Started by Vinny, May 06, 2014, 05:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Is Blaine Boekhorst gonna be as prominent as Brock McLean on Twitter? :P

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on December 01, 2014, 06:14:05 PM

#lad

Hahaha that's gold.
Can you imagine the first time Mick gives him a spray? He will bottle it up and then let loose one day and it will all come out
"WHY DIDNT YOU F****ING CHASE!?... OH AND I HAVENT FORGOT ABOUT THE F***ING TWEETS!"

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Vinny on November 28, 2014, 06:23:02 PM
Fair enough. That'd be awesome.

All we need now is Paul Roos. :P

So I've been doing some reading about these guys we drafted and spoke to Ric about Boekhorst. The reading I did was on BigFooty. There is mainly spastics on there but a few people know their stuff about these picks. Worth a read.

Doesn't look too bad actually, we did miss out on some other guns but I'm reading about Clem Smith & Jayden Foster is decent. McKenzie is the only one I'm really disappointed about, but really, there has to be a reason he went so low. Especially considering many thought he was going Pick 30.

I think the only reason Clem Smith even got that deep into the draft is he was under an injury cloud. Back injuries are not fun to fix. But if you get him fixed up he will be a gem.

Ricochet

Quote from: Pkbaldy on December 01, 2014, 06:21:39 PM

So I've been doing some reading about these guys we drafted and spoke to Ric about Boekhorst. The reading I did was on BigFooty. There is mainly spastics on there but a few people know their stuff about these picks. Worth a read.

Doesn't look too bad actually, we did miss out on some other guns but I'm reading about Clem Smith & Jayden Foster is decent. McKenzie is the only one I'm really disappointed about, but really, there has to be a reason he went so low. Especially considering many thought he was going Pick 30.

I think the only reason Clem Smith even got that deep into the draft is he was under an injury cloud. Back injuries are not fun to fix. But if you get him fixed up he will be a gem.
and the fact that he's fat

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on December 01, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

Just a little tubby.  :P

elephants

Not fat, just produced a 'higher than usual skin-fold reading' :P

Mat0369

During the draft, when we drafted Clem Smith I had no idea who it was and clicked on his pic

Then I made a comment that said he looked like the fat version of this guy

Then I read this today somewhere

Quote"Everyone is saying Byron Pickett. I had a look on youtube about him - yeah, definitely there is a similarity there," Smith said on Monday.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl/afl-news/new-blue-clem-smith-channels-byron-picketts-toughness-20141201-11xmp3.html

Turns out I am not the only one

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on December 01, 2014, 06:27:05 PM

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on December 01, 2014, 06:36:20 PM
Quote from: elephants on December 01, 2014, 06:27:05 PM

haha that is a ripper

Vinny

Personally, I think it's fine. You expect your supporters to be passionate, yes slightly awkward but it's not even a big deal. But it's pretty funny haha.

I'm also starting to warm to the guys we drafted after doing some more reading and watching some highlights. The only thing is I'd prefer if we had used another draft pick on McKenzie. He has his fair share of critics though, hope they are right and he doesn't prove them wrong. :P

quinny88

Quote from: Vinny on December 01, 2014, 07:39:50 PM
Personally, I think it's fine. You expect your supporters to be passionate, yes slightly awkward but it's not even a big deal. But it's pretty funny haha.

I'm also starting to warm to the guys we drafted after doing some more reading and watching some highlights. The only thing is I'd prefer if we had used another draft pick on McKenzie. He has his fair share of critics though, hope they are right and he doesn't prove them wrong. :P

He's gonna kick 10 against you lot in round 1 Vin ;)
Haha nah in all honesty it sounds like he needs a bit of conditioning.
May not play in his first year

Vinny

Haha I think I'd cry, hopefully he isn't played once and spends the whole year turning into a machine then requests a trade to Carlton. 8)

kilbluff1985

Vinny

Murphy, Gibbs, Rowe, Jamo & Henderson for those who cbf clicking.

Simmo, Walker, Carazzo and McLean leaving the group.

T Dog

Quote from: Vinny on December 02, 2014, 09:51:53 PM
Murphy, Gibbs, Rowe, Jamo & Henderson for those who cbf clicking.

Simmo, Walker, Carazzo and McLean leaving the group.

Is this the replacement committee for Mick?   :o