Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Ah Mark Neeld, dark days in Melbourne's history.

Grufflez

A bad club culture and system breeds players who never reach their full potential, Roosy is helping change this, some of these poorer preforming teams over the last few decades just kept sacking coaches rather than the higher ups recruiters ectectect rather than taking responsibility for not being good at their job.

I want Melbourne (the home of football + one of the first 2 clubs) succeed  :)

Wow had to fix up a few spelling errors + words just completely left out lol.

Barra13

Quote from: Grufflez on February 18, 2015, 06:31:22 PM
A bad club culture and system breeds players who never reach their full potential, Roosy is helping change this, some of these poorer preforming teams over the last few decades just kept sacking coaches rather than the higher ups recruiters ectectect taking responsibility for not being good at their job.

I wanna Melbourne (the home of football + one of the first 2 clubs) succeed  :)

He certainly has turned some players around thats for sure. Pederson, Jetta and Dunn have made massive improvements from the Neeld era.

Ricochet

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-03-10/all-clear-on-hogan-foot-scans

SCANS on Jesse Hogan's foot have cleared the Melbourne forward of injury but he remains in doubt for this Saturday's NAB Challenge game against the Western Bulldogs in Ballarat.

The 20-year-old sent a scare through the Demons' camp when an opponent stood on his foot late in Thursday night's NAB Challenge game against Fremantle.

He then missed training on Monday as the club held him back until his foot was properly assessed to ensure there were no underlying issues.

However football manager Josh Mahoney said the club was pleased with the results.

"He had scans this morning which cleared him of any significant injury and he will be assessed to be available to play this week," Mahoney told AFL.com.au.

The club will continue to monitor his progress during the week to determine his availability for Saturday's game.

Barra13

I saw that on another thread and the title read Jesse Hogan foot scan. I thought that'd flowering be right. Good to know its all good.

Purple 77

I had no idea about it until I saw the article :P my thought process within 1 second was: OH shower... ARRGHH.... OOHHH... Not even worried.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 10, 2015, 05:38:59 PM
I had no idea about it until I saw the article :P my thought process within 1 second was: OH shower... ARRGHH.... OOHHH... Not even worried.

I went through the exact same emotions lol

My Chumps

Imagine if Petrecca and Hogan both went down for the season  :-X

Big Mac

Quote from: My Chumps on March 11, 2015, 01:18:45 PM

If Hogan gets injured again I will be holding you solely responsible. There may or may not be a hit squad sent directly to your house.

Nige

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 11, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

If Hogan gets injured again I will be holding you solely responsible. There may or may not be a hit squad sent directly to your house.
Yeah, none of that devil's advocate stuff around here.

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 11, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

There may or may not be two hit squads.

Barra13

Hit squad? I'd personally be there myself.

nrich102

Paul Roos also may be there  ;)

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-12/dees-lock-in-brayshaw

LAST year's No.3 draft pick Angus Brayshaw has re-committed to Melbourne until the end of 2018, before playing his first AFL game.

Brayshaw was contracted to the Demons to the end of 2016 after signing a standard two-year deal upon being drafted.

However, AFL.com.au understands the 19-year-old has agreed to terms on a two-year extension that will bind him to Melbourne for the next four seasons.

The son of AFL Coaches Association chief executive and former North Melbourne player Mark Brayshaw, the hard-nosed midfielder is a prolific ball-winner who is equally damaging at stoppages and in open space.

Brayshaw shapes as a key member of Melbourne's emerging batch of young midfielders, alongside Dom Tyson, Jack Viney, Christian Salem and Christian Petracca, and his importance can only increase this season with Petracca out for the year with an ACL tear.

Purple 77

Always good to see a show of faith by a player  8)