Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

I guess I need to watch him since his move. I've only seen him play for the Magpies (I watched a lot of their games before their fall to barrack against them, and during their fall, to barrack against them). Yeah I guess he must have had something more to offer, because the Pies didn't trade him or delist him, he requested the trade because he wasn't happy.

I think he'll always be the brunt of the joke within the fantasy football community because he's a dt tease. Every season he comes later than the other players and is a significantly cheaper option than a premium upgrade, he opens up with a few 100's, so naturally you trade him in. Then he burns you hahahaha. Happened to me in 2009 & happened to a few people this season. Between 2010-12 there were times where he almost lured me back in. However, I'd learned since then haha but that's why I think he is subjected to denigration on forums   

Nige

When Hogan's up and about and playing with him he shouldn't get as much attention (which was kinda the idea of Dawes, Clark and Hogan lining up together).

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on October 05, 2014, 03:27:17 PM
When Hogan's up and about and playing with him he shouldn't get as much attention (which was kinda the idea of Dawes, Clark and Hogan lining up together).
What Clark did was disrespectful imo. Melbourne paid a lot for him, hopefully their compensation was a first round pick because they really deserve it. I think it is fair enough Clark retire because clinical depression, but one can't help but be cynical when, only 6 months later, they state they want to return to the AFL for any club but the Demons. I've found myself questioning whether it was just a ploy for him to leave. I know it was almost definitely a severe mental health issue, but if that's the case he is returning far to early. I think Ross Lyon handled the whole incident best tbh

Big Mac

Billy Stretch for pick 39   :)

Purple 77

Nige

Purple 77

Toga

Yep, it's on the AFL live feed:

5.24pm: BREAKING: Pick 3 compensation for James Frawley. Due to Hawthorn contract amount offer and player's age.

powersuperkents

Firstly, Stretch at 39 is a bargain

Secondly, pick 2 & 3 is fantastic (I originally thought they had 2 & 3 and Frawley come intervene making it picks 2, 3, & 4)

Bill Manspeaker

surely everyone knew a long time ago Dees would get pick 3  ???

Nige

Quote from: brad on October 06, 2014, 06:45:22 PM
surely everyone knew a long time ago Dees would get pick 3  ???
Yes, they did.

But a lot were just not wanting to believe it or against it.

ossie85

Looks like Jeff Garlett going to be a Demon soon

So that's Garlett, O'Brien and Pick 3, with the major loss of Frawley

Could be worse.

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on October 07, 2014, 02:14:42 PM

Looks like Jeff Garlett going to be a Demon soon

So that's Garlett, O'Brien and Pick 3, with the major loss of Frawley

Could be worse.

Well it's looks worse like this:

Clark, Frawley + (4th round pick?)

FOR

Garlett, Lumumba + Pick 3

Still think the structural loss here is huge.

Toga

The whole Clark situation is still bullshower

elephants