Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

nrich102

Mailman the 2nd

Not really the point. He went over 20 disposals in all of the first 4 games of the season, gets subbed in the 5th and never gets played again.

Sylvia and Moloney aren't and weren't bad players, both when they played at and left Melbourne. They're just undisciplined, lazy  who got off easy being the most experienced players at a bottom club.

If you're disscussing Melbourne (which is what this board is) then Sylvia and Moloney are definitely categorized together.

Melbourne is a lot better with players like Cross and Dawes instead of them

kilbluff1985

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on February 08, 2015, 10:39:28 PM
Not really the point. He went over 20 disposals in all of the first 4 games of the season, gets subbed in the 5th and never gets played again.

Sylvia and Moloney aren't and weren't bad players, both when they played at and left Melbourne. They're just undisciplined, lazy  who got off easy being the most experienced players at a bottom club.

If you're disscussing Melbourne (which is what this board is) then Sylvia and Moloney are definitely categorized together.

Melbourne is a lot better with players like Cross and Dawes instead of them

Where has their ever been mention of Moloney being undisciciplined and lazy? Please post us some articles and facts rather than pulling statesments out of your arse please. He only played 5 games because of injury that ended his career.

I can get some statements from actual Brisbane employees if you like.

Quote“Brent is a fantastic character and we are fortunate to have had him as part of our Lions family,” Brisbane football manager Darren Warren said.

“Brent has been a great mentor for our young playing list, in particular our midfielders and will be sorely missed around the club.

“We wish him all the very best in his future endeavours.”

He told the Lions website he wanted to be remembered as an “honest bloke” and a good teammate.

Also a tweet from the Pig himself

https://twitter.com/rockwiz38/status/498646410376404993/photo/1

Now how about you stop being lazy and undisciliplined and learn abit about footy before make baseless attacks on players.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2015, 10:49:10 PM
nope

Both questionable leaders, both got dropped purely on poor work ethic, both get suspended/leadership and captaincy taken away for poor off-field indiscretions (drinking, driving accidents.

Look on any Demonland thread from 2012, huge questions on "cancerous attitude" spreading through their club. Look where they're at 2 years later.

They sure were great model players for Melbourne!

nrich102

How was Moloney a spud at Brisbane? Injuries got the better of him and he retired after 2 years at Brisbane therefore he is a spud?

What he did mentoring our younger guys like Aish was very good. Hardly a spud.

kilbluff1985

this whole thing was based on there careers after leaving Melbourne and Moloney was way better at Brisbane then Sylvia at Freo

don't know how you can deny that

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2015, 11:11:40 PM
this whole thing was based on there careers after leaving Melbourne and Moloney was way better at Brisbane then Sylvia at Freo

I don't think that's the debate :p

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2015, 11:11:40 PM

Quote from: nrich102 on February 08, 2015, 11:11:27 PM
How was Moloney a spud at Brisbane? Injuries got the better of him and he retired after 2 years at Brisbane therefore he is a spud?

What he did mentoring our younger guys like Aish was very good. Hardly a spud.

Why do you guys keep talking about Brisbane in particular, you all keep bringing it up despite the fact my original post was specifically about Melbourne's (hence why this is on a Melbourne board)

Not once did I say Moloney was a bad player, he won a best and fairest for a reason and at one point was the best clearance player in the comp.

I'm just gonna leave before it gets personal lol, evidently Moloney is Jesus re-incarnate

nrich102

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on February 08, 2015, 11:16:47 PM
I'm just gonna leave before it gets personal lol, evidently Moloney is Jesus re-incarnate
Says he's going to leave before it gets personal, insults Christians  ::)

My Chumps

Quote from: nrich102 on February 08, 2015, 11:18:45 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on February 08, 2015, 11:16:47 PM
Says he's going to leave before it gets personal, insults Christians  ::)
How is that insulting Christians? Wow.

MM was making a solid argument and everyone's just like 'nah he was good at Brisbane', lol.

Ringo

I think the issue started by labelling Sylvia and Moloney in the same category.

Whilst that may have been the case at Melbourne and I respect MM opinion and insight in the facts he has now presented, it does not ring true to Lions supporters.

So my take is Moloney grasped the opportunity at a new club and took it whereas Sylvia just appeared to coast along and take the money being paid.

We see it a lot of the time with players turning it around at new clubs but also some do not.

So to get this back on track as a Melbourne discussion and on the facts MM has presented both were cancerous to Melbourne and had to go.

Regarding the insulting to Christians Jesus is the Leader of the Christian Church and comparing Sylvia to Jesus would be insulting to Christians just an explanation.

Purple 77

In lighter news after the Petracca devastation, JKH has signed on for 2 more years  8)

Love this kid.

quinny88

Moloney was actually a good player at Melbourne too. Neeld was just a tosser and didn't get along with him so he didn't play him.
Nothing to do with Moloney being lazy. He won the b&f the year before Neeld got there then barely got played and kept getting made the sub because Neeld didn't like him