Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Happy with Garlett - Kent can't play the small forward role consistently and JKH needs much more development. Also creates competition for spots

Vinny

What do you guys think you would give up for Garlett?

Big Mac

Quote from: Vinny on October 08, 2014, 05:30:17 PM
What do you guys think you would give up for Garlett?

Would have to be a fourth-rounder wouldn't it? Our 3rd rounder is dedicated to Stretch and our second rounder would be too high. Unless you have your eye on a player?

Purple 77

I was thinking Pick 61, but it does seem a touch low...

Will happily give you Sam Blease or James Strauss as well?

nrich102

You'd have to give them a first round pick for them to take Blease (with no Carlton players involved) :P

Purple 77

Quote from: nrich102 on October 08, 2014, 07:17:07 PM
You'd have to give them a first round pick for them to take Blease (with no Carlton players involved) :P

And people thought me stupid mid-season when I said Blease would get delisted   :P in fact they questioned whether I supported the dees  ::)

Vinny

61 is way too low for a player that kicked 40 goals just a year ago. He had a tough season but can still play and is young plus has runs on the board guys.

nrich102

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 08, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

And people thought me stupid mid-season when I said Blease would get delisted   :P in fact they questioned whether I supported the dees  ::)
Haha. Spuds!

61 is too low, but a second rounder is too high, I think that Blease/Strauss should be part of the deal.

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 08, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

You sure that wasn't just PB having a laugh?  :P

Quote from: Vinny on October 08, 2014, 07:21:24 PM
61 is way too low for a player that kicked 40 goals just a year ago. He had a tough season but can still play and is young plus has runs on the board guys.

How about Pick 21 for Garlett + 45? Might work if we can land Sam Frost with that pick
Ideal situation for you guys would be upgrading from 7 to 3 but you would need to offer more than Garlett for that

Purple 77

I definitely agree. It's just Carlton did the brave move of saying we'll trade Garlett/Robinson or delist them, big market value killer  :-\

Grazz

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 08, 2014, 07:32:14 PM

I definitely agree. It's just Carlton did the brave move of saying we'll trade Garlett/Robinson or delist them, big market value killer  :-\

Yeh was thinking the same thing.

Toga

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 08, 2014, 07:32:14 PM

Agree with this ^

61 is too low but Carlton didn't do their value any good by saying that

kilbluff1985

Pick 7 + Garlett + Robinson

For pick 3

Would be a good trade for Melbourne might need to give Carlton a 3rd rounder to even it out slightly

A win win for both clubs gives Carlton a better choice of a tall they might want

valkorum

Demons give up 61 and 79 to get Garlett and pick 83

Nicely done Melbourne. 

WCarey18

Fresh of the Twittersphere.