Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 30, 2014, 09:25:54 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 30, 2014, 09:20:00 PM
I seriously doubt Clark had any intention of screwing the club. He left, and the dees allowed him to leave because he was mentally unwell. He recovered faster than either parties probably expected, so he decided to return to AFL.

It's unfortunate that he didn't choose the Dees, but I'm sure he had his reasons.
Reasons not good enough, as I said before when he quit (About the compo only)  He's well enough to go back to his job? Why should the Dee's get screwed?
Quote from: Big  Mac on September 30, 2014, 10:00:06 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 30, 2014, 09:20:00 PM
I seriously doubt Clark had any intention of screwing the club. He left, and the dees allowed him to leave because he was mentally unwell. He recovered faster than either parties probably expected, so he decided to return to AFL.

It's unfortunate that he didn't choose the Dees, but I'm sure he had his reasons.

If he didn't want to screw us then he would be starting his preseason at the dees next month. Instead he has essentially taken the millions he was paid, ignored the support and care the mfc showed for him and said 'get flowered'

Yeah, on reflection, I think you guys are kind of right. He should at least have gone and seen his contract out- unless he feels like he needs a fresh start because of whatever reason, or there was some behind the scenes stuff that wasn't too supportive, it does seem like a dick move.

the real question is, did he get paid out the remainder of his contract when he retired? If he did, then he screwed melbourne over just based on that. If he didn't, well, melbourne cut him loose when he was flowered up and they would have known the risks that entailed.

Vinny

If Dees payed out his contract, he can get absolutely flowered.

Ziplock

Quote from: Vinny on October 01, 2014, 12:52:15 AM

I don't think they did, or it definitely would have been mentioned by now.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ziplock on October 01, 2014, 01:33:17 AM

They did to a certain degree, the entire details weren't released though

Ziplock

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 01, 2014, 02:02:48 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 01, 2014, 01:33:17 AM

They did to a certain degree, the entire details weren't released though

I think they would have paid out his contract for the 2014 season... I feel like if they'd given anything beyond that it would have come to light by now.

Purple 77

We gave him some sort of pay out for 2014, not for 2015

Ricochet

just thought of this. Maybe a trigger for his depression was a part of the MFC. Like he may not fit in with the boys. Or he was bullied by a player, coach,  employee, etc. Or he's had a run in with Roos or another person at the club in the past.

Have to admit I jumped on him pretty quickly as a money chaser, especially when he didn't come home from Brissie. But can't really judge when severe depression is involved because we simply don't know the full facts

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/dees-target-defenders

With Frawley departing Melbourne have set sights on Dan Merrett and Sam Frost.  We will take Frawleys compensation pick for Merrett should be fair.

Purple 77

Oh lord, how I don't want Merrett. I don't want him, so very much.

Ringo

Like him as a defender Purps but definitely not a forward.

Purple 77

Don't really understand Melbourne thinking we need to fill Frawley's void in the defence, he barely played there the whole year! TMac, Garlo (with a pre-season), Dunn, Jetta, Howe and Grimes did just fine. And as for his forward influence, there is a guy called Jesse Hogan coming up...

Mainly Merrett's age is my deterrent, but if he came at a 4th round pick (yes, that is cheap), then why not I guess.

Frost could be a good move.

kilbluff1985

lol at the idea of wanting pick 3 for Merrett yes they may be similar players but Frawley is much younger

Big Mac

Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2014, 09:13:44 AM
just thought of this. Maybe a trigger for his depression was a part of the MFC. Like he may not fit in with the boys. Or he was bullied by a player, coach,  employee, etc. Or he's had a run in with Roos or another person at the club in the past.

Have to admit I jumped on him pretty quickly as a money chaser, especially when he didn't come home from Brissie. But can't really judge when severe depression is involved because we simply don't know the full facts

The story they've given us just doesn't add up. When he was playing he was the most passionate player out there. He put his body and heart on the line for the team. He was the reason you would go to games when you knew you didn't have a chance to win. There was no indication of him having any struggles at the club.

All along they have said that his injuries were the root of his depression. He felt guilty that he couldn't do his part for the club and actually give something back. Now he can though - but his mind is so fragile that he can't even be near the MFC, while still being able to play at the same level? It doesn't make sense.

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 01, 2014, 11:23:53 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 01, 2014, 09:13:44 AM

The story they've given us just doesn't add up. When he was playing he was the most passionate player out there. He put his body and heart on the line for the team. He was the reason you would go to games when you knew you didn't have a chance to win. There was no indication of him having any struggles at the club.

All along they have said that his injuries were the root of his depression. He felt guilty that he couldn't do his part for the club and actually give something back. Now he can though - but his mind is so fragile that he can't even be near the MFC, while still being able to play at the same level? It doesn't make sense.
Yeh i know man its certainly not clear at all. Just thinking that a fair bit has changed since he was playing regularly which has steered him away and that we don't know the truth, and probably won't ever know.

Purple 77

Well, I'm not sure his team-mates will be impressed with him now  >:(

It's ironic with Dawes, he had 3 main reasons that he joined Melbourne for: Wanted to play under Neeld, wanted to play with Clark, and the third reason was just-helping-a-team-script talk lol