Started by Vinny, May 06, 2014, 05:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Ricochet

Vinny

Master Q

Vinny

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-05-21/judds-return-delayed

Veteran midfielder Chris Judd's return from a hamstring injury might be delayed by a week, but Carlton coach Mick Malthouse says there's no reason for concern.

Judd will not play on Sunday against Adelaide and the Blues remain uncertain if he will be available for selection the following week against the Brisbane Lions.

One week later, VFL is a possibility, as long as he comes back all good and worry free, I'll be happy. :)

Vinny

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bryce-gibbs-to-resign-with-carlton-for-up-to-five-years-20140521-zrjw8.html

Bryce Gibbs to re-sign with Carlton for up to five years

Bryce Gibbs and Carlton have committed to one another, with the free agent midfielder to sign a long-term contract of either four or five seasons. They are in the final throes of agreeing a contract, with the only question being whether the term is for four years, which the club is happy to give, or five.

Carlton's view is a fifth year should be more conditional, or involve a little less money.
Gibbs is expected to receive only a small raise on what he is currently paid, with an annual wage in the $550,000 to $600,000 range, with potential to earn slightly more depending on how he performs.

Keeping Gibbs at 550k a year for 5 years?!

I'll be stoked with that! :D Glad he isn't asking for 700k+

Mat0369

550K is brilliant to keep Gibbs.

Ricochet

Mat0369

I just booked my ticket for the game tomorrow. I am breaking the ban to go for Scotty's lap of honor. I miss having my membership when looking at the ticket prices

Vinny

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2014, 03:17:21 PM
I just booked my ticket for the game tomorrow. I am breaking the ban to go for Scotty's lap of honor. I miss having my membership when looking at the ticket prices
Haha explain the ban.

Mat0369

Quote from: Vinny on May 24, 2014, 03:19:25 PM
Haha explain the ban.

I haven't been to a game since Ratten was sacked/Malthouse was named coach. I'll get my membership again when Malthouse is no longer the coach. The only exceptions are retirement games/laps of honour for Waite, Judd and Carrots.

Vinny

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2014, 03:24:59 PM
Haha explain the ban.

I haven't been to a game since Ratten was sacked/Malthouse was named coach. I'll get my membership again when Malthouse is no longer the coach. The only exceptions are retirement games/laps of honour for Waite, Judd and Carrots.
Hahaha extreme but Mick is a flowerwit.

Mat0369

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 24, 2014, 03:24:59 PM
Haha explain the ban.

Haha wow. Thats huge. Even if he turns you into a top 4 team?

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on May 25, 2014, 01:45:38 PM
Haha wow. Thats huge. Even if he turns you into a top 4 team?

Yup. Top 4 or not, I just disagreed with how the club handled the whole situation and don't feel right buying a membership knowing he is coach. I have gone over the reasons I didn't agree a couple of times in various threads.

In Pagan's last year a lot of our members didn't buy memberships in protest of him being coach after the whole Barry Mitchell fiasco. I know quite a few people that when they called to renew their memberships they said when the coach is sacked and hung up. the difference between Carlton now and then is we had no money. Pratt wasn't the president yet and we were struggling both on and off the field. They couldn't afford to let Pagan go because they didn't have the money. I didn't exactly agree with their methods back then but I can see why they did it. Considering we are not on the verge of folding I am happy to protest with my money, it probably doesn't mean a hell of a lot in the grand scheme of things, but oh well.

I am about to go to the game, I am getting there when the gates open at 2.30 so I don't miss the lap of honour. The club has a tendency of scheduling this things rather early, so I am not taking any risks in missing it. I remember there was one game we did one of these a few years back, I turned up an hour early to find that they had done it 30 minutes prior. With the 150th celebrations who knows when they plan on doing it.