Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Big Mac

This post was made earlier today by an incredibly respected and reliable poster on Demonland.

"MFC Blindsided"

As many of you know, I have excellent contacts in the MFC at administration and board level.  Over recent years despite the roll over of staff I have been able to maintain these contacts and often share some of what I am hearing with my fellow heavy hearted Dees members via this forum. After the weekends revelations I did not want to make comment on the MC situation until I had made the contact with my sources. This what I have been told.

- The decision to retire from AFL was always with MC health in mind. In reality it was always a break that may have become permanent rather than a retirement.  MC always (even at the time of retirement) maintained ambitions to play again, play for the MFC and repay the MFC and its faithful for its investment and support. The decision to retire was ONLY to give MC the best chance of recovery by taking all pressure off him.  The full process of playing in 2015 were set out in the retirement discussions. MC only ever expressed complete desire and loyalty to the MFC. As such MFC continued to support MC in the ABSOUTE belief that if fit he would play for MFC. Essentially the ball was left with MC.  MC has been in regular contact with fitness staff and coaches and on a MFC derived fitness plan.

- MCs return to physical and mental health has been fantastic. So much so that up until about 2 weeks ago, the MFC were extremely confident he would be recontracted to play for the MFC in 2015. In fact the confidence I was hearing from within the club was much greater than what I expressed on Demonland.  MFC were 100% certain that if MC did play it would be only in red & blue and it seemed the only question would be whether to rookie him or place him on the senior list.

- Approx. two weeks ago MC manager was contacted as to whether MC would attend the Best & Fairest and also to initiate contract discussions. Misson had been training with MC that day and had been excited by MC developing fitness. Contact between the club, MC, and his manager has been ongoing and until this point there had been no hint of dissatisfaction or expressed desire to play for anyone else. It was at this time that MC manager let the MFC know that MC did not wish to play for MFC next year and wanted to play for another Melbourne club.

- The club was completely blindsided. Roos had steam coming out of his ears. I have been told by one of my sources that Roos almost blew a blood vessel.

JBs-Hawks

Is it possible to hold his contract and not let him play anywhere?

Mat0369

Technically if he is contracted they don't have to delist him. They would have to keep a spot on the list for him and pay him his contract, but I assume yes they could if they really wanted to. He would just probably 'retire' again if that was the case and might try and make a comeback the year after.

kilbluff1985

Hird has met with him apparently

j959

Purps, Big Mac, MTTY et al ... would you guys want Melb to pay 'market value' (whatever that is??) for Frawley to keep him at the Dees??

Toga

That's pretty poor if this eventuates. I hope for the club's sake something is worked out :(

DazBurg

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 08, 2014, 05:37:19 PM
Hird has met with him apparently
do not want

the only reason he has not been completley smashe din the media as an unloyal mercenary is due to his "mental" state

but even before this he told brisbane he was leaving to go home to WA
and took off to melbourne instead for money and now coming back after taking a payout and all the help melbourne offered him as soon as his getting better he stiffs them too

un loyal who should not be taken into the bombers

dees should feel lucky bad character flaws you don't want the younger kids picking up

and again i will repeat the dees should be asking for the money back if he screws then they should screw him

elephants

Daz will legitimately explode if he goes to the Dons :P

JBs-Hawks

Dont want him at the Hawks either.

Will take Carlisle though :P

Mailman the 2nd

That would be disappointing if true.

DazBurg

Quote from: elephants on September 08, 2014, 07:22:08 PM
Daz will legitimately explode if he goes to the Dons :P
you know it ;)

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 08, 2014, 07:28:01 PM
Dont want him at the Hawks either.

Will take Carlisle though :P

Hands off mate ;)

Grazz

Can understand the rage at Melbourne, really poor by MC if thats the case. He should of expressed that from the begining that he would not return to the Dee's then leave it up to the Dee's as to how they handled him from there on. Seems he's taken advantage of alot of help with no intention of returning. :(

Ringo

Really disappointed in MC - Seems he is chasing money.  Does not appear to have any values - When he left Brisbane he said he wanted to go home to Perth and then took Melbournes money.  lost all credibility with me at that stage.

JBs-Hawks

Looks like we're getting him. Not sure we need him would have preferred Carlisle, Frawley or a clearance midfielder