46 PM
If you were to estimate how many of the remaining 13 games Lloyd will play, how many would you say?
Your guess is as good as mine.

It's likely going to depend on form. We've seen Nathan Gordon dropped because of form, so Sam Lloyd is likely on the same track (didn't have a good game vs the Dees).

kilbluff1985

i think Lloyd's effort was there it's hard for forwards if the teams not playing well

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 19, 2014, 10:14:01 PM
i think Lloyd's effort was there it's hard for forwards if the teams not playing well
True. Not sure though, might be interesting. He could retain his place through lack of better options.