Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 09, 2014, 02:42:55 PM
Attention everybody everywhere (I'm sadly looking at some journo's too)... it's Mitch Clark, there is no e!

Lol, just a pet peeve I have, it's the same as people saying Trengrove instead of Trengove :P
oh I feel you brother.

apparently we have a guy playing for us named Jack Stevens. funny cos we don't have a Jack Stevens on our list?

Purple 77

Quote from: brad on September 09, 2014, 02:46:04 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 09, 2014, 02:42:55 PM
Attention everybody everywhere (I'm sadly looking at some journo's too)... it's Mitch Clark, there is no e!

Lol, just a pet peeve I have, it's the same as people saying Trengrove instead of Trengove :P
oh I feel you brother.

apparently we have a guy playing for us named Jack Stevens. funny cos we don't have a Jack Stevens on our list?

Yes! I was thinking about him when I was writing that too  :P

ossie85

Had an interesting discussion a few years back with a friend who told me he really liked that Shaw player for Brisbane.

I said I didn't think there was a Shaw that played for Brisbane..

Friend was adamant, and told me it was Brad Shaw.

Grumble.

Big Mac

If Ryder ends up at Brisbane, could we be interested in the Berger?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 09, 2014, 10:26:18 PM
If Ryder ends up at Brisbane, could we be interested in the Berger?

As long as he doesn't cost more than a second rounder, and that we don't need that second rounder for Stretch, sure.

Purple 77

Maybe melbourne should go after Giles?

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 18, 2014, 01:33:09 PM
I'm not really sure why you'd need to though. You've got Jamar for another year and still have Gawn, Fitzy, Spencer and Max King. In a year or two, at least Gawn (seems to be the next best atm after Jamar) will be ahead of him and he's down the pecking order again, assuming that Fitzy and Spencer continue to be serviceable.

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on September 18, 2014, 01:35:47 PM
I'm not really sure why you'd need to though. You've got Jamar for another year and still have Gawn, Fitzy, Spencer and Max King. In a year or two, at least Gawn (seems to be the next best atm after Jamar) will be ahead of him and he's down the pecking order again, assuming that Fitzy and Spencer continue to be serviceable.

However true, there are concerns about whether really that either Spencer or Gawn is able to beat other ruckman consistently enough to warrant their spot.

I personally think we're fine. But hey, if he came cheap, I wouldn't say no.

kilbluff1985

would you be interested in Melksham and or Howlett?

i heard Howlett is on the table and probably Melksham also i think both would add some toughness to your side

Purple 77

I'd take Howlett if we didn't re-sign Rohan Bail. But think melbourne are more after people with midfield class than physical presence atm.

Holz

not great for Berlin.

If only you were loaded in Sydney players your team would be insane.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holzman on September 18, 2014, 02:48:46 PM

not great for Berlin.

I did think of Berlin  :P and then Nige's willingness to keep Giles... it would cause problems!  :P

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 18, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: Holzman on September 18, 2014, 02:48:46 PM

not great for Berlin.

I did think of Berlin  :P and then Nige's willingness to keep Giles... it would cause problems!  :P
Nah, you'd just have to give me Petterd or a good forward.  ;)

Grazz

Congrats on the appointment of Goody as your assistant coach, think youve got a good one there no pun intended.

Purple 77

Oh goodness, how I want Dangerfield on this team.

He is EXACTLY what we need IMO. One of the few players I feel that can slow down time when he has the ball. He would be the star mid with genuine class that we have been crying out for since... whoever was our last midfield star (I love you Jones, I think you're elite, but don't think you're a game changing star. But you are the MFC really)