The Ablett and Swan theory

Started by chrisuzz, March 13, 2010, 12:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisuzz

this is not my theory and im not claiming it as mine

theres no need to get ablett or swan, you can get someone like selwood or didak who only average 15 points less and free up $70 grand which then you could upgrade 3 other players to players who average 15 more and hence you gain 30 more points.

same goes for goddard, you can get sam fisher who averages 18 points less than goddard but also free up $80,000 which you can use to upgrade other players and gain more points.

i follow this theory bag it as much as you want but it is a good theory

gerco

CFC 1979

huh

who's on first  ??? what's on second  ???

chrisuzz

YEP! ;D

I just put this on because it annoys the hell out of me when people have Swan and Ablett in there team

Quotehuh

sorry i dont get what your trying to say

MachSung

Your theory is good, but if you put Ablett/Swan Captain, it is most likely they will score very well.

ossie85

Quote from: chrisuzz on March 13, 2010, 12:16:57 PM

theres no need to get ablett or swan, you can get someone like selwood or didak who only average 15 points less and free up $70 grand which then you could upgrade 3 other players to players who average 15 more and hence you gain 30 more points.

same goes for goddard, you can get sam fisher who averages 18 points less than goddard but also free up $80,000 which you can use to upgrade other players and gain more points.

So, you say you can downgrade Ablett and Swan to Selwood and Didak, and lose 30 points and gain $70k.

You then use this $70k to make upgrades worth 45 points in total.

Unfortunately, your forgetting about Captaincy, and therefore your actually losing 45 points to gain 45 points. So yay, you've broken even in the analysis you've given.

But, to each their own.

chrisuzz

but this risk of having Ablett and/or Swan is it may force you to play rookies in positions where you dont need to

CFC 1979

Quote from: chrisuzz on March 13, 2010, 12:37:54 PM
YEP! ;D

I just put this on because it annoys the hell out of me when people have Swan and Ablett in there team

Quotehuh

sorry i dont get what your trying to say

my head hurts thinking about it. the theory will work but you need to put a lot of time in finding those players. not too mention what if's - what if said player does or does not meet his average. what if GAJ and SWAN have same/better year as last year.

thats basically what this game is - what if's

ossie85

Quote from: chrisuzz on March 13, 2010, 12:49:43 PM
but this risk of having Ablett and/or Swan is it may force you to play rookies in positions where you dont need to

But rookies make you money, and there aren't many in the backline and forward line.

Prospector_1

this is not my theory and im not claiming it as mine.

Eh hem, my name is Anne Elk. Not an elk, as you might think, but Miss A. Elk. My name is Anne Elk, and this is my theory.

"My theory, by A. Elk. This is the start of my theory, and it is a theory which is mine. That is to say, I made it."

??? It's an OK theory, but it doesn't work. ???

ossie85

Your mother is a hamster prospector  :D :D

valkorum

and his father smelled of elderberries

Cicjose

is there anyone else up there we can talk to?

all the rookies this year are in the midfield so i would pick both then use the rest of the spots to pick rookies

chich94

bro, this is my theory  :P

this is the way i go about dt, i may win, i may loose, just my opinion