Main Menu

Melbourne Discussion

Started by Purple 77, April 06, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 03, 2014, 05:10:41 PM
Howe was great down back, and Jetta has been a revelation down there. Tommy Mac positioned himself well all day and made some good spoils. Tyson and Jones good as usual. That is all.

They definitely were the positives. I also think if Kent kicked 3.1 and passed that ball to Dawes instead of kicking a behind, he would have almost been BOG.

quinny88

Melbourne just cannot win at etihad  :o

GoLions

That was such a terrible game today hahaha. Errors everywhere. No-one could hit a target by foot. You guys managed to score most of the time you went inside 50, our delivery was much poorer. Only real difference that I think separated the 2 sides was that our pressure on the man with the ball was probably a lot better.

Ricochet

Big Mac

Loving Gawn's work in the VFL at the moment

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 05, 2014, 04:58:20 PM
Loving Gawn's work in the VFL at the moment

That has been a positive. Fitzy is only a little-bit of goal kicking accuracy away from dominating too.

Good to see Michie perform well too.

LF

Quick question Melbournites
Who do you think might wear the green vest this week?
Just trying to do my team for a comp and have Michie in it.He`ll only be an E but I have another player I can put there instead but I think the other player might get the vest as well haha.

Thanking you in advance

Purple 77

Quote from: luvfooty on August 08, 2014, 02:01:56 PM
Quick question Melbournites
Who do you think might wear the green vest this week?
Just trying to do my team for a comp and have Michie in it.He`ll only be an E but I have another player I can put there instead but I think the other player might get the vest as well haha.

Thanking you in advance

Assuming it comes from the current interchange:
Jack Viney
Viv Michie
Aidan Riley
Dom Barry

I will tell you now it won't be Viney, and judging from the player Riley is, it shouldn't be Riley (although he has been the sub). Dom Barry has played his only 2 games as the sub, and could be likely to get it again, after (IMO) a non-door-crashing string of performances in the VFL. Michie, however, has been playing in the VFL consistently for a good stretch now, so based on that logic, and our need for strong midfielders against Hawthorn, I'm tipping Barry will be the sub (for the third stupid time in a row because he is a tagger).

Could also say that since Riley had an awful, awful, awful game last week (he is in my blacklist atm), that he could get a slap on the wrist in the form of a green vest, so I think Michie will be 3rd in line to be the sub.

Unless Roos does the dog thing and puts JKH the sub, then I won't even watch the game lol

LF

Ok thanks purps
Hope JKH isn`t the sub it`s better for you guys if he is on field playing rather than warming the bench for the majority of the match.

Big Mac

Would definitely agree with Purple re: the sub this week. Also unsure why Barry is back in the side this week, especially considering he was initially named in the development squad last week. Thought he would need several decent games to get back.

On another note, some people on D'land are suggesting that Mitch Robinson would be a good pickup. Personally, I couldn't think of a worse thing to do.

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 08, 2014, 09:33:38 PM
On another note, some people on D'land are suggesting that Mitch Robinson would be a good pickup. Personally, I couldn't think of a worse thing to do.

Ugh... maybe onfield? I guess he shows that never-say-die attitude, but at the cost of another attitude I guess.

Don't need more players with questionable skill  :-\ but I can see why they linked him with us

Purple 77

Have really come to like Kent since his Essendon game. And it's not just the running goals he kicks, it's the pressure he applies as well that has earned my praise.

This kid has a future here; something I would have been far from saying at the start of this year.

Big Mac

Agreed - I remember coming to the same conclusion last year - might have been after the (2nd?) gold coast game

MTTY

Been a big fan of Kent, since we drafted him. Plays Sylvia's old role well enough. Has a similar body to him, and while he has a lesser marking ability, he puts in a whole lot more than Sylvia did/does.

stew42

And probably has a much smaller wage than Sylvia had :P