Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: j959 on September 08, 2014, 05:37:34 PM
Purps, Big Mac, MTTY et al ... would you guys want Melb to pay 'market value' (whatever that is??) for Frawley to keep him at the Dees??

450k a year (which is what I think he should get, and that's being kind), then in a heart beat sure.

Would much prefer to keep him than lose him... but Pick 3 would wipe my tears away somewhat.

Purple 77

Is all in Clark's court... only two results, 1) I flowering love you or 2) I don't rate you as a person.

Capper

So Clarke retired so does that mean that the Dees wont get anything for him??

Big Mac

Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 09:46:39 PM
So Clarke retired so does that mean that the Dees wont get anything for him??

He is still on our list so we can trade him

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 08, 2014, 09:10:45 PM
Looks like we're getting him. Not sure we need him would have preferred Carlisle, Frawley or a clearance midfielder
Saw this on Twitter.

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah from what I've heard, if he does come back Melbourne can trade him

quinny88

Clarke wouldn't even get a game in Hawthorns forward line lol

Jay

Quote from: quinny88 on September 08, 2014, 11:19:38 PM
He could probably do the David Hale role pretty well.

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on September 09, 2014, 08:43:55 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on September 08, 2014, 11:19:38 PM
He could probably do the David Hale role pretty well.

Ricochet

Can understand the hate from Melb supporters on MC for saying he wants to stay at MFC and leaving, but not the hate from others/media for him chasing money/wanting to go straight into a successful team. Its the AFL world we live in now with FA. Players have every right to chase the mega bucks or want to fastrack their own premiership chances. And honestly, if playing at a successful club/getting a bigger pay package helps Mitch with his depression, then its good for him. Loyalty still has a place in the AFL, but Mitch had only been at the club for 2 years and played 15 games, so he may not have that connection to the MFC.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 09, 2014, 10:06:19 AM
Its the AFL world we live in now with FA. Players have every right to chase the mega bucks or want to fastrack their own premiership chances.
Pretty much what Spuddy did. Could have gone to GWS and been the face of the club and all, racked up big dollars. But once Sydney offered him that ridiculous deal, he was never gonna say no to another chance at glory sooner rather than later.

MTTY

Quote from: j959 on September 08, 2014, 05:37:34 PM
Purps, Big Mac, MTTY et al ... would you guys want Melb to pay 'market value' (whatever that is??) for Frawley to keep him at the Dees??

Based on his form the last 2 years, he's worth no more than 500k. If we pay upwards of 550k for him, then no I wouldn't want us to keep him.

Ideally I want him on our list, but as Purple said pick 3 would be sufficient in return.

ossie85

This was quite a poor comment from Ross Lyong

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-09/freo-no-to-whats-his-name-

I know he didn't take the Freo deal, but sour grapes shouldn't be an issue when it is dealing with depression

Capper

Still he biggest problem with Clarke is this he hasnt played for a while due to an injury. Is he over that injury? Can he play? How long can he play for?

He certainly doent have the match fitness and will struggle for a season

Glad the Swans and Giants wont go after him

Purple 77

Attention everybody everywhere (I'm sadly looking at some journo's too)... it's Mitch Clark, there is no e!

Lol, just a pet peeve I have, it's the same as people saying Trengrove instead of Trengove :P