Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 01, 2014, 03:42:29 PM
Well, I'm not sure his team-mates will be impressed with him now  >:(

It's ironic with Dawes, he had 3 main reasons that he joined Melbourne for: Wanted to play under Neeld, wanted to play with Clark, and the third reason was just-helping-a-team-script talk lol

Did Dawes ever play with Clark?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2014, 03:44:06 PM

It's ironic with Dawes, he had 3 main reasons that he joined Melbourne for: Wanted to play under Neeld, wanted to play with Clark, and the third reason was just-helping-a-team-script talk lol

Nope  :-[

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 01, 2014, 03:45:04 PM

Oh well - He will get to play with someone even better next year

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2014, 03:48:02 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 01, 2014, 03:45:04 PM

Oh well - He will get to play with someone even better next year
Jesse Hogan ;)

Big Mac

I remember reading a few days ago that Roos would be leaving half way through trade period to take a holiday. Can't remember where I read it though - anyone heard similar?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2014, 08:21:51 PM
I remember reading a few days ago that Roos would be leaving half way through trade period to take a holiday. Can't remember where I read it though - anyone heard similar?

I remember that too... seems an odd thing to do. Unless we should be done by then?

So the bookends have now left, of course we are going to improve now...

Big Mac

Yeh it is pretty odd - Roos is the kind of coach who is very straightforward with his trading and puts the best deal on the table straight up without any bs. But can he rely on the other coaches to do the same?

Purple 77

I just really want Danger. Even if it's for both pick 2 and 3. It would just make me so happy lol

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 02, 2014, 09:43:16 AM
I just really want Danger. Even if it's for both pick 2 and 3. It would just make me so happy lol

I would kill for a star player as well - I know it would get me to more games

Grazz

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 02, 2014, 09:43:16 AM

I reckon its a good deal if the Crows feel Danger is going at the end of 2015, after then his value is pretty small.

powersuperkents

I like the Demons but I just can't help but ask, after seeing this player's salary

Why is Chris Dawes paid $500k a season to be shower at football?

haha Boak & Dangerfield only make $600k each & Monfries makes $400k a season

(yet Monfries scored more goals with less games and sustained injury and even when Dawes was in Collingwood -premiership year- with plenty of supply he only scored 30 in 20, conversely, that's only a slightly above average season for Monfries (just)

Surely they could be spending that money on someone better (could cover 83% of Danger's salary if he was willing to transfer for the same salary)

Purple 77

I'm yet to see how Dawes is shower at football personally, but I can kinda see what you mean. Overpay? Probably. Vital to melbourne's team? Of course. Dawes can't be blamed entirely for his wavering form, he is playing for the worst offensive team of the year. Although he has frustrated me at times for not doing a little more, I'm very glad he is playing for us.

Ricochet

While im surprised if Dawes is on that much I think you're underestimating what he brought to this footy club, apart from kicking goals. From the few interviews I've seen about him, his leadership and strength to not accept mediocrity would be pretty vital alone

Nige

Yeah, I think the stuff directed at Dawes is a bit unfair. He's not really that bad. He's probably yet to really be a star of the club (I think reckon he's perfectly capable of it and him alongside Jesse Hogan could be amazing), but he seems like he's still really been a fantastic recruit even if he's not the most gifted or consistent footballer.

Big Mac

You do have to pay a fair bit extra to get players to weaker clubs but imo he's been worth it. Just watching him on the field directing teammates and giving advice shows you how important he is. Also would be unfair to judge him based on stats given the ball flies over his head half the time and the other half he has to fight off two players.