Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Barra13 on July 29, 2015, 04:07:37 PM
Alex Neal-Bullen 40 disposals 18 kicks 22 handballs 5 marks 8 tackles 140 dream team points
Get him back in

Purple 77

Dayum, ANB!

Was surprised Stretch was ahead of him tbh.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 29, 2015, 05:38:47 PM
Dayum, ANB!

Was surprised Stretch was ahead of him tbh.

They kind of play different roles though

I'd like to see ANB get a run in the mids. Even if it is only for a qtr

ANB probably comes in for Stretch, although Brayshaw needs a rest and Harmes will probably head back to the VFL soon

Purple 77

Interesting to see that hack Damien Barrett brought up the Prestia rumour...

If anything that discourages me, coz anything he reports is utter garbage.

Purple 77

A bit of gold from Demonland today...

When I heard about Brisbane potentially asking for a priority pick, I thought well... pretty much exactly the OP at Demonland discussing it.

I lost my shower:

Brisbane Lions to consider asking AFL for priority draft pick to rebuild their threadbare list

http://www.heraldsun...0-1227451366387

Laughed so hard  ;D

Grazz

Nice scalp today Dee's and good win.  ;)

ossie85

Well done lads! Deserved win.

But... just because...

Things that happened since the last time the Dees beat the Pies 9 years ago (which was Scott Pendlebury's 2nd match):
- Barack Obama elected
- Purple 77 hit puberty
- Dustin Fletcher was 31
- Global Financial Crisis
- Facebook was made public

I wonder what the world will be like in 2024 when you beat us next :P

But in all seriousness, clearly the better team, well done

My Chumps

Big Mac

Gawn was absolutely knackered on Saturday

Another big challenge for him this week, although Goldy struggled against the height of Sandilands so hopefully Gawn can do some damage

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on August 01, 2015, 05:49:12 PM
Well done lads! Deserved win.

But... just because...

Things that happened since the last time the Dees beat the Pies 9 years ago (which was Scott Pendlebury's 2nd match):
- Barack Obama elected
- Purple 77 hit puberty
- Dustin Fletcher was 31
- Global Financial Crisis
- Facebook was made public

I wonder what the world will be like in 2024 when you beat us next :P

But in all seriousness, clearly the better team, well done

You might finally hit puberty :P

More realistically, I guess ossie13 will  :P

Barra13

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 03, 2015, 08:24:13 AM
Gawn was absolutely knackered on Saturday

Another big challenge for him this week, although Goldy struggled against the height of Sandilands so hopefully Gawn can do some damage

Yeah this week will be a massive test for him. Arguably the best in the comp at the moment and would even be doing pretty well in the Brownlow I reckon.

Quote from: ossie85 on August 01, 2015, 05:49:12 PM
- Purple 77 hit puberty

I lolled.

Barra13

Casey Scorpions 1.6.12 8.7.55 10.8.68 10.9.69
Werribee Tigers 3.2.20 4.5.29 11.10.76 12.10.82

Best: Fitzpatrick Riley Salem White Newton

Rohan Bail 17 disposals 12 kicks 5 handballs 2 marks 8 tackles 81 dream team points
Jack Fitzpatrick 19 disposals 11 kicks 8 handballs 10 marks 77 dream team points
Mark Jamar 1 behind 14 disposals 11 kicks 3 handballs 47 hit outs 84 dream team points
Matt Jones 29 disposals 25 kicks 4 handballs 5 marks 13 tackles 145 dream team points
Jay Kennedy-Harris 6 disposals 3 kicks 3 handballs 9 tackles 48 dream team points
Max King 2 goals 1 behind 6 disposals 5 kicks 1 handball 2 marks 1 tackle 41 dream team points
Jordie McKenzie 20 disposals 12 kicks 8 handballs 1 marks 11 tackles 97 dream team points
Ben Newton 2 goals 1 behind 21 disposals 14 kicks 7 handballs 1 mark 6 tackles 93 dream team points
Aidan Riley 29 disposals 13kicks 16 handballs 2 marks 13 tackles 121 dream team points
Christian Salem 1 goal 14 disposals 8 kicks 6 handballs 1 mark 5 tackles 65 dream team points
Jake Spencer 12 disposals 6 kicks 6 handballs 5 marks 2 tackles 32 hit outs 84 dream team points
Dean Terlich 1 goal 9 disposals 7 kicks 2 handballs 1 mark 2 tackles 39 dream team points
Jimmy Toumpas 1 goal two behinds 15 disposals 7 kicks 8 handballs 3 marks 7 tackles 79 dream team points
Mitch White 18 disposals 12 kicks 6 handballs 3marks 1 tackles 62 dream team points

Purple 77

JKH has been severely disappointing this year.

Barra13

Christian Salem: Was good for Christian to blow out a few more cobwebs.  Clearly still a gallop short of the form he was showing over the first 6 rounds, but I thought he worked into the game well.  Wet hard at the contests and kicked a nice goal.  I'd say he was one of our best in the 2nd half when we didn't have many good players.  And given Melbourne won on the weekend and Casey lost, it wouldn't hurt to give him another run at VFL level, just to make sure he's cherry ripe for the final 4 games.

Jimmy Toumpas: Start of the year, I thought he was in trouble Jimmy.  Then by half way through the season I though he was turning it around, but now I feel he's in trouble again.  Did a few nice things, especially in the 2nd term, and he tried to run hard to create some spread, but he just looked to be lacking any real spark.  He wasn't terrible by any stretch, but he didn't do anything to stake claims for a recall either.  He may be up for trade at years end...

Jordie McKenzie: I feel I write the same things about Jordie every time I watch him at VFL level.  Played pretty well and tried his guts out, but that's all I can really say about Jordie.  He's commited, but just lacks polish as we all know.

Ben Newton: Played very well, and kicked two absolute classic goals which showed he was a touch above.  Just a shame he doesn't do it as consistently at AFL level, but he's clearly got tools worth persisting with.  Would be nice if he could get a little higher numbers at VFL level, but he was still one of our best.

Jay Kennedy-Harris: Odd game for Jay.  I actually think from the coaches point of view, you couldn't be to disapointed with his game, as he did all the sorts of things you want him to be doing.  He chased, tackled and harassed very well I thought.  The problem was he had next to no impact on the game and didn't have many touches at all.  He was putting in, was pretty clear to see.  He just got a big fat 0 on the results side of things for himself.

Aidan Riley: Probably our most consistent player over the 4 Quarters.  Typical Pig Dog game.  Hard as anything and bottom of every pack.  If only he was either an elite kick of had really good pace.  But with neither of those things, he just lets down a lot of his good work.  Had a chance to get us back within 2 points in the final term, only to kick the ball out on the full along with any chances of us getting the win.

Mark Jamar: He and Spencil dominated the first half, but they probably had their colours lowered in the 2nd half by Wallace & Daw, especially Russian.  He was very good in the first half, and was getting a bit of the ball, as he has done the last few weeks.  But in the 2nd half Russian went quiet and that's when Werribee got ontop in the midfield.  The rest in history.  Still think someone will pick him up next year.

Mitch White: Named in the best and not surprising.  He was the main reason for our dominant 2nd term IMO.  His run and drive from the half back line was first class, and set up many of our forward 50 runs.  A lot more attention was paid to him in the 2nd half, but he was still able to get invovled in the play and get a bit of the ball.  Just not to the same effect as the 2nd term.  His defensive work was pretty strong also.

Jake Spencer: See Jamar, however I thought Spencer actually got better as the game went on, and I thought along with Riley, they were our two best in the 2nd half.  His ruck work wasn't the best itself, but he worked really hard around the ground.  Spencil's biggest issue is that he just offers nothing as a forward.  So once King went off, Casey really struggled going forward only having one of Spencer or Jamar to kick to.

Rohan Bail: Like Kennedy-Harris, had no impact, however when he did get the ball, he turned it over a bit.  For me personally, I thought this was Bail's worst game at VFL level that I've seen.

Matt Jones: See Bail comments.  Now to be fair to all of Jones, Bail & Toumpas, it wasn't a game for the outsiders today, but we just got very little value, especially from an impact point of view, even if Matty did get a bit of the ball.

Dean Terlich: Played a very good first half, and when he got hit high in the third term he got up very groggy and came off with concussion never to come back on.  Free kick was missed, instead he was called for holding the ball and Werribee kicked their first of 4 goals from free kicks in the 3rd quarter alone.  So once Terlich came off the game started to change as he was marking and intercepting 50% of the ball that came forward in the first half with Fitz taking the other 50%.

Max King: Was playing nicely.  Had kicked a nice goal from a great pack mark, could have had two first half goals.  Took another strong mark early in the 3rd term when things were looking good.  He then did his hammy and was not spotted again.  I saw him on the bench and he didn't have much strapped to it, so hopefully it's only a minor strain and he'll be back in 2-3 weeks for finals.  But his absence was felt in our forward structure.

Jack Fitzpatrick
: Brought his own footy in the first half.  Was marking everything and looking a world beater.  Barely sighted in the 2nd half and his man actually kicked a couple on him also.  Think he's got a future Fitz, just not with us as he'll likely seek greener pastures.  I actually hope we give him a few games before seasons end to boost us his price as someone may score a key position defender on the cheap from us with Fitz.

Purple 77

I thought that was the MFC review for a minute, so I was pretty surprised that the VFL coach would say Jimmy would be up for trade EOS :P

He missed the guy I care most about, Jayden Hunt  :-\

That's the second raving review I've heard in a row for Mitch White...